Windows 10: New Laptop 100% disk usage

Discus and support New Laptop 100% disk usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good Day, Maybe this has been answered but if someone can redirect me to the solution - I would like to know why my new laptop is always at 100% disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chados_SW, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Chados_SW Win User

New Laptop 100% disk usage

Good Day,

Maybe this has been answered but if someone can redirect me to the solution - I would like to know why my new laptop is always at 100% disk usage. It is possible that its a 3rd party anti virus? I don't want to disable any services as windows 10 is an expensive software that shouldn't require you to disable anything.

Is there a fix for this? I got a an ACER spin 3

:)

Chados_SW, Nov 14, 2018

2. 100% disk usage

The most common cause of 100% disk usage appears to be Superfetch and Prefetch, but there are also other causes. You can try disabling both these features and see if it helps.

This article provides steps to disable prefecth and superfetch:

-
    How to Fix 100% Disk Usage Error in Windows 10

Salman Patwegar, Nov 14, 2018
  3. garybear89, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Jose Est Win User

100% disk usage and memory usage

Hi,

100% disk usage and memory usage can be caused by a software corruption, running application running on the background and malware or virus infection.

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide an appropriate resolution, kindly answer the questions below:

• Did the issue happen after installing the Fall Creators?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Can you send us the screenshot of the Task Manager showing the 100% disk usage and memory usage?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For isolation purposes, please perform a clean boot to see if the same issue will occur. Refer to this
    article for more information on how to perform a clean boot
    in Windows.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

1. New Laptop 100% disk usage - Similar Threads - Laptop 100% disk

2. Laptop at 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop at 100% disk usage: I have a dell laptop that is about 5 years old that I have been using off and on for gaming on the go. Recently however the laptop will become slow as a slug and I am seeing 100% disk usage even when the computer sits idol and nothing is running. I am running windows version...
  3. Just bought a brand new laptop then 100% disk usage

Just bought a brand new laptop then 100% disk usage: Just bought a laptop, model is Asus X409JP-EK051t. It was working fine the first few hours but then suddenly, performance became slow and can't even open edge smoothly. After opening task manager, I see the disk usage at 100%. I've tried so many solutions in the internet but...
  4. 100% disk usage and laptop heating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    100% disk usage and laptop heating: Hi Few days before i did a full antivirus scan with my McAfee antivirus software after some time i touched my laptop it was heating ver badly this did not happen before and my disk usage was 100 % Then i reserted my laptop my laptop drive started heating and and i could...
  5. 100% disk usage

100% disk usage: I reset my PC and disk usage its still on 100% I have tried everything that is on YouTube or other forums and nothing works. submitted by /u/Witeek13 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dxbr0g/100_disk_usage/
  6. New Windows 10 Laptop at 100% Disk Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Windows 10 Laptop at 100% Disk Usage: Hello, my Mom purchased a new computer a while back and always complained about it being incredibly slow. I finally took it for her to try and fix and noticed that the disk usage is always at 100%. This does not seem normal, and as a result is slows down the entire...
  7. Disk usage is 100%

Disk usage is 100%: Disk usage is 100% resulting in computer being real slow. How do I fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-usage-is-100/f94cae49-632c-4168-8aef-a0480ffe2569
  8. 100% disk usage

100% disk usage: i am using i7-7700hq processor laptop but still my laptop was loading slowly.when i checked my task manager it shows me my disk usage is 100%. so anybody help me to solve this problem...
  9. Hard Disk Usage 100% in New Laptops

Hard Disk Usage 100% in New Laptops: I bought some laptops recently with configuration of i5 8th Gen/8GB RAM and AMD Rayden 5 graphic card 2GB. Just after the first boot all showed me 100% disk usage with Windows 10. The methods I tried to resolve issue: 1. Disabled Superfetch 2. Disabled Windows Search 3....
  10. 100% disk usage on new laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% disk usage on new laptop: Hi, So I bought this laptop the other day strictly for on the road work in excel/word and the like browsing and email. Nothing super intensive. It's not a great a great laptop by any stretch but it will meet my needs an it was cheap, only paid $115 for it brand new....