Windows 10: New installation, exactly the same computer, BITLOCKER behaves differently

Discus and support New installation, exactly the same computer, BITLOCKER behaves differently in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Old installation:Bitlocker encrypted OS C-drive When the computer starts up I lock into my accountThe New Installation nothing in the BIOS was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Søren Niels, Jan 26, 2022.

1. New installation, exactly the same computer, BITLOCKER behaves differently

Old installation:Bitlocker encrypted OS C-drive When the computer starts up I lock into my accountThe New Installation nothing in the BIOS was chanced:Could not encrypted the OS-Drive - I got the message: "the startup options on this pc are configured incorrectly" Lots of trouble to get rid of that message - In a way I cannot describe, it suddenly succeeded to start encrypt the C-driveBut now I both have to type in a long Bitlocker code and the also a code to lock into windows itselvesI would like, that bitlocker behaves like the old installation, som I only should lock into windows

:)

Søren Niels, Jan 26, 2022
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Jan 26, 2022
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Jan 26, 2022
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

New installation, exactly the same computer, BITLOCKER behaves differently

Installing Bitlocker to encrypt

Hello,

To install BitLocker, your PC must satisfied system requirements. We'd like to clarify, what edition of Windows 10 do you have? In addition, you must be logged in as an admistrator and have an access to printer to print the recovery key.

If you're using Windows 10 Pro and meet the requirements, follow these steps to enable BitLocker.

• Click Start. Type Control Panel.
    • Click System and Security.
    • Click BitLocker Drive.
    • Hit Turn on BitLocker.

Looking forward to your response.

Dyan Rey, Jan 26, 2022
Thema:

New installation, exactly the same computer, BITLOCKER behaves differently

1. New installation, exactly the same computer, BITLOCKER behaves differently - Similar Threads - installation exactly same

2. I got the exact Same issue this is new

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got the exact Same issue this is new: DescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MicrosoftWindows.Client.WebExperience_423.23500.0.0_x64__cw5n1h2txyewy\Dashboard\Widgets.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: MoAppCrashPackage Full Name:...
  3. I got the exact Same issue this is new

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got the exact Same issue this is new: DescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MicrosoftWindows.Client.WebExperience_423.23500.0.0_x64__cw5n1h2txyewy\Dashboard\Widgets.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: MoAppCrashPackage Full Name:...
  4. New Computer Broke - Can I move SSD to an EXACT SAME MACHINE Exact same model and config...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Computer Broke - Can I move SSD to an EXACT SAME MACHINE Exact same model and config...: Hi,Example...water fried my 2 months old machine. I went back to the store and bought the EXACT SAME COMPUTER model sku# config...everything again :-I don't have an old fashioned HDD. I assume that I can just remove my original 1TB SSD, plug it into the new machine and it...
  5. New Computer Broke - Can I move SSD to an EXACT SAME MACHINE Exact same model and config...

New Computer Broke - Can I move SSD to an EXACT SAME MACHINE Exact same model and config...: Hi,Example...water fried my 2 months old machine. I went back to the store and bought the EXACT SAME COMPUTER model sku# config...everything again :-I don't have an old fashioned HDD. I assume that I can just remove my original 1TB SSD, plug it into the new machine and it...
  6. New installation, exactly the same computer, BITLOCKER behaves differently

New installation, exactly the same computer, BITLOCKER behaves differently: Old installation:Bitlocker encrypted OS C-drive When the computer starts up I lock into my accountThe New Installation nothing in the BIOS was chanced:Could not encrypted the OS-Drive - I got the message: "the startup options on this pc are configured incorrectly" Lots of...
  7. New installation, exactly the same computer, BITLOCKER behaves differently

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New installation, exactly the same computer, BITLOCKER behaves differently: Old installation:Bitlocker encrypted OS C-drive When the computer starts up I lock into my accountThe New Installation nothing in the BIOS was chanced:Could not encrypted the OS-Drive - I got the message: "the startup options on this pc are configured incorrectly" Lots of...
  8. Exact same .txt files looks different on different computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exact same .txt files looks different on different computers: I have a barcode scanner that saves barcodes as .txt files , which we upload to a PC. One of my drivers .txt files however are not formatted correctly, for some reason the lines are double spaced on the files she emails in. I got the scanner from her and when I open the .txt...
  9. Same computers, different updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Same computers, different updates?: I have two identical laptops running Windows 10 Pro. Both have Windows update set to defer feature and quality updates for 30 days. Both were updated to version 1909 a few weeks ago. Yesterday, both had an update labelled "2019-12 Cumulative update for .NET framework 3.5 and...
  10. Windows 10 shows different resolutions for the exact same monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 shows different resolutions for the exact same monitors: Hi guys I have 2 monitors here (Dell U2719D) Windows 10 shows the resolutions for these as different. Monitor 1 has the correct resolution at 2560 x 1440 and Monitor 2 has the incorrect resolution at 2048 x 1080 . I am unable to change the resolution of Monitor 2 in the...