Windows 10: New installation on store bought HDD

Discus and support New installation on store bought HDD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've partitioned and formatted the HDD ntfs from the Shift F10 prompt of the media tool. however i get this error code 0x8007025D installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by stephencaraballo1, Jun 30, 2020.

1. New installation on store bought HDD

I've partitioned and formatted the HDD ntfs from the Shift F10 prompt of the media tool. however i get this error code 0x8007025D installation failure

I'm racking my brain as to why, any thoughts?

:)

stephencaraballo1, Jun 30, 2020

2. Installing a new HDD to replace a HDD of the same size that failed.

I have a Windows 10 OS installed on my C: drive. I had data stored on an HDD designated as D: drive. That second drive failed and was replaced by a new HDD. Both are the same size and type of drives, except different manufactures. The new HDD is not
    listed in File Explorer. It is listed in Computer Management under Device Manager as a Disk drive. Disk Management under Storage does not list the new HDD.

I have tested the new HDD with software downloaded from the manufacture and it has passed all tests. At least that software was able to access the new drive and perform low level tests to see if it is operational.

Looking at the events log for this HDD, I find an event warning that says "Device ... was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match." Opening up the properties indicates drivers have been installed. Reading the volume information results in: "Volume
    information for this disk cannot be found"

I suspect that the problem with the volume information is associated with the warning in the event log. I removed the HDD, restarted the PC then shut it down to start the installation process over again. No change in the event log or status of the new
    HDD. Can anyone suggest how I can get past that warning?

RonTognazzini, Jun 30, 2020
  3. bought a new replacement for my hdd

I just bought a new HDD and I'm trying to figure out how to transfer everything to the new HDD without having to buy windows. I just want to get rid of my old HDD.

ShadowShepard, Jun 30, 2020
  4. New installation on store bought HDD

Fresh Windows 10 install on new HDD

Hello,

Please refer this step-by-step guide to make clean install:

Clean Install Windows 10

Let me know if this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

New installation on store bought HDD

1. New installation on store bought HDD - Similar Threads - installation store bought

2. New HDD with new windows installation won't work without old HDD with windows installation...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New HDD with new windows installation won't work without old HDD with windows installation...: Hello, I have the same problem as JamesWesthead1 told about under this link:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-hdd-with-new-windows-installation-wont-work/963c5a00-908e-43ae-86ab-8f040cf07e43I hope that DaveM121 will help me too!I would like to know...
  3. New HDD with new windows installation won't work without old HDD with windows installation...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New HDD with new windows installation won't work without old HDD with windows installation...: Hello, I have the same problem as JamesWesthead1 told about under this link:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-hdd-with-new-windows-installation-wont-work/963c5a00-908e-43ae-86ab-8f040cf07e43I hope that DaveM121 will help me too!I would like to know...
  4. New HDD with new windows installation won't work without old HDD with windows installation...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. New HDD with new windows installation won't work without old HDD with windows installation

New HDD with new windows installation won't work without old HDD with windows installation: Hello, I got a pre-built PC with windows 10 like 4 yers ago and have changed multiple parts on it except the HDD. This HDD had was old an making noses and had to get a new HDD because my my PC wouldn't boot on the old one. So I was able to get the USB windows installer and...
  6. Fresh install on new hdd.

Fresh install on new hdd.: power went down on my old laptop with new hdd while in middle of windows10 install, tried to start install after sorting out power supply but it gets to second window and get message about restart and system exception not handled. What can i do to rectify the problem?...
  7. Windows store can't install bought game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows store can't install bought game: Hello i cannot install the game i recently bought, Astroneer. i have an exclamation mark which says when i hover over it that Astroneer does not work on this device. what can i do? did i just waste the money?...
  8. bought a new replacement for my hdd

bought a new replacement for my hdd: I just bought a new HDD and I'm trying to figure out how to transfer everything to the new HDD without having to buy windows. I just want to get rid of my old HDD....
  9. fresh install with new HDD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    fresh install with new HDD: I have upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 then did a clean install..... need ed to change the laptop HDD will I be able to do a clean install and achieve activation or is there a procedure to follow thanks 37080
  10. hdd broke, need help on installing new win10 to the new hdd

in Windows 10 Support
    hdd broke, need help on installing new win10 to the new hdd: hi, laptop's hdd broke, i put new one in but stuck on how to install win10 i found an iso version from microsoft Access Denied i downloaded it, how to make bootable usb? 72961