Windows 10: new keyboard, no f-lock key

Discus and support new keyboard, no f-lock key in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I just bought a new keyboard: BLUETOOTH QHG-00015 I work as a developer and use the functions keys heavily . I couldn't find a function-lock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by assael, Mar 21, 2021.

1. assael Win User

new keyboard, no f-lock key

Hi,

I just bought a new keyboard: BLUETOOTH QHG-00015

I work as a developer and use the functions keys heavily .

I couldn't find a function-lock key.

using the Fn key every time is really annoying and make me sorry for buying the keyboard.

do you have a solution for that?

Thanks

Assael.

:)

assael, Mar 21, 2021
  2. Zoggles Win User

Shortuct keys, F-Lock, and F keys not working

I have a new Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000, and am running Windows 10 (64-bit) on a new PC, but none of the 'special keys' work, and neither do any of the function keys or F-Lock.

It's as if it is not being correctly recognised even though it correctly shows up in Device Manager (and according to 'update driver' is on the latest version)

NumPad/NumLock work fine. ScrollLock, Capslock, ESC and the rest of the keyboard has no problem.

But the keys not working includes:

All the special shortcut keys: Web/Home, Search, Mail, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Mute, Volume -/+, Play/Pause, Calculator, My Favourites, Back, Forward, and the Zoom Control.

F Keys and the F-Lock key.

and, (above the num pad), the '=', '(', and ')' keys. (although the second smaller '<-' backspace key next to them is fine)

I have Mouse and Keyboard Center 64bit 2.8.106

Device Manager lists: HID Keyboard Device (driver version 10.0.10586.0) and Microsoft USB Natural Ergonomic 4000 (driver version 9.7.132.0)

I have tried different USB ports, I have tried the Windows troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices to no avail.

Mouse Keys/Sticky Keys/Toggle Keys/Filter Keys in Ease of Access are all turned off.

Human Interface Device Service in Services.msc is set to Automatic.

I'm really not bothered about the 'shortcut' keys - I've been using the MS Natural Ergonomic keyboards on various computers and OS's for years and never bothered with those keys (except occasionally for the handy volume keys) but not being able to use F
    keys is really inconvenient to say the least!

Am I missing something somewhere in the Win10 Settings? I never had any problems like this on XP or previous systems.

Zoggles, Mar 21, 2021
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Mar 21, 2021
  4. new keyboard, no f-lock key

my keyboard f keys

Hi Tony,

Some keyboard's function keys require a certain combination to perform a certain function. If all Function keys don't work, then there's a possibility that the F keys are disabled. Try to look for the F-Lock key on your keyboard and then
    just press it to enable the function keys back.

For us to isolate the problem, try pressing the Fn key together with the designated function key for volume or brightness and see if it works. The Fn key is usually located at the bottom part of the keyboard near the space bar.

Let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

new keyboard, no f-lock key

1. new keyboard, no f-lock key - Similar Threads - keyboard lock key

2. No FN or F-Lock key on new MS Ergo Keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No FN or F-Lock key on new MS Ergo Keyboard?: Just started using keyboard today and discover there's no F-Lock feature. Why? I have used Ctrl-F5 for years to force a hard browser refresh in multiple browsers. Not to mention many other functions. And with the removal of that single key and it's functionality, you've...
  3. No FN or F-Lock key on new MS Ergo Keyboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No FN or F-Lock key on new MS Ergo Keyboard?: Just started using keyboard today and discover there's no F-Lock feature. Why? I have used Ctrl-F5 for years to force a hard browser refresh in multiple browsers. Not to mention many other functions. And with the removal of that single key and it's functionality, you've...
  4. No FN or F-Lock key on new MS Ergo Keyboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Fn Lock and external keyboard function keys F-keys acting as multimedia keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fn Lock and external keyboard function keys F-keys acting as multimedia keys: Hi there,So I seem to have this problem with my external keyboard.The 'Fn lock' is enabled on my laptop, but still the F-keys on my external keyboard act as if it were off act as multimedia keys. When I turn off 'Fn lock' on my laptop, the F-keys on my external keyboard still...
  6. Fn Lock and external keyboard function keys F-keys acting as multimedia keys

Fn Lock and external keyboard function keys F-keys acting as multimedia keys: Hi there,So I seem to have this problem with my external keyboard.The 'Fn lock' is enabled on my laptop, but still the F-keys on my external keyboard act as if it were off act as multimedia keys. When I turn off 'Fn lock' on my laptop, the F-keys on my external keyboard still...
  7. Fn Lock and external keyboard function keys F-keys acting as multimedia keys

8. Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard, where is the FN or F-Lock? How would I F-Lock on this keyboard?

Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard, where is the FN or F-Lock? How would I F-Lock on this keyboard?: Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard, where is the FN or F-Lock? How would I F-Lock on this keyboard? I don't have those buttons. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-ergonomic-keyboard-where-is-the-fn-or-f/b837fb05-1fe9-4b5f-917a-a05e9d5549a7
  9. Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard, where is the FN or F-Lock? How would I F-Lock on this keyboard?

Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard, where is the FN or F-Lock? How would I F-Lock on this keyboard?: Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard, where is the FN or F-Lock? How would I F-Lock on this keyboard? I don't have those buttons. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-ergonomic-keyboard-where-is-the-fn-or-f/b837fb05-1fe9-4b5f-917a-a05e9d5549a7
  10. The F keys on the keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The F keys on the keyboard: For some reason, anytime I press the keys on the top of my laptop's computer, such as the volume or brightness buttons, it just goes straight to the F key's function, such as opening inspect. What can I do to fix this?...