Windows 10: New Keyboard, Microphone stopped working with Speakers[New Info]

Discus and support New Keyboard, Microphone stopped working with Speakers[New Info] in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently purchased a Pok3r keyboard, and now my USB microphone(AT2005USB) and my speakers (Bose Companion 5) refuse to work together. However, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dylan, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Dylan Win User

New Keyboard, Microphone stopped working with Speakers[New Info]

I recently purchased a Pok3r keyboard, and now my USB microphone(AT2005USB) and my speakers (Bose Companion 5) refuse to work together. However, when I have my old keyboard plugged in, they work together just fine.

My microphone has a way to listen to yourself while you talk, so it also is registered on my computer as a speaker. When I have that speaker enabled, my microphone works fine. When I disable that as a speaker and set my Bose speakers to the default speakers, my microphone doesn't pick up any sound according to the computer. I'll put a little gif up of what happens.

New Keyboard, Microphone stopped working with Speakers[New Info] [​IMG]

As you can see, when only my speakers are enabled, my microphone doesn't pick up any sound. This ONLY happens with my new keyboard plugged in.

If I have just my keyboard and the microphone plugged in, even if I disable the Microphones "speakers" it still will pick up audio on the microphone. It's only when I plug in the speakers as well that it decides not to pick up any sound.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? None of the devices have device specific drivers; they are all just installed by windows.

EDIT: I figured out that my keyboard works fine with everything when I plug it into the front USB ports on my computer, but it doesn't work on any of the back ports. I don't know what I should be doing to solve this problem.

Could this be a power issue? It always seems like one thing has to stop working for another thing to work. Maybe my new keyboard draws more power than my old one, and the usb ports in the back are almost all full. Maybe the power going to all the ports is just low, so not all of the devices can draw enough power.

:)

Dylan, Sep 11, 2015

2. Adding a USB microphone to Windows 10

I'm trying to install a USB microphone to my computer. Once I plug it in my speakers stop working and Windows doesn't recognize my mic. I have to use a USB plug since there is only one round port on my computer and that is for the speakers. What can I do
    to get the USB mic to work? I'm very new to Windows 10.

Thanks

VideoGirlJean, Sep 11, 2015
  3. Via HD audio microphone prolems.

About a day ago my microphone stopped working randomly. I couldn't do much so I decided to uninstall the drivers or get new ones, none of that works. But after I did some messing with the drivers my audio stopped working too.

In playback devices I connected to speakers as default device and then my audio worked again. But my microphone still did not work. I even restored my computer.

Everything on the computer states that the microphone is working fine and everything is all good, but I still can't do anything.

If it helps, I have a button on my headset which makes a tapping noise when pressed. People I have Skyped with can hear that, and when I boost the microphone I can hear the static of it, but not myself.

EDIT: If I unplug the headset the headset and microphone devices still appear in the Sound settings, and the microphone appears in the volume mixer.

Alex`Enters, Sep 11, 2015
Thema:

New Keyboard, Microphone stopped working with Speakers[New Info]

1. New Keyboard, Microphone stopped working with Speakers[New Info] - Similar Threads - Keyboard Microphone stopped

2. New keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New keyboard not working: Good day!This is Monica and I have a concern.I bought a new keyboard at dell and really excited to use it so i unplug my old keyboard while the desktop is starring up I recently updated it to windows 11.After opening, keybaord lit up but when I try to used it , it's not...
  3. New keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New keyboard not working: Good day!This is Monica and I have a concern.I bought a new keyboard at dell and really excited to use it so i unplug my old keyboard while the desktop is starring up I recently updated it to windows 11.After opening, keybaord lit up but when I try to used it , it's not...
  4. Speakers and microphone stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers and microphone stopped working.: Speakers and microphone were working under Windows 11 just fine for a couple of weeks. Today they do not. Looking at the software update history automatic updates I see that today, the same day audio quit, Intel Extensions 7.5.0.0 was installed. I cannot find any information...
  5. Speakers and microphone stopped working.

Speakers and microphone stopped working.: Speakers and microphone were working under Windows 11 just fine for a couple of weeks. Today they do not. Looking at the software update history automatic updates I see that today, the same day audio quit, Intel Extensions 7.5.0.0 was installed. I cannot find any information...
  6. New laptop Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New laptop Microphone not working: We just got this new LG Gram, and the microphone is not working. Alexa doesn't respond, skype doesn't work, I've checked that apps have permission. I've run a troubleshoot, nothing is receiving audio input.I have used Bluetooth headphones to listen to something before. Could...
  7. New laptop Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop Microphone not working: We just got this new LG Gram, and the microphone is not working. Alexa doesn't respond, skype doesn't work, I've checked that apps have permission. I've run a troubleshoot, nothing is receiving audio input.I have used Bluetooth headphones to listen to something before. Could...
  8. New laptop Microphone not working

9. New Microsoft Keyboard Stopped Working

New Microsoft Keyboard Stopped Working: I have been away for about a week and my Microsoft keyboard less than a year old would not type when I tried to log in. Had to get another keyboard.In device manager I see "device descriptor request failed" and there was also a pop up that showed up and disappeared quickly...
  10. Speakers not working on new pc

Speakers not working on new pc: So I got a new gaming pc today figured I would get a new set of speakers at the same time so I got some dell ones from ebay there are 5 speakers plus sub woofer my issue is only sound is coming from 2 of them when I check the sound options on my pc if only finds speakers...