Windows 10: New laptop and windows 10 account.

Discus and support New laptop and windows 10 account. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have just ordered a a new laptop. My concern is with my ms account. My current laptop is an hp that came with windows 8. I got a free upgrade to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Hewjr100, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Hewjr100 Win User

New laptop and windows 10 account.

I have just ordered a a new laptop. My concern is with my ms account. My current laptop is an hp that came with windows 8. I got a free upgrade to windows 8.1 and eventually to windows 10. My question is when I fire up the new laptop, will it take my current ms account. The license transfer legalese is just to hard to understand. I believe that the free upgrade does not allow one to transfer to another pc, but I am not sure.

Henry.

:)

Hewjr100, Jun 20, 2017

2. Changing from Windows 10 Pro to Windows Home

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a new laptop for buy it and it says that comes with Windows 10 Home. I'm just wondering if there's a problem if i use my actual account that i have on my actual laptop that have Windows 10 Pro? Or is there a way to upgrade the
    new laptop to Windows 10 Pro without losing any programs or files that comes with the new laptop? Or my account loose the association with the Windows 10 Pro laptop ?

Hope to get answer as soon as possible before buying the new laptop.

Thanks

CarlosPérezUr, Jun 20, 2017
  3. How to Add One more Child Account in WIndow 10 Laptop

I set up one Admin account and one Child account in Window 10 laptop

Now, I want to add one more child account at laptop with new microsoft email account in Family Safety

How do I add it at WIndow 10 Laptop?

Thanks,

Timothy Nguyen_04, Jun 20, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Yes it will. I've got about 10 computers on my Microsoft account.

Yes, it does allow transfer to another computer through a Microsoft Account, but the question is, What OS is the new laptop coming with from the factory?

NavyLCDR, Jun 20, 2017
  5. Hewjr100 Win User
    Windows 10, I believe the manufacture date is 2016. Probably the Anniversary update or older.

Henry.

Hewjr100, Jun 20, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    If the new computer comes with Windows 10 from the factory, then why would you need to move a license for Windows 10?

NavyLCDR, Jun 21, 2017
  7. Hewjr100 Win User
    I have creator's update on a usb. Will use it to clean install. Do not want the factory crap that come preinstalled.

Henry.

Hewjr100, Jun 21, 2017
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

When you do the clean install, it will use the license for the Windows 10 that comes with the new computer to activate.

NavyLCDR, Jun 22, 2017
  9. Hewjr100 Win User
    Ok thanks. Going to start know.

Henry.

Hewjr100, Jun 22, 2017
  10. Hewjr100 Win User
    Well everything went very well. I did not even have to use the drivers I downloaded from HP, but I do have them in a folder in onedrive. You can see my new specs in my signature.

Henry.

Hewjr100, Jun 22, 2017
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    Glad it went well for you!

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New laptop and windows 10 account. - Similar Threads - laptop account

2. Laptop Azure Account Deletion Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Azure Account Deletion Issue: We are moving everyone at our company over from local accounts to Azure-linked accounts. On my laptop, I wanted to see what would happen if someone else logged into it using their Microsoft credentials. They were able to do so successfully. They now show up in the log in...
  3. Laptop Azure Account Deletion Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Azure Account Deletion Issue: We are moving everyone at our company over from local accounts to Azure-linked accounts. On my laptop, I wanted to see what would happen if someone else logged into it using their Microsoft credentials. They were able to do so successfully. They now show up in the log in...
  4. Deleting accounts on old laptop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting accounts on old laptop.: I have two accounts on my original laptop. I have transfered one of these accounts onto my new laptop. I now want to delete the transfered account from my original laptop. My problem is; if I delete the account from my original laptop will it delete all the files that i...
  5. Deleting accounts on old laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting accounts on old laptop.: I have two accounts on my original laptop. I have transfered one of these accounts onto my new laptop. I now want to delete the transfered account from my original laptop. My problem is; if I delete the account from my original laptop will it delete all the files that i...
  6. Deleting accounts on old laptop.

7. I am trying to "forget" an old work account on my laptop, but every time I try, it says...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to "forget" an old work account on my laptop, but every time I try, it says...: I am trying to remove an old work account from my microsoft account lists. I was sure I had already logged out but when I opened a Teams link for something unrelated, it automatically logged back into my old account, which is pretty awkward and may have created some...
  8. I am trying to "forget" an old work account on my laptop, but every time I try, it says...

I am trying to "forget" an old work account on my laptop, but every time I try, it says...: I am trying to remove an old work account from my microsoft account lists. I was sure I had already logged out but when I opened a Teams link for something unrelated, it automatically logged back into my old account, which is pretty awkward and may have created some...
  9. I am trying to "forget" an old work account on my laptop, but every time I try, it says...

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Cannot find bitlocker recovery key to my old laptop in my account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot find bitlocker recovery key to my old laptop in my account: Hi there, About a year ago, my old laptop died and only recently, I decided to recover my information. At the service center, they managed to retrieve my SSD drive and connect it to a new laptop. However, to access the files, they require the BitLocker recovery key. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. update your family members windows 10 device to get family features to work.