Windows 10: New issues reportedly discovered in Windows 10 October 2018 Update

Discus and support New issues reportedly discovered in Windows 10 October 2018 Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Back in 2015 when Microsoft unveiled Windows 10, the company announced that it would release major updates twice a year. The year 2018 was quite a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jan 2, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

New issues reportedly discovered in Windows 10 October 2018 Update

Back in 2015 when Microsoft unveiled Windows 10, the company announced that it would release major updates twice a year. The year 2018 was quite a troublesome period for Microsoft’s Windows as a Service concept. Previously because of automatic file deletion issue with the October 2018 update(1809), Microsoft rolled back the update and after fixing that issue the update was re-released in November 2018.

Now according to multiple reports, two new issues are found in the Windows 10 version 1809. The users are reporting issues with invalidation of built-in administrator and FLAC implementation in Windows 10.

Invalidation of built-in administrator:

The built-in administrator will be invalidated if the following two conditions are reported:

• The built-in administrator account is valid
    • The other accounts that have the administrator permission

In a blog post, Microsoft has confirmed the issue and the company has promised that a patch with fixes will be delivered in late January 2019.

They also requested users to sign in with the user administrative privileges other than the built-in administrator if the anyone wants to upgrade before the release of the patch.

If the PC has already been upgraded to the latest version and the built-in administrator is invalidated, the user will be signed in with administrator privileges other than the built-in administrator. In this case, Microsoft is recommending manual activation of the built-in administrator.

FLAC support issue

Windows 10 offers a full quality of uncompressed music play with the native FLAC support, but in the October 2018 update (1809), the FLAC implementation is broken. Because of this, the music meta-data are getting decollated. So the long names of music tracks and other music details are getting cut off. It is to be noted that after April 2018 update (1803), users were not able to rate the music and edit music meta-data.

The more frustrating part of this issue is when the tracks are arranged in a playlist, the music player will skip the first minute of the track and short tracks will be skipped totally. This happens in both Groove Music and Windows Media Player.

However it is not listed in known Windows 10 October update issues’ list, but Microsoft is aware of this issue as they have mentioned this in the upcoming 19H1 build note.

Now FLAC is not the most popular music format and with the increase of music streaming services, very few users are actually using it. But the bugs in the very basic Windows systems indicates the poor quality control of Windows 10 updates these days.

We can hope that Microsoft will fix those bugs as soon as possible because very soon the October update will be getting pushed to all Windows users.

The post New issues reportedly discovered in Windows 10 October 2018 Update appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jan 2, 2019
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Jan 2, 2019
  3. LEOPEVA64 Win User
    LEOPEVA64, Jan 2, 2019
  4. New issues reportedly discovered in Windows 10 October 2018 Update

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

New issues reportedly discovered in Windows 10 October 2018 Update

1. New issues reportedly discovered in Windows 10 October 2018 Update - Similar Threads - issues reportedly discovered

2. windows 10 october 2018 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 october 2018 update: to the mother **** of Windows. I have two computer down because your stupid update and no solution out available when google it or coming to negligent support **** page. since november I am without computers thanks to the mother **** and the Smart idiots of Microsoft. you...
  3. Windows 10 October 2018 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update: Windows 10 October 2018 Update was installed - cannot now open "settings" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-october-2018-update/f6308891-f012-4f0d-a3d8-a3e5009feda3
  4. October 2018 Update: Admin Issues

October 2018 Update: Admin Issues: Please help. My PC had a BSOD sometime during November 2018 (randomly) and once it restarted, it logged into a new user and my default user was not logging in. My Microsoft account is what I use to log into my PC (which is fine), the only difference is that it goes to...
  5. Windows 10 October 2018 Update

Windows 10 October 2018 Update: I have really bad network, so I cant install directly. can I download Windows 10 October 2018 Update ISO and install that via USB or DVD ? how to do that ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-october-2018-update/f81609b8-ec1a-4328-b407-d998d0c8ddc4
  6. More devices will reportedly receive Windows 10 October 2018 Update

in Windows 10 News
    More devices will reportedly receive Windows 10 October 2018 Update: Windows 10 version 1809 was originally announced in October but Microsoft pulled it after some users reported unexpected issues. Microsoft finally addressed the all known issues and re-released the October update to the consumers in November. In December, Microsoft made...
  7. Windows 10 October 2018 Update rollout reportedly resumes soon

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update rollout reportedly resumes soon: On Tuesday (November 13), Microsoft will begin rolling out the Windows 10’s November 2018 cumulative updates and there is a chance that the October 2018 Update will get re-released as well. The Patch Tuesday is a pretty good day to resume the push of Windows 10 version 1809...
  8. Windows 10 October 2018 update.

Windows 10 October 2018 update.: I am eagerly waiting for the new windows update, I checked windows update and also clicked on "check for updates" button, but there were no new updates, a news had came that Microsoft released that update on 9th October, but its already 19, Is my device ineligible? How do I...
  9. Windows 10 October 2018 Update v1809 – Problems and Issues being reported

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update v1809 – Problems and Issues being reported: [ATTACH] Microsoft has started rolling out Windows 10 v1809 October 2018 Update for all Windows users, and if you are planning to update, make sure to take a backup of all your files before you actually hit that Install button. As with [...] This post Windows 10 October 2018...
  10. windows 10 october update 2018

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 october update 2018: hi joydeep sir what bug fixes included in this update for windows 10 october 1809 and aslo what features included. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-october-update-2018/9b39add1-fba9-40d1-8693-31aaf4cc4c1b