Windows 10: New Installation to AMD Raid Half Fails

Discus and support New Installation to AMD Raid Half Fails in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 4 ssd's all paired to first raid & then do install to win 10 but AMD bios only sees two all else sees 4. Following the tutorials I did the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Roe5685, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Roe5685 Win User

New Installation to AMD Raid Half Fails

I have 4 ssd's all paired to first raid & then do install to win 10 but AMD bios only sees two all else sees 4.

Following the tutorials I did the following on an older AMD FX-8350 processor with Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 MB:
    attempted to make a raid of all 4 but the Raid MB only see 2
    the install using a flash drive prepared from the download now a day old from the MS site went well.
    you appreciate the install saw my raid of 2 drives + the 2 I could not raid.
    The machine is now super fast and snappy about as good as an I7-6700. Thanks Forums!

Here is what I tried on the 2 Intel SSD drives that AMD Raid not see:
    diskpart and the clean command - nothing else in diskpart.
    used windows diskmanagement , put them to GPT and formatted them to NTFS.
    the final windows 10 sees them as empty drives and they seem fine the only issue is AMD raid not see them.

What to do?

:)

Roe5685, Jan 10, 2016

2. Windows 10 crashes and freezes

Download and update the AMD Chipset drivers version 15.7.1:

Download nicht abgeschlossen

Package Includes:

AMD Chipset Drivers

AMD AHCI Driver

AMD USB 3.0 Driver

AMD SB7xx RAID Drivers

AMD SB8xx RAID Drivers

AMD SB9xx RAID Drivers

AMD A-Series APU Chipset RAID Drivers

AMD E-Series APU Chipset RAID Drivers​

Gerry C J Cornell, Jan 10, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Recovery does not use Raid driver?

I recently clean installed Windows 10 Pro x64 Edition to an asus board. It uses the AMD 990fx chipset. I loaded the raid drivers during setup, but the recovery (WinRE) does not see the raid 5 drive. The system starts perfectly, but it does not repair correctly
    in the recovery options!

Please fix the issue Microsoft! And cannot use the installation dvd recovery either. Please install the default raid drivers from AMD into your images!

Please advise in a solution

KaosMaster, Jan 10, 2016
  4. Roe5685 Win User

New info is I bought two more ssd drives. The raid configuration facility saw these so It now saw 4 out of the six drives.
    I was able to make a raid 0 out of the 2 original ( of the original 4 ) + the two drives just purchased.
    So I have my 4 member SSD drive.

Roe5685, Jan 12, 2016
  5. Roe5685 Win User
    The end result was that the two intel ssd's that raid set up did not see but everything else saw and they were usable were defective.
    I got my AMD Computer up and running by taking the two faulty SSD's out and putting in two new Intel SSDs to make the quadric raid.
    I then took the two faulty SSD's to an Intel machine and was able to create a windows 10 installation using them as a raid pair.
    HOWEVER the machine would do little more than boot up and would then crash proving the SSDs were defective.
    The conclusion is that SSDs may appear to work but with AMD you cannot make a raid and in Intel you cannot make a usable Win10 installation on them.
    This has been marked solved.

Roe5685, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New Installation to AMD Raid Half Fails - Similar Threads - Installation AMD Raid

2. creating Raid 0 fails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    creating Raid 0 fails: I have 24 HDD. This holiday season, I received four Seagate Exos enterprise X16 16 TB HDD. They connected to my motherboard using SAS . When I try to create a stripped raid with just 2 HDD, Disk Management FAILS. Same result for a two disk pool using Storage Spaces. Help!...
  3. Installing RAID

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing RAID: My Windows 10 desktop tower PC has a 1 TB Toshiba HDD installed. I'd like to install a second 1 TB HDD for a RAID configuration mirroring. I have two 1 TB internal HDDs available. Both are Western Digital drives. Would Windows 10 be able to use one of them as the second RAID...
  4. AMD Raid Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    AMD Raid Issue: I have a laptop that came to my shop and the customer wanted to get it updated to the latest version of windows. Well, windows update didn't like the driver version. It was saying it was an AMD raid driver. It has an Intel i7 8th gen. I ran the AMD driver tool, but it...
  5. AMD-RAID KXG50ZNV512G Windows 1903 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    AMD-RAID KXG50ZNV512G Windows 1903 update: AMD-RAID KXG50ZNV512G driver no compatible with 1903 update, need compatible driver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-raid-kxg50znv512g-windows-1903-update/7a998c5a-d135-4844-b1f3-bcc94fa3da53
  6. New Windows install on SSD - Raid HDD Question

New Windows install on SSD - Raid HDD Question: Hi, I had an issue with my boot drive in Windows 10 which ultimately resulted in me having to format and re-install windows on my SSD. Before doing so I unplugged my 3 HDD which are configured in a RAID configuration. Because the OS was on the SSD, I didnt want to have any...
  7. Cloning a Windows installation (RAID 0) to single SSD (non-RAID) fails

Cloning a Windows installation (RAID 0) to single SSD (non-RAID) fails: Hi All, I've got a Windows 10 Home install running on a pair of 120GB SSDs running in RAID 0 (striped) - seemed like a good idea at the time.....ho-hum.... :/ Have now run out of space and want to move to a bigger (single) SSD. I used Macrium Reflect to clone the partitions...
  8. Windows 10 Install - AMD NVMe RAID drivers

Windows 10 Install - AMD NVMe RAID drivers: I am having issue with getting my NVMe RAID 0 array in Windows 10 install even though I am loading the driver. The RAID 0 consists of 2 Samsung 970 PRO 512 GB NVMe drives, mounted on a Zenith Extreme motherboard flashed with the latest BIOS firmware. Used the latest download...
  9. Recreating RAID 5 Array AMD

Recreating RAID 5 Array AMD: I updated to Windows 10 Pro with a clean install and had issues with my RAID array showing up as raw format. I was able to take a backup of it from my W7 drive then rebooted into W10 deleted the array in Disk Management, deleted the array in the controller BIOS and then...
  10. AMD driver installation failing

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD driver installation failing: Hey guys, whenever I try to install the AMD drivers either via running the installer or auto detect, in the end I'm getting a message saying files did not install and to check the log file. I've got an Asus r9 280x. Control panel says "microsoft basic display adapter" under...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amd x399 raid nvme drivers for windows install raid_bottom