Windows 10: New-ish PC having BSOD and hard-reset crashes

Discus and support New-ish PC having BSOD and hard-reset crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Less than 3 months old PC started crashing in the past 2-3 days. more so today than anything else. I have a MEMORY.DMP file as a result of the crashes,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Squirrelsht, Apr 13, 2021.

1. New-ish PC having BSOD and hard-reset crashes

Less than 3 months old PC started crashing in the past 2-3 days. more so today than anything else. I have a MEMORY.DMP file as a result of the crashes, and my limited knowledge of what I'm looking at leads me to believe it is a driver issue. But I can't be certain, I need some help trying to fix this issue.

:)

Squirrelsht, Apr 13, 2021
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Apr 13, 2021
  3. axe0 Win User
    Random hard resets with no errors, pop-ups, or bsod.

No record of new BSOD's
    What kind of a crash was it?
    • BSOD Crash
    • Sudden restart/shutdown crash
    • Freeze crash

4. EarthDog Win User

New-ish PC having BSOD and hard-reset crashes

1070 Overheat Crash x(

Yes try it again... lol... we were waiting for that!

You have steps listed....try to find a another pc to try...try to reset the bios and see if that for some reason would help. But yes, try putting it back in. If not, id say rma time.

EarthDog, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

New-ish PC having BSOD and hard-reset crashes

1. New-ish PC having BSOD and hard-reset crashes - Similar Threads - ish having BSOD

2. PC hard freezes on reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC hard freezes on reset: I've been having Driver issues lately so i figured the best way to fix it was a windows reset. The process goes fine up until i reach the actually Resetting page where it just freezes at 12% - 16% and even the loading symbol freezes too. Would really appriciate the help....
  3. New PC frequently crashing, usually with BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New PC frequently crashing, usually with BSOD: I just bought a new Asus gaming PC a little over a month ago and since day one I've been getting frequent crashes. Usually, these crashes are accompanied by a blue screen error message, but not always. The crashes happen while doing anything from browsing the internet to...
  4. PC Randomly Freezes. have to hard reboot, no bsod

PC Randomly Freezes. have to hard reboot, no bsod: Specs: CPU: i7-3770 GPU: ASUS rog strix 2060 super RAM: 16GB PSU: Corsair VS650 SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB HD: 1TB WD Blue + Old 500GB Drive The PC randomly freezes, even when not in use, recently happens almost daily. keyboard+mouse become unresponsive, display is "stuck"...
  5. BSOD my new PC keeps crashing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD my new PC keeps crashing.: BSOD my new PC keeps crashing. One of the crashes caused repair tool to bring me back from a restore point and seems it removed older minidump files. Please help. One BSOD refers toclipsp.sys and other to Page Fault In Nonpaged Area. Already did a Checkdisk and memory test...
  6. New PC crashing, no BSOD

New PC crashing, no BSOD: I just finished building this PC, and it runs fine most of the time. However, seemingly at random the screen will freeze, followed by loss of video output. I then have to long-press the power button to restart. Any help with diagnosing this issue would be much appreciated!...
  7. BSOD - New PC, Bug Report Crash

BSOD - New PC, Bug Report Crash: Access to my DMP files, https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhpiBFniumtTh2lVTdNJT9h94sbI?e=wSt1pW Information about my 1 week old PC https://valid.x86.fr/wxibtk Nothing is overclocked. I'd like to know what may be wrong and how to fix it. I have made sure all drivers are up to date as...
  8. Having trouble resetting my PC Hard Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Having trouble resetting my PC Hard Reset: Hi! I am having trouble resetting my windows PC. Every time I have attempted to do a reset I have gotten the message "There was a problem resetting your PC, no changes were made." I tried the resetting it four times in a row and I keep getting the same message. I than...
  9. Constant blue screens/hard resets for new PC

Constant blue screens/hard resets for new PC: This is a newly built computer and I upgraded to Win 10 from my retail copy of Win 7. I got random BSOD like every hour, with no clues.... Thing seems get worse after my installation of the game Division, not sure if it s related. I have formatted the machine and...
  10. BSOD, but mostly hard crashes

BSOD, but mostly hard crashes: I'm getting frequent hard crashes while running games fullscreen, with the occasional BSOD. I removed Kaspersky, thinking it could be the cause, run sfc /scannow, tried different video drivers, etc. I even rolled back to a time before the crashes were happening, but they...