Windows 10: new install optical drive not seen

Discus and support new install optical drive not seen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; help - optical drive not seen after clean install Win 10 / 64 pro up to date... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChrisfromNC40, Apr 11, 2020.

1. new install optical drive not seen

help - optical drive not seen after clean install Win 10 / 64 pro up to date

:)

ChrisfromNC40, Apr 11, 2020
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

new install optical drive not seen [​IMG]

Jerry8A, Apr 11, 2020
  3. LemP Win User
    Optical drive letters keep swapping

Open Disk Management (click Start, type diskmgmt.msc in the Search box, and press Enter).

1. In the lower pane, right-click on your optical drive and select "Change drive letter and paths"
    2. Assign Y: to the first optical drive
    3. Repeat step 1 for the second optical drive and assign Z:

4. Jerry8A Win User

new install optical drive not seen

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Steve –
    Again, my thanks for supplying detailed pictures and steps. They really help.
    The following are screenshots of where I am.
    Screenshot 23 shows confirmation my Registry was changed.
    Screenshot 24 shows the list of “Send to” names including the CD shortcut.
    Screenshot 25 shows the “Send to” list, but the CD name is still not listed.

Jerry

Jerry8A, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

new install optical drive not seen

1. new install optical drive not seen - Similar Threads - install optical drive

2. optical drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    optical drive: so, my optical drive is only reading blank disks. when I insert a blank disk, it reads without a problem, but when I insert a disk thhat has even 1 byte, the drive goes crazy and does not read. i would like an answer to that....
  3. optical drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    optical drive: so, my optical drive is only reading blank disks. when I insert a blank disk, it reads without a problem, but when I insert a disk thhat has even 1 byte, the drive goes crazy and does not read. i would like an answer to that....
  4. Optical Drive seen as SCSI Device by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Optical Drive seen as SCSI Device by Windows 10: Greetings to All, I am using the latest version of Windows 10. The problem is my Win10 sees my Optical Drives as a SCSI device when in my thinking they should be seen as IDE or ATAPI devices (not sure which one). In short, I can see my Optical Drives nested in my Device...
  5. Windows 10 Optical Drive not seen, another Win 10 issue !

Windows 10 Optical Drive not seen, another Win 10 issue !: I've got a well spec'd Dell M6800 running Win 10 Pro Recently the newest problem arose. My optical drive won'r read. Its there on the PC list of devices but won't scan or read a data disk, can't write to it or read from it. Yet if I put a music CD in it, it plays. The...
  6. DVD Installation with no optic drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    DVD Installation with no optic drive: Hi, I accidentally purchased the DVD version of Windows 10 for a new pc build that doesn't have an optical drive. Is it possible to use a serial number or something on this DVD to transfer over to a USB version, or do I need to return the DVD and buy a new license entirely?...
  7. optical drive

optical drive: just bought a new desk top PC. manual shows that there is an optical drive eject button but I don't see it in my PC. am I equipped with optical drive or no? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optical-drive/ff81eee5-343a-42cc-b7f8-31d2e4a2b445
  8. Optical drive will not install

Optical drive will not install: Toshiba Satellite laptop. New problem in the last few days. Windows 10 version 1809. Trying to send backup data to a flash drive, I noticed that the flash drive was labeled as 'D' instead of 'E' . Went to device manager, cd/dvd drive and saw this error for device status....
  9. Internal optical drive seen as removable drive

Internal optical drive seen as removable drive: Hi guys, I've got a CQ62 running an AMD processor. It's working great in every way but one. The internal CD/DVD burner is seen as a removable drive, and is inaccessible. Under Device Manager it's listed under Disk Drives, whereas normally it should be under DVD/CD Drives....
  10. optical drive

optical drive: is not listed in devices and wont find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/optical-drive/0fdeeee8-96a7-42b5-801d-ed31c57d2c14

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 optical driver not working