Windows 10: New Intel drivers to solve Surface Pro 4 sleep power consumption issue

Discus and support New Intel drivers to solve Surface Pro 4 sleep power consumption issue in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Users of the Surface Pro 4 may get some relief today as Intel's latest driver update (15.40.14.32.4352) appears to address the notorious issue of high... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

New Intel drivers to solve Surface Pro 4 sleep power consumption issue

Read more: New Intel drivers appear to solve Surface Pro 4 sleep power consumption issue

:)

Brink, Jan 18, 2016

2. Battery drained in sleep mode in Windows 10

I recently purchased a Surface Pro 4 laptop (Windows 10).

Whenever I keep my laptop in sleep mode for a few hours, it drains my laptop battery.

I use my Surface pro 4 for business and I need the sleep mode to by operational.

I hope Microsoft will solve this issue soon.

Thank you.

RenaudREQUISTON, Jan 18, 2016
  3. Windows 10 having sleep problems on 3 out of 4 machines upgraded

I upgraded 4 machines in my home network last week to Windows 10. 3 of them will not sleep/wakeup correctly.

1 BRIX 47770R - Upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro, no problems.

2 Surface Pro 3 (in docking station) - Upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro. Goes to sleep fine, refuses to wakeup. Have to power down power up.

3 Sony VAIO Laptop - Upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro. Goes to sleep, refuses to wakeup. Also refuses to power down, have to unplug from power, unplug battery, plug back in before I can power4 up.

4 Customized PC, ASUS motherboard, Intel i7-4700, AMD 290 (?) video card, upgraded from Windows 7 Pro, performs a restart when the sleep operation is triggered.

All of these were working perfectly before the upgrade

I'd very much like some advice/help on this. I'm particularly pissed about the Surface Pro 3 not working.

TomTiddler167, Jan 18, 2016
  4. PJLLB Win User

Still waiting for this to show up on 1/19/2016 in Windows Update as suggested it should by some web sites/blogs. It should apply to the Surface Book also if this indeed corrects the battery drain during sleep.
    I've just been shutting down my SP4 instead of sleeping or hibernating. It literally takes 8-9 seconds to boot so the impact is minimally inconvenient.

PJLLB, Jan 18, 2016
  5. PJLLB Win User
    Now it's 1/21/2016 and still no update. It's clear the source(s) of this postulated update on 1/19/2016 is(are) not reliable.

PJLLB, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. New Intel drivers to solve Surface Pro 4 sleep power consumption issue - Similar Threads - Intel drivers solve

2. Surface Pro 4 Battery issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Pro 4 Battery issues: I decided to charge the battery with the charger that came with the surafce. Unfortunately,despite having power through the charger and the charger looking as good as new, with no damage seen and the white light being on the side port. The battery is not charging or holding...
  3. Surface pro 4 issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface pro 4 issues: My computer keeps switching rapidly between tablet mode and desktop. I cant click or touch anything in time for it to load, as it has already switched again. I tried hard Resets, but they ran into a blue error page, then restarted instead.does anybody know what to do? I need...
  4. New Surface Pro 4 Drivers Update for Windows 10 - Nov. 15 Surface

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Pro 4 Drivers Update for Windows 10 - Nov. 15 Surface: Improvements and fixes in the update The following updates are available as a "Gradual Roll-out" for all Surface Pro 4 devices running Windows 10 May 2019 Update, version 1903 or greater: Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. –...
  5. Surface Pro 4 mouse issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 4 mouse issues: Recently my mouse stops working if I touch my Surface Pro 4 screen. Is this a known problem and is there a fix? Has only happened since the last couple of updates....
  6. Surface Pro 4 sleeping while using (Sleep is OFF)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Pro 4 sleeping while using (Sleep is OFF): So i just got my Surface Pro 4 replaced under warranty. I take my replacement out of the box, excited to finally have it back. (It had been broken for a couple of months before I realised it was still under warranty.) So as I boot it up, get through the setup, and start...
  7. New Intel Graphics Driver Update for Surface Pro 4 - November 27, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    New Intel Graphics Driver Update for Surface Pro 4 - November 27, 2018: The following updates are available for all Surface Pro 4 devices on Windows 10 April 2018 Update, version 1803 or greater: Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Intel Corporation – Display – 24.20.100.6299 Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 – Display adapters...
  8. Camera issue on Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera issue on Surface Pro 4: Sometime in the last couple of weeks, the camera on my Surface Pro 4 has stopped working. When I try to snap a picture, I get the error 0xa00F4292, PhotoCaptureStartTimeout and no photo is taken. What I have tried: uninstall/reinstall camera, update drivers (none found),...
  9. Surface Pro 4 Driver updates

Surface Pro 4 Driver updates: Surface Pro 4 Intel Driver updates.. 99828
  10. Power consumption issue with TP

Power consumption issue with TP: Hello, I noticed a shorter battery life with the TP Since my computer runs heavy tasks I'm checking T° and power usage. Compared to Win 8.1 I also noticed an higher power consumption when idle (3,5W min with the TP, 2,3W on 8.1), data observed with Core Temp. Someone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 15.40.14.32.4352 sleep