Windows 10: New-Item : Access to the path 'C:\temp' is denied.

Discus and support New-Item : Access to the path 'C:\temp' is denied. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to write a short script that creates a text file using the logged in user's name and I am getting an access denied error and I cannot figure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jay Becker, May 13, 2021.

1. New-Item : Access to the path 'C:\temp' is denied.

I'm trying to write a short script that creates a text file using the logged in user's name and I am getting an access denied error and I cannot figure out why. I have checked and everyone has read/write permissions.PS C:\> $Name = $env:USERNAME.TrimStart0,7 Convert-String -Example "John.Smith = John Smith"New-Item -Force -Path 'C:\TempFolder' -ItemType file -Name $Name New-Item : Access to the path 'C:\TempFolder' is denied.At line:2 char:1+&n

:)

Jay Becker, May 13, 2021

2. Access to the path 'C:\Users\bob\Documents\3DMark 11' is denied.

Access to the path 'C:\Users\bob\Documents\3DMark 11' is denied.

laforcerobert, May 13, 2021
  3. kkorotev Win User
    Access Denied

EDIT: Here's a solution...
    Launch the shortcuts via CMD:

1. Right-click the shortcut to Properties
    2. Click Change Icon, then click OK when its window pops up (necessary step to avoid losing the icon)
    3. Add the following, plus a space, to the beginning of the Target field, leaving the existing path at the end:
      Code:
      Code:
      cmd /c start ""

I do this and the shortcut opens the command window

kkorotev, May 13, 2021
  4. Paola Gar Win User

New-Item : Access to the path 'C:\temp' is denied.

c-drive not accessible, access denied

Hi,

To better understand the issue, we'd like to get the following information:

• How are you trying to access (CNew-Item : Access to the path 'C:\temp' is denied. :) Drive?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • If possible, kindly send us a screenshot of the complete error message you're getting.

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, May 13, 2021
Thema:

New-Item : Access to the path 'C:\temp' is denied.

1. New-Item : Access to the path 'C:\temp' is denied. - Similar Threads - Item Access path

2. Installing Apps Access to the path is denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installing Apps Access to the path is denied: Hi,When I try to install Github Desktop, Discord, Freetube, Atom that is, any application that install by SquirrelInstallI am getting an installation error:System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\AnyApp\' is denied.I created a new...
  3. C access denied help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C access denied help?: Need to fix it submitted by /u/IBexl_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ktwu6x/c_access_denied_help/
  4. My C drive is not accessible - Access is Denied

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My C drive is not accessible - Access is Denied: My little brother was on my PC, and I guess he fucked around with my administrator settings, now I can't access my c drive. I tried to make another account, didn't work. I would try to open something like a task manager, and it would say windows couldn't access it. If I tried...
  5. Access to C drive is denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access to C drive is denied: Access to C drive is denied, Cannot take ownership, right clicking on it freezes the laptop for 15 sec and access denied message pops up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-c-drive-is-denied/e8ce725f-eb6a-4dd6-b9e9-b3871e097ae2
  6. Access to Drive C: denied

Access to Drive C: denied: I run Windows 10 and seem to have mistakenly changed some security settings which has resulted in me being denied access to drive C unable to run programs such as MS office apps. Oddly, there are some programs that still works though. After trying most of what I have found...
  7. Access to the path denied

Access to the path denied: [ATTACH] Can anyone give me a clear, concise answer as to what this means when it is received after attempting to login to a program on windows 10? My problem is that our IT dept says this issue lies with the WebTMS. However, webTMS programmers say that they’ve never...
  8. Can't fix C: is not accessable, access is denied.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't fix C: is not accessable, access is denied.: Hello, i started having this problem since i messed up the ACL on my C: Hard Drive, (my windows is bootable and it's Windows 10 Home (1089) and Windows 8.1 (latest version) I put the all check box into the right option (Deny) after i did that, i started getting some errors...
  9. C drive access denied

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive access denied: I was trying to keep my 120 gig ssd drive just for windows. I have a 1 terabyte hard drive for the rest. In the process I locked myself out. Anything I try to do I get access denied. I still have admin rights, but its worthless. I cant even trouble shoot. Ive tried 4...
  10. system.io.ioexception access to the path is denied

in Windows 10 Support
    system.io.ioexception access to the path is denied: Tried to install a program and getting this. Anyone know what it mean and how to fix it, thanks 49721