Windows 10: New installation - now just need to move files back

Discus and support New installation - now just need to move files back in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello All, Hope the day is treating you well? Very quickly (I hope), a little bit of help from this great gang. Windows 10 Pro (1909 build) I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AnEnglishmanIn, Dec 3, 2019.

1. New installation - now just need to move files back

Hello All,

Hope the day is treating you well? Very quickly (I hope), a little bit of help from this great gang.

Windows 10 Pro (1909 build)

I have a new install of Windows 10 on an SSD. My 'old' C: files (Program Files, Users, etc) are now on my H: drive but I want to migrate them back onto my new C: drive but not sure how this is best achieved.

Any help would be hugely appreciated (apologies as I'm sure this has been covered previously but I cannot find exactly what I'm looking for).

Many thanks in advance and best regards

Frankfurt

:)

AnEnglishmanIn, Dec 3, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 3, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

New installation - now just need to move files back

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond New installation - now just need to move files back :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

New installation - now just need to move files back

1. New installation - now just need to move files back - Similar Threads - installation need move

2. Can't move files back in their address?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't move files back in their address?: As the title says. Updated my Windows 11, and now, if I have file a in folder b, and folder b is in folder a, I can no longer move the file directly from folder b to folder a by dragging it into folder a in the address bar. Why would this be changed? It's a massive downgrade...
  3. Can't move files back in their address?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't move files back in their address?: As the title says. Updated my Windows 11, and now, if I have file a in folder b, and folder b is in folder a, I can no longer move the file directly from folder b to folder a by dragging it into folder a in the address bar. Why would this be changed? It's a massive downgrade...
  4. I moved a file just to find it's not in the file location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I moved a file just to find it's not in the file location: I'm moving all my files so I can install a new SSD. I created one file "To Store" on my desktop with some files. I created another file "to Store" and moved it to the desktop. I looked at the desktop and found the second file isn't there. Or anywhere. What do I do? I have no...
  5. Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back: Hi Everyone,I recently tried moving all my photos to OneDrive over 50gb and the files all seem to have moved. OneDrive is trying to sync the files.However, I didn't realize that the files would be removed from my library. I want to move my photos back to my library. When I...
  6. Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back: Hi Everyone,I recently tried moving all my photos to OneDrive over 50gb and the files all seem to have moved. OneDrive is trying to sync the files.However, I didn't realize that the files would be removed from my library. I want to move my photos back to my library. When I...
  7. Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Move programs files to new install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move programs files to new install?: Long story short, I got a new SSD, but cloning failed using lots of different methods, so clean install it was. My question is, can I use like a linux live cd/dvd(so no files are open/in use), and then just copy program files, program files(x86), program data, and app...
  9. I just factory resetted, but now OneDrive put all my filed back without asking. I need...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I just factory resetted, but now OneDrive put all my filed back without asking. I need...: I factory resetted my PC, and OneDrive put my files back. Can somebody please tell me how I can remove anything OneDrive put and just make my PC clean. I did this because I thought my old PC was infected. Can somebody please help me?...
  10. Need help moving files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help moving files: Good morning, I have recently started with a new company and I need to move user network access forms into folders with their respective name. The problem is the names that are used for the files all have a different t however the naming convention. However, they all do have...