Windows 10: New Intel chip function ..?

Discus and support New Intel chip function ..? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All . I just notice there is an app/or Intel drive call Wake-On-Voice in my laptop , But my Processor is Intel Broadwell core i5-5200u , not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RonCFL, May 21, 2016.

1. RonCFL Win User

New Intel chip function ..?

Hi All .
    I just notice there is an app/or Intel drive call Wake-On-Voice in my laptop ,
    But my Processor is
    Intel Broadwell core i5-5200u , not Skylake .. ??

I don't know how to set it up either .
    Any idea ..?

Thanks .

:)

RonCFL, May 21, 2016

2. why is the N97 processor underclocked?

The chip wont toast itself, but the heat generated could toast the GPS receiver chip, or the bluetooth and wifi receivers, or the board connections...I dont mean the chip itself. When you handle these kinds of stuff, you dont consider the chip alone. The
    phone also has no cooling system.

For a more blatant analogy, take the 2007-2008 HP, Dell and Tosh laptops that were recalled. The new chips released by Intel at that time caused the nvidia chips to melt due to heat.

chanchan05, May 21, 2016
  3. Drivers for Windows 10

My Windows 10 - 64 bit will not update any of the Intel chip set drivers on my Acer Aspire TC-710 Apparently these are custom Intel chip sets which are not available or compatible with Intel's common chips and a computer trouble update driver shooter does
    not turn up anything. Can anyone advise how to get these Intel updates?

Thanks

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category. ***

Dave Porter 2016, May 21, 2016
  4. pbcopter Win User

Unfortunately you won't be able to take advantage of that function unless you have a Skylake version processor.

pbcopter, May 21, 2016
  5. RonCFL Win User
    I know ... It's weird though ..
    Some how last Intel update came with that ..
    Well, I leave it alone for now ..
    Thanks Pro.

RonCFL, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New Intel chip function ..? - Similar Threads - Intel chip function

2. Intel is spending $20 billion to build two new chip plants in Arizona

in Windows 10 News
    Intel is spending $20 billion to build two new chip plants in Arizona: Intel is Spending $20 Billion to Build Two New Chip Plants in Arizona [img] Intel announced on Tuesday that it will spend $20 billion to build two new chip factories, called fabs, in Ocotillo, Arizona. Intel stock rose as much as 5% on the news in extended trading on...
  3. Intel Bluetooth not functional

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Bluetooth not functional: Hi! I have seem to run into some issues with my Compute Stick m3, and W10 (2004). On the stick there is an Intel Wireless-AC 8260 + Bluetooth 4.2 hardware available. It was working fine until few days ago. After updating W10 I got some crashes on shutdown related to...
  4. Intel Unveils New Tools in Its Advanced Chip Packaging Toolbox

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Unveils New Tools in Its Advanced Chip Packaging Toolbox: What’s New: This week at SEMICON West in San Francisco, Intel engineering leaders provided an update on Intel’s advanced packaging capabilities and unveiled new building blocks, including innovative uses of EMIB and Foveros together and a new Omni-Directional Interconnect...
  5. All Intel chips open to new Spoiler non-Spectre attack

in Windows 10 News
    All Intel chips open to new Spoiler non-Spectre attack: Researchers have discovered a new flaw affecting all Intel chips due to the way they carry out speculative execution for CPU performance gains. Like the Spectre and Meltdown attacks revealed in January 2018, Spoiler also abuses speculative execution in Intel chips to leak...
  6. Intel Chip Set & Intel Management Engine Help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Chip Set & Intel Management Engine Help: Hello as Question title says. I'm having difficulty finding the drivers on the Intel website Support and Drivers menu. Drivers needed: Intel Chipset & Intel Management Engine Im using a Z170 motherboard with an I7 6700K. OS Windows 10 64Bit home edition. Any help...
  7. Intel chips with built-in Meltdown and Spectre protections later 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Intel chips with built-in Meltdown and Spectre protections later 2018: Intel expects to begin shipping its first chips with built-in protection against the Meltdown and Spectre attacks later this year, company CEO Brian Krzanich said Wednesday. The company has "assigned some of our very best minds" to work on addressing the vulnerability...
  8. Intel reveals Ice Lake 10nm+ chip

in Windows 10 News
    Intel reveals Ice Lake 10nm+ chip: In an unusual move for Intel, the chip giant has ever so slightly taken the wraps off of one of their future generation Core architectures. Basic information on the Ice Lake architecture has been published over on Intel's codename decoder, officially confirming for the first...
  9. Intel Delivers 17-Qubit Superconducting Chip with Advanced Packaging

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Delivers 17-Qubit Superconducting Chip with Advanced Packaging: Today, Intel announced the delivery of a 17-qubit superconducting test chip for quantum computing to QuTech, Intel’s quantum research partner in the Netherlands. The new chip was fabricated by Intel and features a unique design to achieve improved yield and performance....
  10. Intel New Self-Learning Chip Promises to Accelerate AI

in Windows 10 News
    Intel New Self-Learning Chip Promises to Accelerate AI: Intel Introduces First-of-Its-Kind Self-Learning Chip: Loihi Neuromorphic Test Chip [img] Imagine a future where complex decisions could be made faster and adapt over time. Where societal and industrial problems can be autonomously solved using learned...