Windows 10: New ISP, cannot change account settings because I cannot get verification emails.

Discus and support New ISP, cannot change account settings because I cannot get verification emails. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I keep getting “account problem” messages on my PC from MS. I can log into my PC, but I cannot change or verify my account settings with MS because my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bidens1117, Jan 8, 2020.

1. New ISP, cannot change account settings because I cannot get verification emails.

I keep getting “account problem” messages on my PC from MS. I can log into my PC, but I cannot change or verify my account settings with MS because my ISP has changed and I no longer get emails that are needed to verify the changes. Is this something I can fix or do I need to call MS and talk to a human? I cannot change the email because it wants to send verifications to the old address first. Catch 22.

:)

Bidens1117, Jan 8, 2020

2. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Jan 8, 2020
  3. email account hacked. please help

Then I suggest you use it.

TheMailMan78, Jan 8, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

New ISP, cannot change account settings because I cannot get verification emails.

New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Brink, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

New ISP, cannot change account settings because I cannot get verification emails.

1. New ISP, cannot change account settings because I cannot get verification emails. - Similar Threads - ISP cannot change

2. Cannot get Verification Email for my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get Verification Email for my account: I have been attempting to change my personal information on my Live.Account, but it requires me to verify my Email to do so....Unfortunately, as is to be expected from Microsoft, it will never send the Email that contains the Code to me. This is not an official paid Microsoft...
  3. Cannot get Verification Email for my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get Verification Email for my account: I have been attempting to change my personal information on my Live.Account, but it requires me to verify my Email to do so....Unfortunately, as is to be expected from Microsoft, it will never send the Email that contains the Code to me. This is not an official paid Microsoft...
  4. Cannot change email after getting back my account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change email after getting back my account.: I noticed the email linked to my Microsoft account and my password had been changed. So I filled out the forms to prove my ownership of the account and later got back into my account and changed my password. However, I was not allowed to remove/change the email linked to my...
  5. Cannot change email after getting back my account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot change email after getting back my account.: I noticed the email linked to my Microsoft account and my password had been changed. So I filled out the forms to prove my ownership of the account and later got back into my account and changed my password. However, I was not allowed to remove/change the email linked to my...
  6. Cannot get verification code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get verification code: i need to unlock my microsoft account and i cannot retrive the code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-verification-code/86c25e03-6fc2-43a2-88ce-b23433cd7a9c
  7. Cannot get verification code

Cannot get verification code: i need to unlock my microsoft account and i cannot retrive the code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-verification-code/86c25e03-6fc2-43a2-88ce-b23433cd7a9c
  8. Cannot get verification code

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. cannot receive email verification code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot receive email verification code: I found that my pc requires a bitlocker recovery this morning. However, when I try to sign in to get the key, I found that my original email cannot receive the verification code anymore. I think that’s because my edu email changes to an alumni one. I try to replace the email...
  10. cannot receive email verification code

cannot receive email verification code: I found that my pc requires a bitlocker recovery this morning. However, when I try to sign in to get the key, I found that my original email cannot receive the verification code anymore. I think that’s because my edu email changes to an alumni one. I try to replace the email...