Windows 10: New Laptop - Cannot Activate Windows and Cannot Escape S Mode!

Discus and support New Laptop - Cannot Activate Windows and Cannot Escape S Mode! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Needing Assistance escaping S Mode Hell! I bought a NEW Lenovo laptop from a retail store at Xmas. It should have come with Windows 10 Pre-installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Sharon#99, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Sharon#99 Win User

New Laptop - Cannot Activate Windows and Cannot Escape S Mode!

Needing Assistance escaping S Mode Hell!

I bought a NEW Lenovo laptop from a retail store at Xmas. It should have come with Windows 10 Pre-installed but it is still asking to be activated. When I attempt to activate it in the settings section, I just keep getting different error codes. Troubleshooting doesn't help.

So I tried to get out of S Mode so I could at least run the Command Prompt and obtain the installed Win 10 Activation code that way but when I go to the Windows Store, I can never see the Get button on the S Mode page. Nor does the option to switch out of S mode appear in the Activation section in Windows like it should.

I keep going around in circles! I've tried every Troubleshooter possible. Like I said, I can't access the Command Prompt, or the Powershell because S mode doesn't allow that. I don't have the packaging any longer. All updates have been done in both Windows and the Windows Store apps. I have even tried disabling my firewall and Windows Defender. I can't even load any exe programs to assist eg: Belarc.

I am saving a full System Restore/Factory Settings as the final option although I have the feeling that it perhaps won't solve the issue either. I tried the re-settings Windows and keeping all files option but no joy there. I've tried searching the Bios but couldn't see the key there either.

I've tried all I can think of and my old laptop is rapidly nearing it's end of life cycle. Hoping somebody can suggest a fix for either the activation of Windows or getting me out of S mode so I can find the key myself.

Cheers!

:)

Sharon#99, Jan 27, 2021

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 27, 2021
  3. activate windows on new laptop

Leprechaun J, Jan 27, 2021
  4. New Laptop - Cannot Activate Windows and Cannot Escape S Mode!

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

New Laptop - Cannot Activate Windows and Cannot Escape S Mode!

1. New Laptop - Cannot Activate Windows and Cannot Escape S Mode! - Similar Threads - Laptop Cannot Activate

2. windows 11 home on new asus laptop - cannot switch off s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 home on new asus laptop - cannot switch off s mode: hello there,i tried to switch off s mode on my new Asus windows 11 home, in all possible ways, but everytime i follow the instructions, i get the prompt: Sorry, something went wrong. We're trying to make it right. Please refresh or try again later. How can I solve this...
  3. windows 11 home on new asus laptop - cannot switch off s mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 home on new asus laptop - cannot switch off s mode: hello there,i tried to switch off s mode on my new Asus windows 11 home, in all possible ways, but everytime i follow the instructions, i get the prompt: Sorry, something went wrong. We're trying to make it right. Please refresh or try again later. How can I solve this...
  4. New Asus laptop - cannot switch out of S Mode

New Asus laptop - cannot switch out of S Mode: So purchased a new laptop today and lo and behold I can barely run anything due to not being able to switch out of S mode.I have tried everything available to me:resetting MS Storelogging in and out of MS Storerestarting Windows Update serviceChanging region to USResetting...
  5. New Asus laptop - cannot switch out of S Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Asus laptop - cannot switch out of S Mode: So purchased a new laptop today and lo and behold I can barely run anything due to not being able to switch out of S mode.I have tried everything available to me:resetting MS Storelogging in and out of MS Storerestarting Windows Update serviceChanging region to USResetting...
  6. I have a new laptop and cannot switch off S mode!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a new laptop and cannot switch off S mode!: When I am in settings and it has the link to the store to turn S mode off, I click on it and when it opens it has the following message. ‘Try that again, something happened on our ends. Waiting a bit might help’ and it has been like that for 24 hours now!...
  7. I have a new laptop and cannot switch off S mode!

I have a new laptop and cannot switch off S mode!: When I am in settings and it has the link to the store to turn S mode off, I click on it and when it opens it has the following message. ‘Try that again, something happened on our ends. Waiting a bit might help’ and it has been like that for 24 hours now!...
  8. Can't escape Windows 10 S mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't escape Windows 10 S mode: Please read whole post before responding. Normal escape from S mode instructions are not working. I found myself in S mode very suddenly while working on my laptop. Very bizarre. So I rebooted multiple times and still in S mode. When through the activation window...
  9. Cannot escape WinPE bootloop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot escape WinPE bootloop: So, I've got what I think is a unique issue. I'm dead ass stuck in a bootloop that I think is of my own doing. I work for an air quality monitoring company who uses a vendor, Agilaire, to maintain continuous emission monitoring systems. When the Agilaire system booted...
  10. windows 10 in s mode also cannot activate after updating and using a new computer as the...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 in s mode also cannot activate after updating and using a new computer as the...: Please help windows 10 in s mode, also cannot activate after updating and using a new computer as the old one has been destroyed. Cannot find the product key. I have also lost one drive which has all my photos...