Windows 10: New KB4559309 update no longer recognizes my drives?

Discus and support New KB4559309 update no longer recognizes my drives? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After installing this update 3/4 of my drives aren't showing up anymore and aren't being recognized. The only one that works is my boot drive and it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ItsBrank, Jun 23, 2020.

1. New KB4559309 update no longer recognizes my drives?

After installing this update 3/4 of my drives aren't showing up anymore and aren't being recognized. The only one that works is my boot drive and it's so incredibly slow, I changed nothing in BIOS or settings I just installed the new update. Anyone else having similar problems?

submitted by /u/ItsBrank
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ItsBrank, Jun 23, 2020
  2. Nofsdad Win User

No longer recognizes CD/DVD drive

Since receiving the Win 10 Home upgrade my computer no longer recognizes the DVD drive. It doesn't show in Device Manger or in the device list in This PC although it does spin up if you insert media into it. I've tried all the suggested remedies except messing with the registry and nothing works. This is one of several problems I've had with device drivers since the upgrade.

Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    AMD FX-4130 3.80Ghz
    8Gb Installed memory

Nofsdad, Jun 26, 2020
  3. USB Drive no longer recognized by Windows 10 since last update

Hi Cathie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand that you are unable to backup Quicken files on the USB flash drive after the latest update.

Do let us know the following to understand the issue and assist you better:

• Which was the latest update had been installed on your device?
    • Is the flash drive detected on your operating system?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have performed while trying to resolve this issue?
    • Is the flash drive being detected on any other device?

As a workaround, I suggest you to connect the flash drive to different USB ports and check if it is detected.

Step 1: I suggest you to Run Hardware troubleshooter as it will help in resolving the issues with hardware and resolve any simple issues found.

• Press Windows
      key from the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select it.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.

• Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.

• Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.

• Press Windows
      key and type updates.

• Click on Check for updates.

• Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.

• Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 26, 2020
  4. New KB4559309 update no longer recognizes my drives?

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

New KB4559309 update no longer recognizes my drives?

1. New KB4559309 update no longer recognizes my drives? - Similar Threads - KB4559309 update longer

2. Windows update KB4559309 has ruined my pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows update KB4559309 has ruined my pc: When I first built this pc months ago I had issues constantly disconnecting from wifi and getting problema in the troubleshooter like wifi does not have a a valid ip co figuration or default gateway can not be found. After a week of trying to fix it I got the issue sorted and...
  3. Windows no longer recognizes D: drive partition - KB4559309 update related

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows no longer recognizes D: drive partition - KB4559309 update related: So KB4559309 installed at some point in the last 24 hours for me, and like everyone else, I've been swearing at my monitor for the past couple hours because I can't just uninstall it. I know restores worked for plenty of other users, but I've already tried it and it looks...
  4. windows update KB4559309

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows update KB4559309: this update rendered my computer useless. I have a intel card which a friend of mine told me may be the source of the problem. When I installed the listed update, I cannot connect to the internet nor can I do anything else. every tab comes up with a blank screen and the...
  5. update kb4559309

update kb4559309: Automatic download just now has totally changed the performance of my computer, made radical changes to my Office365. Runs slow, gone is my original Outlook, fortunately sometime back I minimised the program on the task bar, as I did for Excel and Word and they are working...
  6. uninstall update KB4559309

uninstall update KB4559309: The above was installed on 6/18/20. I haven't been able to use my printer since. As my copier still works "Brother" advised me it was an update problem. They sent me uninstall instructions and the problem is on the top of my list of updates. I select it, but there is no...
  7. Edge Chromium Update KB4559309

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge Chromium Update KB4559309: Is this update only for version 2004 or for all versions? If only for v2004 like it looks like in description, what will happen if it restarts on my v1909? I have not downloaded or installed v2004 yet. (sorry if this is a duplicate post) submitted by /u/Lazydae [link]...
  8. KB4559309 Update for new Microsoft Edge for Windows 10 - May 27

in Windows 10 News
    KB4559309 Update for new Microsoft Edge for Windows 10 - May 27: UPDATE 6/2: KB4541302 - New Microsoft Edge is available for Windows 10 version 1903 and 1909 KB4541301 - The new Microsoft Edge is available for Windows 10 version 1803 and 1809 Microsoft has started rolling out a new KB4559309 Microsoft Edge Update for Windows 10 version...
  9. Edge Chromium Update KB4559309?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge Chromium Update KB4559309?: I have 5 Win10 computers of which 1 is always on, 2 are on for a while most days, and 2 are infrequently on. All are on 1909 (2) 18363.836. 2 are Pro and the other 3 are Home. None are on any insider build. As usually is the case, when I start up the infrequently used...
  10. New KB4559309 Microsoft Edge Update for Windows 10 version 2004

in Windows 10 News
    New KB4559309 Microsoft Edge Update for Windows 10 version 2004: Microsoft has started rolling out a new KB4559309 Microsoft Edge Update for Windows 10 version 2004 to Windows Insiders in the Release Preview ring. This update replaces the old Microsoft Edge with the new Chromium base Microsoft Edge. This update will not be available if...
Tags: