Windows 10: new install with Win7 key

Discus and support new install with Win7 key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I know that you can still do a clean 10 install with a Win7 key & activate There is some question as to if that gives you a valid licence.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PCD, Apr 10, 2019.

1. PCD
    PCD Win User

new install with Win7 key

Hi
    I know that you can still do a clean 10 install with a Win7 key & activate

There is some question as to if that gives you a valid licence. Activation is not proof of a valid lic.

Reason I ask , is MS stated the the 'free upgrade' from 7 was for a specific peroid of time.
    I cant find anywhere with a definite statement from MS that upgrades (with 7 key) after that time will be classed as a vaild install & lic , or vice versa
    Does anyone have definite info , not just assumptions ? I assumed it would be a valid licence , others have claimed it isnt .

I know it works & you can do it regardless, but thats not the question *Smile
    With 7 being end of life next year, using the 7 key to upgrade to 10 would be a cheap option for small companies , if still ~legal~ to do so.

:)

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 10, 2019
  3. LeoBloom Win User
    Built new computer, running unactivated Win10 Home, have Win7 Pro key

I was initially thinking of buying a Win10 Home key, but I realized I still have a Win7 Pro key I purchased that I have never upgraded to Win10 and is not currently in use.

Two questions

• Can I use the Win7 key to activate Win10 (or is that no longer an option)
    • Will Win10 Home turn into Win10 Pro (assuming I can still use key)

LeoBloom, Apr 10, 2019
  4. new install with Win7 key

Completely Bonkers, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

new install with Win7 key

1. new install with Win7 key - Similar Threads - install Win7 key

2. Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key: I have an old computer that was running Windows 7 with an original product key, I just purchased a used laptop that is much faster than my old box had Windows 10 installed on it and would like to use my Windows 7 product key to activate Win10. I tried entering the Win7...
  3. Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key: I have an old computer that was running Windows 7 with an original product key, I just purchased a used laptop that is much faster than my old box had Windows 10 installed on it and would like to use my Windows 7 product key to activate Win10. I tried entering the Win7...
  4. Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win7 to Win10 on new hardware and a lost Win10 key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win7 to Win10 on new hardware and a lost Win10 key: Hey folks. Sorry if this has been answered before but I've been scrounging around online on and off for the last week and not found the answer to my specific question so here goes: I have a retail license for Windows 7 Home Premium which was installed on a old PC where I...
  6. Reinstall Win10 from Win7. New hard drive; microsoft won't accept Win7 key

Reinstall Win10 from Win7. New hard drive; microsoft won't accept Win7 key: Trying to reload Windows 10 Pro on machine with new hard drive but same MOBO. Win10 originally loaded via free upgrade from valid Win7 product key. Using MediaCreationTool1909.exe to download/load reload but I get an 'invalid' response after entering original Win7...
  7. Using Win10 (originally was Win7) product key for new PC installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using Win10 (originally was Win7) product key for new PC installation: Hi, like many users my laptop using a genuine Win7 product key previously was upgraded to Win10. I'm currently facing windows login issue in which i tried to repair and so but it didn't help. As my laptop is quite old, i'm planning to purchase a replacement desktop...meaning...
  8. Clean w10 installation using win7 key? (new built pc)

Clean w10 installation using win7 key? (new built pc): Hey, I'm sorry if this has been discussed, but I'm just not sure how to do a clean w10 installation using my key from windows 7. I'm upgrading my PC and I didn't create an USB with w10 installation using my windows 7, I forgot :/ I'm building a new PC now and I'd...
  9. Buying a Win7 activation key?

Buying a Win7 activation key?: Is there a way to just buy a Win7 Pro 64bit key off Microsoft's site? Or do I have to buy a physical copy? All I'm trying to do is get the free upgrade to Win10 Pro 64. If I heard right you can just put the Window 7 key in when activating Win10 now. -Thanks 45531
  10. win7 install

in Windows 10 Support
    win7 install: Tried to install win7 on a new hdd but MS claims product code invalid, still have the original box that win7 came in. Have been using win10 for the biggest part of the year---what gives,. Is it after using win10 for a while MS no longer recognizes win 7? 56641