Windows 10: New Kinect developer preview for Windows 10

Discus and support New Kinect developer preview for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] [img] Kinect - Windows app development This preview adds support for using Kinect with the built-in Windows.Devices.Perception APIs,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

New Kinect developer preview for Windows 10

2. Next, you can use Device Manager to update to the preview version of the Kinect driver and runtime:
    1. Open Device Manager (Windows key + x, then m).
    2. Expand “Kinect sensor devices”.
    3. Right-click on "WDF KinectSensor Interface 0".
    4. Click "Update Driver Software..."
    5. Click “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
    6. Allow it to download and install the new driver.
    7. Reboot.
    Once you have the preview version of the Kinect for Windows V2 driver (version 2.1.1511.11000 or higher), you can start developing sensor apps for Windows 10 using Visual Studio 2015 with Windows developer tools. You can also set up Windows Hello to log in using your Kinect.

1. Go to “Settings->Accounts->Sign-in options”.

2. Add a PIN if you haven’t already.

3. In the Windows Hello section, click “Set up” and follow the instructions to enable Windows Hello!

That’s it! You can send us your feedback at L: k4w@microsoft.com.

All the info, in lots more languages!

Many of you have probably already noticed that our Kinect for Windows developer webpage has a new home under the Windows Dev Center. This is where you can go to learn about the features of the v2 sensor and the free Kinect for Windows SDK 2.0, and to get information about building Kinect-enabled Windows apps.Other Content and Resources:

Cortana

The Kinect for Windows team wants to keep you in the loop on interesting adjacent technologies in the NUI and devices spaces. We are working on ways to give you more updates on more of these emerging solutions. In Windows 10 we have some new Cortana capabilities for devs that we thought you should know about. Get started by checking out the links below:

1. Get to know Cortana with “Cortana Overview video

2. Cortana Development for beginner: Cortana Extensibility in Universal Windows Apps

3. Learn more on Cortana and Speech Platform In Depth

4. Check out the new Cortana page under Windows Dev Center

Channel 9

Watch, interact and take part in discussion with Microsoft employees through the different shows on Channel 9.

Microsoft Virtual Academy

Develop your skills at the MVA. It includes both online and off-line components and features systems for self-assessment on the latest Microsoft Technology.

Keep Connected

You can browse an archive of our past newsletters from the Kinect team via this OneDrive.

Have you built a cool project with Kinect - Simply email the Kinect team at L: k4w@microsoft.com.

As always, you can keep up to date on the latest Kinect for Windows news by subscribing to the Kinect team blog. And if you aren’t involved in our Facebook and Twitter community already, please like us and follow the Kinect Team

[/quote]
    Source: Kinect developer preview for Windows 10! - Microsoft UK Faculty Connection - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

:)

Brink, Dec 15, 2015

2. Will Windows 10 support Kinect development?

Original title: Windows 10 + Kinect Adapter

Is there any word whether or not Windows 10 will support Kinect development? Or will I have to resort to Windows 8 and 8.1 indefinitely?

snoopysnake, Dec 15, 2015
  3. 3d Scan - cannot find depth sensor

With the install of Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 1548.rs2_release I am happy to say the Kinect is now working. 3DScan is working as is Hello.

A.D.Wheeler, Dec 15, 2015
Thema:

New Kinect developer preview for Windows 10

1. New Kinect developer preview for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Kinect developer preview

2. Kinect in windows 10 connect and disconect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Kinect in windows 10 connect and disconect: I have a pc with a ryzen 53400g & a rx570 8gb and i buy a adapter for de kinect to use the kinect as webcam but it connect and disconnet all the time...
  3. Kinect Disappear from windows 10

Kinect Disappear from windows 10: Hi everyone I hope you can help me. I use the kinect for work and it is used in detecting the size of objects. The problem is that every now and then the kinect is no longer recognized by windows and to restore it I have to restart the USB 3.0 controller. Sometimes,...
  4. kinect 2.0 bootloop on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    kinect 2.0 bootloop on windows 10: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tonyidkwhattoputhere [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikubbd/kinect_20_bootloop_on_windows_10/
  5. Kinect as a webcam to windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Kinect as a webcam to windows 10: I want to make my kinect a webcam and not just for motion capture by my other software but i can't figure it out submitted by /u/Threshersaurus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hcdffi/kinect_as_a_webcam_to_windows_10/
  6. Kinect Sensor not detected on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Kinect Sensor not detected on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If after you upgrade the operating system on a Surface Book, or any other Windows 10-powered device, and you’re unable to use the Kinect for […] This article Kinect Sensor not detected on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. 360 Kinect not working in Kinect studio

360 Kinect not working in Kinect studio: I recently got a Kinect and have noticed it does not work within Kinect studio as it displays a grey screen. I have tested the Kinect with an actual 360 and it works great. But when connected with an adapter the green light turns on and windows detects something was plugged...
  8. Early preview Visual Studio support for Windows 10 on ARM development

in Windows 10 News
    Early preview Visual Studio support for Windows 10 on ARM development: Today, we are pleased to announce that Visual Studio 15.8 Preview 1 contains an early preview of the SDK and tools to allow you to create your own 64-bit ARM (ARM64) apps. These tools answer the requests of many eager developers, and the development made possible with these...
  9. Announcing the developer preview for Bing’s new Search APIs

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing the developer preview for Bing’s new Search APIs: The Bing team knows that developers want solutions that are easy to understand, simple to implement, and can make your apps and experiences smarter and more engaging for your users. Based on feedback from developers, partners and customers, we have created the next-generation...
  10. Kinect and UWP apps: new options in Windows 10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 News
    Kinect and UWP apps: new options in Windows 10 Anniversary Update: UWP apps today cannot access most of the data from a Kinect sensor. This post provides an overview of what we plan to deliver in the near future to begin bringing Kinect for Windows into the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) world. With the Windows 10 Anniversary Update and...