Windows 10: New Intel Core i9 X-Series Processors

Discus and support New Intel Core i9 X-Series Processors in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; More Data Requires More Power; Intel Introduces New 4-18 Core SKUs, Intel Core i9 and its First Teraflop Desktop CPUs As I take the stage in Taipei... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 29, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

New Intel Core i9 X-Series Processors

Source: New Intel Core X-Series Processors: Scale, Accessibility and Performance Go Extreme

See also:
    Intel's Core i9 and Skylake-X parts deliver up to 18 cores on the desktop | PC Gamer

Brink, May 29, 2017

2. - what mobo could best handle the 18-core monster, I wonder.. (?)

:)

BugMeister, May 30, 2017
  3. manojrao Win User
    when intel® Iris™, Iris™ Pro, and HD Graphics Production Driver for Windows® 10 32-bit update will be released by microsoft, intel assure that will be done by microsoft??

Intel® HD Graphics Production Driver for Windows* 10 32-bit (N-Series)

(Which file should I download?) Available Downloads

htt://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

Detailed Description

An Intel Graphics Beta driver for Windows*10 can be found in Windows Update. Please run Windows Update from within Windows or visit Microsoft’s
    Windows Update Web site.

Windows Update is included in the Windows Control Panel. To check for updates within Windows, Click the
    Start button, click All Programs, and then click
    Windows Update.

This download is valid for the product(s) listed below.

manojrao, May 30, 2017
  4. NikosDi Win User

NikosDi, May 30, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    Is this bringing us closer to 128-bit computing?

Berton, May 30, 2017
  6. eLPuSHeR Win User
    I have read elsewhere that Intel may be aiming those i9 series to the enthusiast/gaming segment. I don't get it. More cores doesn't translate to better gaming so far.

eLPuSHeR, May 30, 2017
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Ummmm??
    When playing, and streaming the game, and recording, plus rendering it(like many gaming YouTubers need to do), all at the same time, then it does*Wink

Cliff S, May 30, 2017
  8. Stephanie Win User

I read online the new i9 could cost 2000 USD = 1233.4 GBP

Stephanie, May 30, 2017
  9. essenbe Win User
    The top one with 18 cores and 36 threads is supposed to cost that, but there are a lot of other variants of the i9 that are more reasonably priced. There are not a lot of people who would need 18 cores, but some of the 6 and 8 core models are very reasonable considering what they have cost in years past.

essenbe, May 30, 2017
  10. Stephanie Win User
    Thank you Steve that is good news *Smile

Stephanie, May 30, 2017
  11. essenbe Win User
    @Stephanie, the CPU I have now is 6 cores/12 threads. When I bought it I paid about $585, as I recall. The i9 model with 6 cores and 12 threads is reported to cost $389. I am sure the i9 ones will also have better IPC and higher speeds too, not to speak of the improvements that will come with the newer chipset, just to give you an idea.

essenbe, May 30, 2017
  12. Stephanie Win User
    Thank you Steve, I will be keeping watch on Intel as to my next build *Smile

Stephanie, May 30, 2017
  13. essenbe Win User

More cores doesn't hurt gaming either, contrary to what a lot of reviewers say. Plus some game developers are writing games to be more able to take advantage of more cores. Plus most gamers do other things with their computers other than just game. Some even do both at the same time. I think the emphasis is on the newer technologies coupled with the computing power can open up a lot of options that weren't there before.
    But no, I don't think they can be marketed as strictly gaming CPUs.

essenbe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. New Intel Core i9 X-Series Processors - Similar Threads - Intel Core Series

2. Intel® Core™ i9-10850K Processor Technical Specification

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel® Core™ i9-10850K Processor Technical Specification: Technical Specifications Essentials Vertical Segment Desktop Product Collection 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i9 Processors Processor Number interpreting Intel® processor numbers or Intel® processor numbers for the Data Center." data-html="true" data-original-title=""...
  3. New Intel Xeon W-2200 and X-series processors available in November

in Windows 10 News
    New Intel Xeon W-2200 and X-series processors available in November: Latest Workstation and High-End Desktop Platforms Purpose-Built for Professional Content Creators and Desktop Enthusiasts NEWS HIGHLIGHTS Intel announces the newest generation of Intel® Xeon® W-2200 and X-series platforms, targeting availability in November. With both...
  4. New 9th Gen Intel Core i9 mobile H-series CPUs up to 5 Ghz and 8 core

in Windows 10 News
    New 9th Gen Intel Core i9 mobile H-series CPUs up to 5 Ghz and 8 core: [ATTACH] What’s New: Today, Intel launched the most powerful generation of Intel® Core™ mobile processors ever: the new 9th Gen Intel® Core™ mobile H-series processors, designed for gamers and creators who want to push their experience to the next level. “Our new 9th Gen...
  5. New 9th Gen Intel Core i9 mobile H-series CPU up to 5 Ghz and 8 core

in Windows 10 News
    New 9th Gen Intel Core i9 mobile H-series CPU up to 5 Ghz and 8 core: [ATTACH] What’s New: Today, Intel launched the most powerful generation of Intel® Core™ mobile processors ever: the new 9th Gen Intel® Core™ mobile H-series processors, designed for gamers and creators who want to push their experience to the next level. “Our new 9th Gen...
  6. Intel Announces New 9th Gen Intel Core i9-9900K

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Announces New 9th Gen Intel Core i9-9900K: Intel Unveils Full Desktop Product Lineup for Gaming and Content Creation, Including New 9th Gen Intel Core and Intel Core X-series Processors NEWS HIGHLIGHTS Debuts 9th Gen Intel® Core™ desktop processors, including the Intel Core i9-9900K processor, the world’s best...
  7. Intel Core X-series Extreme 14, 16, 18-core Processors now available

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Core X-series Extreme 14, 16, 18-core Processors now available: Intel is announcing the availability of its 14-, 16- and 18-core processors – Intel® Core™ i9-7940X, Intel® Core™ i9-7960X and Intel® Core™ i9-7980XE processors – which begin shipping to ecosystem customers today. This final piece of the puzzle rounds out the availability of...
  8. Intel Unveils Full Intel Core X-series Processor Family Specs

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Unveils Full Intel Core X-series Processor Family Specs: Today, Intel is releasing the specifications for the 12- to 18-core processors: Intel® Core™ i9-7920X, Intel Core i9-7940X, Intel Core i9-7960X and the Extreme Edition Intel Core i9-7980XE processors. Announced at Computex 2017, the Intel Core X-series processor family is the...
  9. New 8th Gen Intel Core i9, i7 and i5 Processors Come to Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    New 8th Gen Intel Core i9, i7 and i5 Processors Come to Mobile: Today at a global event in Beijing, Intel unveiled the first ever Intel® Core™ i9 processor for laptops. Part of the new lineup of high-performance mobile products unveiled, the powerful 8th Gen Intel Core i9 processor is the highest-performance laptop processor Intel has...
  10. Leaked line-up of Intel Core i9

in Windows 10 News
    Leaked line-up of Intel Core i9: A leaked slide suggests that Intel is gearing up to release a 12-core desktop processor as part of a new Core i9 release. But does anyone really need 12 cores on the desktop? Or, more importantly, will people pay for 12 cores? Here's what the leaked line-up is rumored...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why do`s Intel Core i7 show up when i have i9 7940X win10