Windows 10: New Laptop but Cortana won't open

Discus and support New Laptop but Cortana won't open in Cortana to solve the problem; When I click on the circle I get "This app can't open. Check the Windows Store for more info about Cortana." The Windows Store says it's installed but... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by DialM4Speed, Feb 10, 2021.

1. New Laptop but Cortana won't open

When I click on the circle I get "This app can't open. Check the Windows Store for more info about Cortana." The Windows Store says it's installed but when I click "Launch" I get the same message.

:)

DialM4Speed, Feb 10, 2021

2. cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 10, 2021
  3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 10, 2021
  4. tops Win User

New Laptop but Cortana won't open

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

New Laptop but Cortana won't open

1. New Laptop but Cortana won't open - Similar Threads - Laptop Cortana won't

2. Cortana won't open apps on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana won't open apps on Windows 11: When I say "Cortana, open Word", she replies "I'm sorry but I can't help with that.".The same goes when using command to open any other app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-wont-open-apps-on-windows-11/dbfb4aa2-2f10-463e-be47-8f43db4978a1
  3. New laptop won't open some certain webpages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop won't open some certain webpages: I just got a new laptop with Windows 11 and it connects with internet and I'm able to use Google, go to YouTube etc, but it won't let me sign in to my Microsoft account in any way, it just says something went wrong. It seems like Microsoft problem, but then again I also...
  4. New laptop won't open some certain webpages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New laptop won't open some certain webpages: I just got a new laptop with Windows 11 and it connects with internet and I'm able to use Google, go to YouTube etc, but it won't let me sign in to my Microsoft account in any way, it just says something went wrong. It seems like Microsoft problem, but then again I also...
  5. Search Not working and Cortana Won't Open

in Cortana
    Search Not working and Cortana Won't Open: Windows Search will not work on my computer. I cannot access Cortana settings. I cannot access the "about" screen to find out which version of windows 10 is running. I have reset the troubleshooting index for search. It does not find any known issues. Windows Updates...
  6. cortana won't open word

in Cortana
    cortana won't open word: I asked her to open word but she said sorry I can't help with that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-wont-open-word/735b3318-5d5a-4acc-a91d-8cd00968a407
  7. Cortana won't open any apps.

in Cortana
    Cortana won't open any apps.: I have an issue where Cortana won't do pretty much anything I say. All she does is just do bing searches, she cannot even set reminders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-wont-open-any-apps/f46b8441-d8b4-4de2-aa1b-a1c3e019da6f
  8. new laptop opens in Cortana, can't escape

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new laptop opens in Cortana, can't escape: A new Asus laptop arrived today; I plugged it in, turned it on without examining what was on the screen, and started the three-hour battery charge. When I looked at it a while later, a Microsoft Cortana Setting Up Your Account page was on the screen and I can't get out of it....
  9. Cortana won't open programs

in Cortana
    Cortana won't open programs: I upgraded my Windows 10 to version 2004. After that I open some apps from cortana. And after that I also updated cortana applications. After that I can't open apps from cortana...
  10. Cortana says it will open word, but won't

in Cortana
    Cortana says it will open word, but won't: *I have a system running with French as the main language, sentences I put here are translations* Hey, I've been toying with Cortana, and enabled 'Hey Cortana'. I've been trying to use it to open Microsoft Word 2016 lately, but witnessed something strange. At first I...