Windows 10: New installation - all file operations painfully slow

Discus and support New installation - all file operations painfully slow in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; First time Windows 10 user here. I've made a fresh installation on a new computer, and file operations like moving, copying or moving to trash are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/brunochre, Jun 3, 2020.

1. New installation - all file operations painfully slow

First time Windows 10 user here. I've made a fresh installation on a new computer, and file operations like moving, copying or moving to trash are stupidly slow (waiting three minutes to move 20MB is not reasonable), in an SSD drive that's new and almost empty.

How can I fix this?

submitted by /u/brunochre
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/brunochre, Jun 3, 2020
  2. AlexKross Win User

painfully slow file operations on ogg and opus files

deleting/moving ogg or opus files is painfully slow, like freezing-for-a-few-minutes slow, not running slow. and it seems to be the explorer's problem because every other software works with these files just fine, import, edit, export, as usual, it's just
    the explorer that has these problems and with only these 2 types of file. weirdly enough, these problems go away when i completely disable paging but i can't just do that, it's not safe to work without paging at all.

here's the OS info

Edition : Windows 10 pro

Version : 1903

OS build : 18362.329

the music player is also default (groove music) in case it involves.

any help would be appreciated.

AlexKross, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Painfully slow

Mine's the same. Painfully slow! And no, it's not at all the gradual aging of a computer. It was super fast and responsive until the moment Windows 10 went on. Now each double click just on a folder in the file explorer takes a long time to open and respond.

Windows 10 looks shiny and new, but under the hood it's so much slower than what it replaced.

Drivers have been updated too, so any other suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks!

GrahamKell, Jun 3, 2020
  4. New installation - all file operations painfully slow

painfully slow file operations on ogg and opus files

I suggest, open Feedback Hub app and report this issue through feedback form.

Make sure attach any data or log files which could help in investigating the issue and please write down reproduce steps.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

New installation - all file operations painfully slow

1. New installation - all file operations painfully slow - Similar Threads - installation file operations

2. Painfully slow file transfers in windows 11 on fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Painfully slow file transfers in windows 11 on fresh install: Hello, I have a fresh x64 install of windows 11 2H23 using the latest build, I updated all of my drivers.For some reason file copies are REALLY REALLY slow! I copied 300gb of files from Drive D 4tb intel pcie U.2 drive should be getting around 4000mbps to drive C: 4tb SP...
  3. Painfully slow file transfers in windows 11 on fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Painfully slow file transfers in windows 11 on fresh install: Hello, I have a fresh x64 install of windows 11 2H23 using the latest build, I updated all of my drivers.For some reason file copies are REALLY REALLY slow! I copied 300gb of files from Drive D 4tb intel pcie U.2 drive should be getting around 4000mbps to drive C: 4tb SP...
  4. Windows 11 Is Painfully Slow and often won't boot at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Is Painfully Slow and often won't boot at all: I have a Ryzen 9 16 core and 128GB of RAM and it takes Windows 11 about an hour to boot my PC on a good day. I have about 50 applications installed, minimal services, malwarebytes is the only thing always on.Windows 10 took about 5 minutes, still slow but not unusable like...
  5. Windows 11 Is Painfully Slow and often won't boot at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Is Painfully Slow and often won't boot at all: I have a Ryzen 9 16 core and 128GB of RAM and it takes Windows 11 about an hour to boot my PC on a good day. I have about 50 applications installed, minimal services, malwarebytes is the only thing always on.Windows 10 took about 5 minutes, still slow but not unusable like...
  6. thumbnails painfully slow to load

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    thumbnails painfully slow to load: Hi, I bought a high powered Lenovo laptop for photo editing thinking I had all my bases covered - only to be tripped up by Windows 10 PAINFULLY slow loading and thus browsing of picture thumbnails. I have sometimes 1000s of photos in files that I need to view thumbnails of on...
  7. painfully slow file operations on ogg and opus files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    painfully slow file operations on ogg and opus files: deleting/moving ogg or opus files is painfully slow, like freezing-for-a-few-minutes slow, not running slow. and it seems to be the explorer's problem because every other software works with these files just fine, import, edit, export, as usual, it's just the explorer that...
  8. Windows Defender makes it painfully slow to access files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender makes it painfully slow to access files: I'm new to using Defender. I finally got sick of AVG and dumped it. So I have Defender enabled with real-time protection, but now accessing files is unbelievably slow. I might as well have a virus at this point. For example, I use a Nexus dock program which builds up the...
  9. SurfaceBook Painfully slow on chrome

SurfaceBook Painfully slow on chrome: Ive recently picked up a surfacebook 1 with dGPU and have noticed that compared to my old 2011 macbook pro and my friends surface2 that this surface book is extremely slow in chrome, switching tabs is very slow and loading new pages is even worse, ive noticed that its so slow...
  10. Windows 10 painfully slow

Windows 10 painfully slow: My old HP laptop running Windows 7 Pro crashed on me so I'm using my backup laptop a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series running Windows 10. It is ridiculously slow & beyond frustrating! I don't understand how a practically "new" computer (hardly ever used) is running so much slower...