Windows 10: New laptop configuration, remotely

Discus and support New laptop configuration, remotely in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I attended a MS conference a few years ago where they discussed how we can remotely configure new machines. Instead of new machines being sent to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Greg Ness99, Mar 7, 2019.

1. New laptop configuration, remotely

I attended a MS conference a few years ago where they discussed how we can remotely configure new machines. Instead of new machines being sent to the IT group to configure, Dell/HP/etc would just send laptop to user, and when they log on, it would be remotely configured. What is the tool? Part of O365?

They weren't discussing group policy.

Thanks,

:)

Greg Ness99, Mar 7, 2019

2. Any suggestions on ram configuration for my new laptop

Can you guys suggest me any good ram configuration for a new laptop i am planing to buy.

Sam mendez, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Mar 7, 2019
  4. New laptop configuration, remotely

Remote desktop connectivity issues

Hello,

A factor why you're having issues remotely accessing your computer is due to settings configuration. We suggest that you refer to this article:

How to use Remote Desktop
    and follow the on-screen instructions.

About your concern regarding setting the Windows Firewall and Local Group Policy back to default, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X > Go to Control Panel.
    • In the View by: drop-down menu, select Small icons
      > Click Windows Firewall.
    • On the left side panel, hit Restore defaults.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

To restore Local Group Policy to default:

• Press Windows key + R > Enter gpedit.msc
    • Navigate to the following path on the left side panel: Local Computer Policy >
      Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates >
      All Settings
    • On the right side panel, sort the policy settings by State > Set the state from
      Enabled/Disable to Not Configured > Apply the settings.
    • Repeat the same for this path: Local Computer Policy >
      User Configuration
      > Administrative Templates >
      All Settings.

Let us know what happens after following the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Regile Reb, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

New laptop configuration, remotely

1. New laptop configuration, remotely - Similar Threads - laptop configuration remotely

2. Using an Image Copy to Configure a New Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using an Image Copy to Configure a New Laptop: Let's say I buy a new Windows 11 laptop, spend many hours configuring it with software, but eventually notice a hardware issue. I am still within the retailer's return period, so they facilitate an exchange for an identical laptop i.e. same brand and model with matching CPU,...
  3. Using an Image Copy to Configure a New Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using an Image Copy to Configure a New Laptop: Let's say I buy a new Windows 11 laptop, spend many hours configuring it with software, but eventually notice a hardware issue. I am still within the retailer's return period, so they facilitate an exchange for an identical laptop i.e. same brand and model with matching CPU,...
  4. Remote Desktop Configuration Windows 11 -

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Configuration Windows 11 -: I am trying to set up a remote desktop connection between 2 machines on my lan. One client is to be used as a music streamer and the other will be a notebook that will connect via RDP. Each time I attempt a connection I get a Windows Security popup asking for RD Gateway...
  5. Remote Desktop Configuration Windows 11 -

Remote Desktop Configuration Windows 11 -: I am trying to set up a remote desktop connection between 2 machines on my lan. One client is to be used as a music streamer and the other will be a notebook that will connect via RDP. Each time I attempt a connection I get a Windows Security popup asking for RD Gateway...
  6. Routing and Remote Access Service Configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Routing and Remote Access Service Configuration: Hi all ,After configuring a RRAS service on 2019 windows server, I was able to have an internet access from the server, but I am not able to ping any of RRAS clients even though I can ping the server IP, not able also to reach any local service, The IPv4 router checkbox is...
  7. Routing and Remote Access Service Configuration

Routing and Remote Access Service Configuration: Hi all ,After configuring a RRAS service on 2019 windows server, I was able to have an internet access from the server, but I am not able to ping any of RRAS clients even though I can ping the server IP, not able also to reach any local service, The IPv4 router checkbox is...
  8. Routing and Remote Access Service Configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. New laptop remote access issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New laptop remote access issues: Hi My friend has just bought a new Acer laptop and I'm trying to connect to it using Team Viewer so I can set it up for her The problem is that her computer is not letting team viewer or any other program initiate a remote connection. When team viewer is started the...
  10. configure media remote

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    configure media remote: ok im not sure if this allowed in this thread so apologize if this is in wrong thread. recently bought a media center remote which also acts as a air mouse, got it from a chinese warehouse so its none branded. seems to work ok out of the box but there is a handful of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. configuration of new laptop