Windows 10: new laptop battery not being detected by my laptop

Discus and support new laptop battery not being detected by my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i just bought a new laptop battery after the old one went completely dead.After charging it for about 12hrs my laptop is not detecting it.When i put... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sospeter-njau, Aug 10, 2018.

1. new laptop battery not being detected by my laptop

i just bought a new laptop battery after the old one went completely dead.After charging it for about 12hrs my laptop is not detecting it.When i put the battery in and turn on my laptop,the laptop won't turn on.if i try turning my laptop on when the battery is in and i have plugged in my charger,the laptop won't turn on.I have also noticed that the microsoft composite battery driver in my laptop is missing when either my old or new battery is in.my laptop is a toshiba portege R830.

:)

sospeter-njau, Aug 10, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

Laptop Battery

The battery should last about 3 hours, I still think it's a Windows power managment setting check this link for info

http://support.microsoft.com/search...False&x=10&y=12&query=laptop power management

This is a long list of known problems, maybe you can find the correct one knowing more of your symptoms

Link for new battery

http://www.camcorderbattery.ca/laptop-batteries/acer.htm

Namslas90, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Akoops Win User
    No Battery Is Detected error on ASUS Laptop

In fact I just disconnected it now and the battery icon changed to a battery icon, mosueover saying 'Unknown remaining'. If I click the battery icon it says 100% battery but also 'calculating'. So it IS able to run on battery in some respect.

new laptop battery not being detected by my laptop [​IMG]

new laptop battery not being detected by my laptop [​IMG]

Akoops, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Juntao Win User

new laptop battery not being detected by my laptop

Laptop battery issue

Hey everyone! I have an old dell laptop with a pentium 2 and 64MB of ram. Real powerful(lol). It is running 98. The old battery had died and purchased a generic replacement supposedly for that model. The numbers match and all. The problem is the notebook will not recognize the battery. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks. It is just for notes and stuff.

Juntao, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

new laptop battery not being detected by my laptop

1. new laptop battery not being detected by my laptop - Similar Threads - laptop battery being

2. my laptop battery has stopped charging at 95%, the laptop is relatively new, being just a...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my laptop battery has stopped charging at 95%, the laptop is relatively new, being just a...: My laptop battery will not charge. I've tried restarting, and updating and nothing works. what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-battery-has-stopped-charging-at-95-the/9602a431-8eb2-42aa-83b7-3b3f81f99628
  3. my laptop battery has stopped charging at 95%, the laptop is relatively new, being just a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop battery has stopped charging at 95%, the laptop is relatively new, being just a...: My laptop battery will not charge. I've tried restarting, and updating and nothing works. what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-battery-has-stopped-charging-at-95-the/9602a431-8eb2-42aa-83b7-3b3f81f99628
  4. my laptop battery has stopped charging at 95%, the laptop is relatively new, being just a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. laptop isnt using the battery but detecting it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop isnt using the battery but detecting it: my laptop Asus is still new im sure the battery life is okay ran some tests, the problem is my laptop doesnt start unless i put the ac charger and if i unplug it shuts down instantly . windows is detecting the battery and its power but it's not using it at all can any one...
  6. Battery not detected on my Windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery not detected on my Windows 10 Laptop: I have had my laptop for a while now 8 years, and like 5 years ago, whenever I pulled out my power supply, my whole laptop would shut down. Recently, I upgraded to Windows 10, and now it is the same. The battery comes up as 'Battery not detected' when I hover over it, and I...
  7. The battery of my laptop is not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The battery of my laptop is not detected: The battery of my laptop ACER Aspire E 15 is not getting detected even after I installed a new battery. What could be the possible cause for this problem? Thanks. [ATTACH]...
  8. My wireless headphones aren't being detected by my new laptop.

My wireless headphones aren't being detected by my new laptop.: My laptop is brand new, and my headphones are quite new, i have never had issues with them before they connect quickly and easily to my phone but my laptop cant detect it and i don't know why....
  9. Laptop battery not detected from overheating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop battery not detected from overheating: Hi, so my laptop tends to heat up pretty badly when playing games, and while playing a game, i noticed that there is a cross on the battery symbol and it says that no battery is detected. Is this because of the overheating issue? I've tried restarting, but the problem is...
  10. No Battery Is Detected error on ASUS Laptop

No Battery Is Detected error on ASUS Laptop: I have a recently purchased ASUS laptop as mentioned in title, and there seems to be issue after issue. As mentioned in a previous thread, I had problems with my sound card popping a crackling. After updating my BIOS drivers, this fixed the problem. Now I have a new...