Windows 10: New laptop crashing and hanging up

Discus and support New laptop crashing and hanging up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My new ASUS Vivobook 15 keeps hanging up and, briefly, crashing just a few days after purchase. When I ran a troubleshooter, it said there was a liver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jwhitlow1994, Dec 19, 2019.

1. New laptop crashing and hanging up

My new ASUS Vivobook 15 keeps hanging up and, briefly, crashing just a few days after purchase. When I ran a troubleshooter, it said there was a liver kernel event, error code 193, and that it was a hardware failure. I primarily use this computer to surf the internet and do work, which is a problem when half the time Firefox freezes the whole computer and I lose a couple of minutes waiting for the ctrl+alt+delete task manager to appear or it briefly shuts down. The troubleshooter also specified this as a hardware problem, but I couldn't find anyone else who has this issue.

My trackpad also freaks out sometimes and spasms around the screen clicking, even though my fingers aren't on it, but that's secondary to the annoyance of random shutdowns and sluggish speeds on a brand new computer.

The computer has a sizable solid-state drive and 16gb of RAM. I only downloaded Firefox — nothing else — so I don't know what the issue could be. Is this a problem I can't fix, or is there a way to get around it?

:)

jwhitlow1994, Dec 19, 2019
  2. BCYTECH Win User

Laptop Hangs and Crash

So today my laptop has crashed and hang twice...

Basically, I didn't run much application

Only Google Chrome (with one downloading audio file) and also a Powerpoint open and a few folders...

So i have no idea what happen that cause it to hang but seems like i have a theory.

Could it be the cause of massive utilize of RAM for downloading my audio file because it is more than 50MB therefore the computer starts to hang?

Any suggestions?

BCYTECH, Dec 19, 2019
  3. HD 2600XT Hangs and Crashes

I can probably play cod4 or any other game really for about 45-60 minutes before my system hangs and my card crashes and my screen goes blank, i know its only my card because my system doesnt restart, my card fan stops running on full from its riva override, and soon thereafter my screen comes back on in 800x600 and i cant access the card's drivers to change the res or anything, so when it hangs and crashes i just resort to manually restarting.

one thing i think i could try is to bite the bit and install the latest drivers, i've been holding off on that.

but if there's anything else anyone can think of, or if someone has had the same problem as me. go for it and give me some suggestions.

in before buy the 4870. (already on my wish list)

xstayxtruex, Dec 19, 2019
  4. peach1971 Win User

New laptop crashing and hanging up

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

New laptop crashing and hanging up

1. New laptop crashing and hanging up - Similar Threads - laptop crashing hanging

2. Laptop hanging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop hanging: Hi,My laptop got frozed while I was working on it and as it haven't responded I long pressed the power button and when i restartes the windows it started showing blue screen with different errors every time when I restart the laptop the error changes the errors were thread...
  3. New laptop setup - hangs at PIN creation

in Cortana
    New laptop setup - hangs at PIN creation: I am setting up a Chuwi Hero Book with Windows 10. I get through the first setup steps fine, but when I get to setting up the PIN, it hangs up at the "Just A Moment" blue screen. I can't get it to go any further, and when Cortana asks if I want to set up a PIN (I don't) I...
  4. Context Menu "New" hanging up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Context Menu "New" hanging up: I still have an issue with my Context Menu "New" hanging up; when will MS fix that one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu-new-hanging-up/19975061-5d82-4645-9a4e-1368f0414077
  5. New laptop Hard Hang while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop Hard Hang while gaming: Received the laptop back from service centre, where I asked them to Fix for Event viewer error; Event ID 13, ACPI error and Event ID 37, Speed Of Processor X in Group 0 is being limited by System Firmware. They changed the whole motherboard for me and when i got back those...
  6. New laptop Hard Hang while gaming

in Windows 10 Support
    New laptop Hard Hang while gaming: Received the laptop back from service centre, where I asked them to Fix for Event viewer error; Event ID 13, ACPI error and Event ID 37, Speed Of Processor X in Group 0 is being limited by System Firmware. They changed the whole motherboard for me and when i got back those...
  7. Laptop hangs up when idle

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop hangs up when idle: Hi, My laptop casually hangs up when I am not using it for example it is on stand by, the moment I use it again it hangs up. Performed tweaks but the issue remains it was after an update and it went like this. Any recommendation on this one? Thanks, Mike 114178
  8. Bsod/hangs/crashes, win7+win10, new build

Bsod/hangs/crashes, win7+win10, new build: Hello Tenforums, yesterday I finished building this PC on all new hardware aside from my videocard and PSU. Since then I’ve had a wide range of issues. I initially started on a Windows 7 installation where I was experiencing a wide range on issues. Freezes seemed to occur...
  9. System Hang/Crash and Fan spin up

System Hang/Crash and Fan spin up: Hi Everyone, I've been having an intermittent problem where the computer will completely hang -black screen, no mouse/keyboard control, reset button doesn't work, only long hold of the power button turns it off. When this happens the fan also spins up from basically...
  10. Brand new HDD hanging up, causing BSOD and Windows crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    Brand new HDD hanging up, causing BSOD and Windows crashes: Hey guys! So, I have been dealing with a lot of problems related to hard drives this last week. My main HDD died on me after 2 years or so, and I got a brand new Seagate 1TB today and for my surprise the same problems appeared. The hard drive do an usual noise like an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new laptop hanging