Windows 10: New Install Question

Discus and support New Install Question in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just tried to boot up and found my PC is dead. After much messing around with various things, it appears either my mobo or my CPU has died. (Sabretooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Graham9, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Graham9 Win User

New Install Question

Just tried to boot up and found my PC is dead. After much messing around with various things, it appears either my mobo or my CPU has died. (Sabretooth 990FX and AM3+). Either way, I'm looking at replacing both with something a bit more up to date. I'll also upgrade the HD's and move up to DDR4 memory while I'm at it. However, I've been lead to believe that Windows lives and dies with the mobo. So when I get a new one, I need to reinstall. As I will have new hardware, I assume my backup from my original is useless and will have to start from scratch. My Win 10 was derived from a Win 7 disc, which I will have to install. So my question is, can I rebuild up from Win 7 to Win 10 for free - or do I have to cough up for a new Win 10 install disc?

:)

Graham9, Jun 10, 2021

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jun 10, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 10, 2021
  4. New Install Question

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

New Install Question

1. New Install Question - Similar Threads - Install Question

2. Win10 Bootable USB installation question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Bootable USB installation question: A while back ago I created a Windows 10 USB Bootable stick using the Media Creation Tool. How can I find out which version and build number I have on my USB bootable stick? I am guessing it is 20H2, but I really prefer to double check it. Is there a command to check this...
  3. new Windows installation question

new Windows installation question: Hi, I wanted to know if it's okay with current version of Windows 10 to install it while other SSDs/HDDs are connected? last time I installed Windows I had to remove all other drives so it wouldn't copy the bootloader on other drives and mess something up. has this been...
  4. Installation/Upgrade Question?

Installation/Upgrade Question?: I am in the process of buying a new 1TB m-2 NVMe SSD to replace my present 120GB SSD. Which of the options in the Installation tutorials in the forum above would be the simplest one for me install considering I am a 71yr old pensioner and although I have built three of my own...
  5. Two questions...Restoring Windows 10 vs unregistering the installation on the computer

Two questions...Restoring Windows 10 vs unregistering the installation on the computer: I have a dilemma. I just updated an older ASUS i3 computer that had not been updated for a few years. It took a while, after running into errors, because I was running an unsupported, older version of windows. I reinstalled Windows 10 from USB to get past the errors. Long...
  6. Stolen laptop question - fresh install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stolen laptop question - fresh install?: Hey gang, My laptop was stolen and I am trying to track it. If the thief does a clean windows install, am I out of luck? Thanks..... submitted by /u/WutangCND [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mpdqko/stolen_laptop_question_fresh_install/
  7. Snappy Driver Installer question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Snappy Driver Installer question: do i need to install all update drivers or do i need to install some update drivers? i have my file attached [img] 176743
  8. Question about installing Windows 10 on new computer

Question about installing Windows 10 on new computer: I'm building a new computer and I want the drive Windows is installed on the be K, and my external SSD to be H. Is this possible? Does Windows have to be C? Do I even need a C drive? Also, if I am able to do this, would the K drive on Windows explorer sidebar show up above...
  9. Clean install question and having trouble with something

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clean install question and having trouble with something: So i clean installed windows 10 and when i got to the desktop it asked me if i wanted to download armory crate and a lan driver that comes with it, i clciked no because i dont like armory crate becsuse it restarts my pc everytime After a few seconds on the desktop When i...
  10. Upgrading to an M.2 SSD, question about clean installation of Windows 10

Upgrading to an M.2 SSD, question about clean installation of Windows 10: Upgrading to new SSD and wanting to do a fresh install of Windows 10 on it. My activation is a digital license. This is how it will go, please correct me if I'm wrong: Physically install SSD Boot computer to USB with Windows 10 install Install Windows 10 on new SSD Change...