Windows 10: New laptop but USB issues

Discus and support New laptop but USB issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a new Lenovo ideapad with Windows 10 but it won't open my external harddrive or recognise my Samsung phone. What can I do to remedy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DappaOne, Apr 2, 2019.

1. DappaOne Win User

New laptop but USB issues

Hello,

I have a new Lenovo ideapad with Windows 10 but it won't open my external harddrive or recognise my Samsung phone. What can I do to remedy this? Is it a Windows 10 issue or a laptop issue?

Many thanks for any help.

:)

DappaOne, Apr 2, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

No Usb 2.0 on new HP laptop.

Hi John,

There are several reasons why you are having issues accessing the pictures on your 2 external hard drives. To isolate the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you tried using another USB cable on your external hard drives and see if you will still experience the same issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried to connect your external hard drive to other computers beside your desktop PC and HP laptop?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Apr 2, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 2, 2019
  4. New laptop but USB issues

Issue with USB ports turning off

Hi Mattx1,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Does the issue occur with all the USB devices plugged in to the PC?
    2. Does the issue occur when you plug in the USB device to any of the UISB port on the PC?
    3. Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Let us try these steps one by one to check if that makes any difference.

Step 1: Suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and check if that helps.

1. From the Settings screen, choose Update & Security.
    2. Select Troubleshoot. Look for Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and run it.
    3. Follow the on-screen direction to complete the process and if required please apply the fix it.
    4. Once it is done, please reboot the computer and check the status.

Step 2: Suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers on the PC to check if that helps.

1. Press ‘Windows + R’ keys, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in run window and press Enter.
    2. In Device Manager, expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".
    3. Right click a device under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" and click uninstall.
    4. Perform same step for other devices. When completed, restart the computer.
    All USB controllers will reinstall automatically.

Article for Reference.

Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17614/automatically-diagnose-and-fix-windows-usb-problems

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

New laptop but USB issues

1. New laptop but USB issues - Similar Threads - laptop USB issues

2. USB keyboard to Laptop Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB keyboard to Laptop Issue: Hi assistant team,I connected my USB keyboard to my laptop, but the numpad doesn't work. The Numlock button doesn't light up fully and is stuck between on and off.Is there any setting in the windows to allow my keyboard to use numbers?...
  3. USB keyboard to Laptop Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB keyboard to Laptop Issue: Hi assistant team,I connected my USB keyboard to my laptop, but the numpad doesn't work. The Numlock button doesn't light up fully and is stuck between on and off.Is there any setting in the windows to allow my keyboard to use numbers?...
  4. Issues with new laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with new laptop: Earlier today I had gotten a new Lenovo Legion laptop. I was using it and noticed every time I pressed either the capslock or numlock button an indicator would pop up on screen. Is there any way of turning this off? I’ve already tried the following:Looking in control center...
  5. Restart issue with new laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart issue with new laptop: I just got a new laptop, last Wednesday, but every few minutes it just restarts, I've look at the event viewer and haven't seen anything and I have also run diagnostics on my hardware and haven't found anything. I've tried reinstalling Windows but that doesn't help. The model...
  6. Phono with USB to Laptop Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Phono with USB to Laptop Issue: I am having an issue when trying to record albums using USB to a laptop. I am using a Sony PS-LX310Bt Phono using USB to a Dell Inspiron Laptop with Windows 10. Everything on the system was working fine to the point when I added the USB Cable. The USB Audio Codec did...
  7. New Laptop with BSOD Issues

New Laptop with BSOD Issues: I recently purchased a Lenovo Legion in August but I've encountered 4 BSOD issues since twice in Aygyst, once in September. They don't happen in intervals nor when running a specific program so I can't pinpoint the problem. It happened again today and I'd like to check if...
  8. debug issue on new laptop

debug issue on new laptop: I bought my windows inspiron15 5000 and just after two days i have been getting the debug icon on the desktop. How do I resolve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/debug-issue-on-new-laptop/2b1b541a-dd09-4112-a0e7-366401c079a7
  9. Teredo issue with new laptop

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Teredo issue with new laptop: Teredo issue with new laptop, can't play online with Xbox app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/teredo-issue-with-new-laptop/540a8757-3727-40bb-be59-d38b0205f656
  10. New laptop issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New laptop issues: Just recently purchased a new ASUS laptop with Windows 10 and I keep repeatly getting a popup message from Windows giving me the option to either delete all apps from my computer and save my personal files, or to delete all apps and personal files from my computer. There is...