Windows 10: New Install Question

Discus and support New Install Question in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just tried to boot up and found my PC is dead. After much messing around with various things, it appears either my mobo or my CPU has died. (Sabretooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Graham9, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Graham9 Win User

New Install Question

Just tried to boot up and found my PC is dead. After much messing around with various things, it appears either my mobo or my CPU has died. (Sabretooth 990FX and AM3+). Either way, I'm looking at replacing both with something a bit more up to date. I'll also upgrade the HD's and move up to DDR4 memory while I'm at it. However, I've been lead to believe that Windows lives and dies with the mobo. So when I get a new one, I need to reinstall. As I will have new hardware, I assume my backup from my original is useless and will have to start from scratch. My Win 10 was derived from a Win 7 disc, which I will have to install. So my question is, can I rebuild up from Win 7 to Win 10 for free - or do I have to cough up for a new Win 10 install disc?

:)

Graham9, Jun 10, 2021

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jun 10, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 10, 2021
  4. New Install Question

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

New Install Question

1. New Install Question - Similar Threads - Install Question

2. My question is about Aero Peek. How do I make it work after a fresh [Windows 7} install and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My question is about Aero Peek. How do I make it work after a fresh [Windows 7} install and...: Aero Peek changes at times between working and not working for reasons I usually do not know {in fact never know.}. I recently reformatted my Desktop pc 3 times. {Running Windows 7 and not going to update to 10 or 11.} The last reformat was because Aero Peek was not working....
  3. My question is about Aero Peek. How do I make it work after a fresh [Windows 7} install and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My question is about Aero Peek. How do I make it work after a fresh [Windows 7} install and...: Aero Peek changes at times between working and not working for reasons I usually do not know {in fact never know.}. I recently reformatted my Desktop pc 3 times. {Running Windows 7 and not going to update to 10 or 11.} The last reformat was because Aero Peek was not working....
  4. My Question is About Nvidia Driver Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Question is About Nvidia Driver Installation: Dear Microsoft CommitteeBefore Answering my Issue let's quick review my Laptop Specifications Model: HP Laptop Pavilion 15-bc200neRam: 16 GB RamRom: 1 TB +256 NVME SSDProcessor: Core i7-7th GenerationGraphic Driver: IntelR HD Graphics 630Window Install: Window 10 HomI am...
  5. My Question is About Nvidia Driver Installation

My Question is About Nvidia Driver Installation: Dear Microsoft CommitteeBefore Answering my Issue let's quick review my Laptop Specifications Model: HP Laptop Pavilion 15-bc200neRam: 16 GB RamRom: 1 TB +256 NVME SSDProcessor: Core i7-7th GenerationGraphic Driver: IntelR HD Graphics 630Window Install: Window 10 HomI am...
  6. My Question is About Nvidia Driver Installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Question about installed programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about installed programs: So, I installed Windows 11 and decided to under volt my gpu. I installed Aida64 extreme and i did not save a desktop shortcut because i do not like those. Restarted my pc and I tried to run my aida64 exe file.spent 10 min to search for a way to find my exe somewhere...
  8. Question about installed programs

Question about installed programs: So, I installed Windows 11 and decided to under volt my gpu. I installed Aida64 extreme and i did not save a desktop shortcut because i do not like those. Restarted my pc and I tried to run my aida64 exe file.spent 10 min to search for a way to find my exe somewhere...
  9. Hi, I have two questions about doing a clean offline installation of windows10 pro x64 & 3...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hi, I have two questions about doing a clean offline installation of windows10 pro x64 & 3...: Doing a clean offline install of windows 10 pro x641. How do I find out what updates I need to download from windows catalog to do a clean offline install of windows 10 pro x64?2. How do I integrate the updates into the windows installation iso file?Working with Windows 10...
  10. Hi, I have two questions about doing a clean offline installation of windows10 pro x64 & 3...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, I have two questions about doing a clean offline installation of windows10 pro x64 & 3...: Doing a clean offline install of windows 10 pro x641. How do I find out what updates I need to download from windows catalog to do a clean offline install of windows 10 pro x64?2. How do I integrate the updates into the windows installation iso file?Working with Windows 10...