Windows 10: New laptop disk management

Discus and support New laptop disk management in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have bought an laptop with 512 Gbs of SSD. Laptop without any OS. When I will install Windows should I divide the 512Gbs into two separates disk like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DISS2, May 23, 2022.

1. /u/DISS2 Win User

New laptop disk management

I have bought an laptop with 512 Gbs of SSD. Laptop without any OS. When I will install Windows should I divide the 512Gbs into two separates disk like C and D for system and for all other things. And if yes how many I should left for the disk with a system and how many for the rest?

submitted by /u/DISS2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DISS2, May 23, 2022

2. Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, May 23, 2022
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue New laptop disk management :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, May 23, 2022
  4. New laptop disk management

Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of

or...

This will do it for you

Step 1: Download this zip file (contains dmDskmgr-vd.mmc)

dmDskmgr-vd.zip
    Step 2: Double click dmDskmgr-vd.zip to open the compressed folder
    Double click dmDskmgr-vd.mmc to launch the custom Disk Management console

Press Alt+PrtScn to grab a snapshot of just the Disk Management window
    Open Paint and Ctrl+V to paste it, then save the image
    Attach the image to a new post.

Slartybart, May 23, 2022
Thema:

New laptop disk management

1. New laptop disk management - Similar Threads - laptop disk management

2. Windows boot manager - Add new disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows boot manager - Add new disk: Hi team. Can you bring me some documentation. I have a win10 installed in a M2-nvm disk The BIOS only shows me one option to boot: Windows boot manager. I want to add another disk and install Linux. So then I'd like to choose between the win10 disk and the linux disk. When I...
  3. Windows boot manager - Add new disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows boot manager - Add new disk: Hi team. Can you bring me some documentation. I have a win10 installed in a M2-nvm disk The BIOS only shows me one option to boot: Windows boot manager. I want to add another disk and install Linux. So then I'd like to choose between the win10 disk and the linux disk. When I...
  4. Does not show unallocated disk on disk management for a new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does not show unallocated disk on disk management for a new SSD: I have installed a new SSD. On my bios setting it show a new SATA drive, but disk management does not show any of unallocated disk so that I was enable to initialise it. What can I do? Please help me....
  5. Does not show unallocated disk on disk management for a new SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does not show unallocated disk on disk management for a new SSD: I have installed a new SSD. On my bios setting it show a new SATA drive, but disk management does not show any of unallocated disk so that I was enable to initialise it. What can I do? Please help me....
  6. Does not show unallocated disk on disk management for a new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Disk errors on new Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk errors on new Laptop: I got a new laptop two weeks ago, and created hard disk partitions. for the last almost 10 days, the disk randomly asks me to scan for drive errors when I boot the laptop. I looked everything up but can't find a solution here. Ran chkdsk multiple times, and sometimes it finds...
  8. Disk errors on new Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk errors on new Laptop: I got a new laptop two weeks ago, and created hard disk partitions. for the last almost 10 days, the disk randomly asks me to scan for drive errors when I boot the laptop. I looked everything up but can't find a solution here. Ran chkdsk multiple times, and sometimes it finds...
  9. Disk errors on new Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. New Samsung SSD not seen by Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Samsung SSD not seen by Disk Manager: Bios sees the new SSD, device manager sees the new SSD, but Disk Manager is blind! Device manager says SSD is working properly and has the best Driver. I can't seem to find an answer as to why the new SSD is not seen by the Disk Manager. I cannot Initialize the SSD because...