Windows 10: New Install - Quickie Question

Discus and support New Install - Quickie Question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all. following my other thread, i'm going to stick Win on a new SDD, see how that goes. i've got a Rufus disc of 1909 from Nov 19, as that was the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wolfie138, Oct 28, 2020.

1. wolfie138 Win User

New Install - Quickie Question

Hi all.

following my other thread, i'm going to stick Win on a new SDD, see how that goes. i've got a Rufus disc of 1909 from Nov 19, as that was the build my puter was on, so there'll be a bunch of downloads to catch up w/. so, so i put on the OS and let windows do all its updates before or after i put in the mobo's driver disc?

TIA

:)

wolfie138, Oct 28, 2020

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Oct 28, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 28, 2020
  4. New Install - Quickie Question

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

New Install - Quickie Question

1. New Install - Quickie Question - Similar Threads - Install Quickie Question

2. New Install Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Install Question: Just tried to boot up and found my PC is dead. After much messing around with various things, it appears either my mobo or my CPU has died. (Sabretooth 990FX and AM3+). Either way, I'm looking at replacing both with something a bit more up to date. I'll also upgrade the HD's...
  3. new Windows installation question

new Windows installation question: Hi, I wanted to know if it's okay with current version of Windows 10 to install it while other SSDs/HDDs are connected? last time I installed Windows I had to remove all other drives so it wouldn't copy the bootloader on other drives and mess something up. has this been...
  4. New Install - Quickie Question

New Install - Quickie Question: Hi all. following my other thread, i'm going to stick Win on a new SDD, see how that goes. i've got a Rufus disc of 1909 from Nov 19, as that was the build my puter was on, so there'll be a bunch of downloads to catch up w/. so, so i put on the OS and let windows do all its...
  5. Quickie Question - Can I remove...

in Windows 10 Support
    Quickie Question - Can I remove...: On the evening of July 28th, while working on some other issue, Microsoft tech support, "upgraded" my Win 10 Home 1909 to Win 10 Home 2004. (downloaded ISO, mounted it, and ran it from there). Afterwards, we ran Disk Cleanup in Advanced mode and it removed most of the...
  6. Installing New SSD Questions

Installing New SSD Questions: Hello, I am installing a new SSD in my younger brothers PC and just want to make sure that I know what I am doing before I do it. Against my better judgement he bought a prebuilt PC from bestbuy that didnt come with an SSD so naturally his OS is on a HDD, my question is what...
  7. Windows new install question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows new install question: Afternoon everyone, I was wondering if someone can help me here? So basically I had a perfectly working laptop. Had a hard drive issue Replaced the hard drive Re-installed windows 10 pro (with genuine product key) Installed all drivers as it was a fresh new install...
  8. A question about installing a new videocard.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    A question about installing a new videocard.: Hi there, I ordered a geforce 1070 to replace my old 970, now I have a question. Do I install the software it came with first, then update the driver with the nvidia one after? Of course i'll uninstall the 970's driver before I put the new card in. The card I am getting has a...
  9. New 64bit clean install question

New 64bit clean install question: I would like to do a clean install on my wife's PC, going from Win 10 Pro 32bit to Win 10 Pro 64bit. However, she has multitudes of icons and software installed, making a clean install very difficult to say the least. I would like to copy her desktop, download folder,...
  10. New install - formatting questions

New install - formatting questions: Does Windows 10 give me the option of doing a full format at the time of installation? I see lots of conflicting information about quick vs full. Some say a full format doesn't write zeros. Some say it does. Some say it doesn't check and mark bad sectors. Some say it does....