Windows 10: New laptop battery, sudden shut down on 54 percent charge without warning

Discus and support New laptop battery, sudden shut down on 54 percent charge without warning in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; bought a new laptop battery . the problem arose is, laptop is turning off without any notification and while almost 50 percent charge left showing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Saif Ul Islam., May 2, 2019.

1. New laptop battery, sudden shut down on 54 percent charge without warning

bought a new laptop battery . the problem arose is, laptop is turning off without any notification and while almost 50 percent charge left showing. laptop turns off like someone suddenly pulled the battery off. is it problem with the new battery or there is a software issue.

please help me by answering.

:)

Saif Ul Islam., May 2, 2019
  2. marijnr Win User

Laptop charging but not increasing battery charged percentage

Let your laptop running until it's only at a few percent left, and then charge it. Let it charge for a while (maybe half an hour) while it's turned on.
    If you unplug your charger after some time and if the battery percentage is correct, it should shut down within a minute or so. If this happens, the problem can be your battery. If it stays on for quite a while, even when it's at a few percent, the problem will be where this percentage is calculated.

In any case, this problem seems to be hardware related, and it's best to let somebody look at it that has some expertise.

marijnr, May 2, 2019
  3. jfp555 Win User
    Battery Meter on new laptop displays zero regardless of charge state

Hey all!

I saw some reviews, did some research and ended up buying the Chuwi Lapbook 12.3.

Everything seems to be working fine, except that the laptop shows the battery at zero percent no matter what.

It does charge and has normal battery life, but the battery meter keeps displaying zero.

I updated everything, did the latest updates, and the problem persisted.

Then performed an updated BIOS update.

I then did a system reset (choosing to keep files), however, the battery still remains at 0. It does indicate when the charger is plugged in and charging, and when the charger is removed, it indicates that the charger is removed, and warns the battery is at 0 even though the laptop shows hours of normal battery life,just shuts off without warning whenever the battery runs out.

Is there any way to remedy this? I can't even identify whether this is a hardware or software issue.

Much thanks in advance.

jfp555, May 2, 2019
  4. curt jugg Win User

New laptop battery, sudden shut down on 54 percent charge without warning

New battery not charging

I have an Acer Aspire V3-771 laptop (which is three and a half years old) with its original battery. As the battery is not holding the charge for as long as it used to I decided to replace it. I inserted he new battery, which already showed a charge of 60%, and let it run down to the point when the laptop turned itself off. However, when I tried to recharge the battery, the battery icon showed "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I contacted the supplier of the battery and they sent me a new one. This showed an initial charge of 93% so, in view of my problem with the previous battery, I decided to try and charge it up to full capacity before letting it run down. But as soon as I tried this the battery icon showed "93% available, plugged in, not charging". So I unplugged the charger and again let the battery run down until the computer turned itself off. I plugged the charger in again but then got "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I have no problem charging the old battery, so can anyone please suggest what the problem might be? I have tried taking out the battery and unplugging the charger and holding down the power button for 30 seconds, but this hasn't worked. Grateful for any advice.

curt jugg, May 2, 2019
Thema:

New laptop battery, sudden shut down on 54 percent charge without warning

1. New laptop battery, sudden shut down on 54 percent charge without warning - Similar Threads - laptop battery sudden

2. Laptop shutting down without warning for low battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shutting down without warning for low battery: I am having an issue with my laptop since it shuts down when battery is low but there is no low battery popup to indicate.Moreover if i change the power plan setting and set the laptop to sleep when battery is below 15% it still don't work and laptop just shuts down. I am...
  3. Laptop shutting down without warning for low battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shutting down without warning for low battery: I am having an issue with my laptop since it shuts down when battery is low but there is no low battery popup to indicate.Moreover if i change the power plan setting and set the laptop to sleep when battery is below 15% it still don't work and laptop just shuts down. I am...
  4. Laptop shutting down without warning for low battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My laptop's shutting down when battery is at 35% it shuts down without any warning.

My laptop's shutting down when battery is at 35% it shuts down without any warning.: My laptop shutting down when battery level comes to 30-40% without any warning it shuts down i know that it warns when the battery level comes to 15% but my laptop doesn't even come to 15% it shuts down before that like when it's 35% . Please I want to know that is it windows...
  6. My laptop's shutting down when battery is at 35% it shuts down without any warning.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop's shutting down when battery is at 35% it shuts down without any warning.: My laptop shutting down when battery level comes to 30-40% without any warning it shuts down i know that it warns when the battery level comes to 15% but my laptop doesn't even come to 15% it shuts down before that like when it's 35% . Please I want to know that is it windows...
  7. My laptop's shutting down when battery is at 35% it shuts down without any warning.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Laptop shuts down without warning

Laptop shuts down without warning: My Windows 10 Home Basic laptop has been shutting down without any warnings or even a shutting down message, just blanks out and loss of power. Then it does not power on until I plug it in with a charger. And once after it is plugged in, it boots up and suddenly the battery...
  9. My Laptop Shutting Down in sudden without warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop Shutting Down in sudden without warning: I have HP probook 430 g1 laptop, and when it's battery comes down arround 20% Then it's goes shutdown without warning. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-shutting-down-in-sudden-without-warning/94911e78-fa58-4669-bd5b-b32475124ef0
  10. Laptop shuts down at low battery warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down at low battery warning: This started a week or two ago, where instead of my laptop giving me the low battery warning, and I can continue to use it after I plug it in, it just shuts down instead of giving me said warning. Any way to fix this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp 2ew63ua sudden shut down 30% battery

2. windows 10 suddenly shutdown