Windows 10: New laptop display shows wrong colours and changing ICC profile doesn't do anything

Discus and support New laptop display shows wrong colours and changing ICC profile doesn't do anything in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I'm here to ask you a little hand to solve an annoying problem with my laptop display's colour profile. It's driving me crazy because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/isthisagoodusername9, Sep 21, 2020.

1. New laptop display shows wrong colours and changing ICC profile doesn't do anything

Hello everyone, I'm here to ask you a little hand to solve an annoying problem with my laptop display's colour profile. It's driving me crazy because I can't find a proper solution even after various attempts and researches in internet.

My brand new (literally, it arrived two day ago) laptop is an Asus Zenbook 15 UX534FTC-A8110T. Just to clarify, it's the model with the screenpad and 1080p display. Everything, like Windows 10 and Intel drivers, is up to date.

So, to summarize, the display is bad calibrated out of the box and there's a sort of greenish/yellowish cast on all colours. The colors shown are way different from my old laptop's display (not calibrated) and my phone, which they are quite similar between them. I tried to use Windows Colour Calibration tool but the results are not satisfying. With calibrize I tried to achieve the colours I need (which are far from perfect but they improve the situation) through an ICC profile but it won't load. I tried to set the custom profile as system default with Colour Management but nothing happens. The colours won't change even after a reboot. It seems like there's something that prevents that change.

Btw I honestly don't know if Intel software or driver blocks every changes in terms of colours or not. Funny thing about that, I played with the hue and saturation slides inside Intel Control Panel and the changes I do are saved and permanent. Instead, if I play just with RGB slides (R,G,B single slides), the changes I apply will disappear and everything returns to default after a reboot. If someone knows why it's impossible for me to change ICC or colours I would be really grateful.

Lastly, through Colour Management program and playing with ICC profiles, I was able to change the way Colour managed Applications interprete colour and images. For example, Adobe Lightroom now shows the correct colours but the entire windows system (desktop and everything else) is still not affected by those ICC profiles and everything stays the same. Is there a way to affect everything and set the right colours? Maybe uninstalling Intel Control Manager and MyAsus app (with inside Asus Splendid Utility) is worth a try?

I really don't know what else to do. Probably I'm missing something important here and that's why I don't understand and I can't fix this issue. Pls guys help me because this is really annoying. Thank you all

submitted by /u/isthisagoodusername9
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/isthisagoodusername9, Sep 21, 2020
  2. dsykes34 Win User

ICC colour profiles

I want to remove a yellowish tint from my laptop screen -

LG Display

LP173WF4-SPF5

I have added a few ICC profiles but the colours look exactly the same, is this possible with laptop screens

or is it just for monitors?

dsykes34, Sep 21, 2020
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Changing icc profiles in Colour management with no effect

You didn't mention what tools you are using for calibration, or if you have created an ICC profile using a calibration tool.

My experience with printing photos or working with images is limited, and my monitor colour calibrations are more for

game enhancement rather than accuracy, but...

Very few monitors come with completely accurate calibration out of the box, and the accuracy can vary between units.

To get a truly accurate profile for professional use you probably need to use a colour calibration 'spyder' to create your own ICC

rather than eye-balling colour charts (my option).

Have you calibrated the colour using the BENQ OSD ?

Have you downloaded an ICC profile for your model BENQ, or are you trying to use the default one's provided by Windows

(Or -Does BENQ provide an ICC on a disk, or a download from their site ) ?

I've found a lot of ICC's make barely perceptible changes, which I suppose is a good thing when it comes to printing ?

- TFT Central has ICC profiles, reviews, and a Forum where you are more likely to get suggestions regarding your particular monitor.

Reviews generally calibrate using a tool, and give the OSD settings they find most accurate, which you can use to start from.

(Oops. No profile for your model. You can still access their forums/reviews from this page though)

ICC Profiles and Monitor Settings Database

A couple of guides/review you may find something useful in...

BenQ SW2700PT monitor review

( maybe a bit of an infomercial )

Calibrating BenQ SW Series Monitors with Palette… | Image Science

- Two calibration charts for 'eye balling' the colour without using a spyder.

(It says 'on line' but has a option for you to download the charts to use off line as well.)

:: Online Monitor test - Your free online TV and monitor test tool - By vanity.dk and flatpanels.dk

Gamma calibration - Lagom LCD test

- Color Profile Keeper loads your ICC when you boot into Windows, and is a handy tool for saving your ICC profile

should Windows change the calibration for one reason or another. Which does happen now and then.

CPKeeper (Color Profile Keeper)

( I also keep a shortcut to the settings.ini file on the Start menu as there is a minor issue of a tendency for the program to

default back to displaying the UI when you boot into Windows rather than minimise it to the Notification Area.

It's a simple matter of changing minimised=0 back to 1, and doesn't happen often. )

BossDweeb, Sep 21, 2020
  4. FX-GMC Win User

New laptop display shows wrong colours and changing ICC profile doesn't do anything

Can't seem to use ICC profile

Try the following guide (specifically the last part):

FX-GMC, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

New laptop display shows wrong colours and changing ICC profile doesn't do anything

1. New laptop display shows wrong colours and changing ICC profile doesn't do anything - Similar Threads - laptop display shows

2. Windows Photo App - Corsair ICC profile - Viewer showing wrong colors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photo App - Corsair ICC profile - Viewer showing wrong colors: Hello community,i am struggling with this issue since some time now.I started my journey here where i asked why my Photo Viewer app is showing broken...
  3. Windows Photo App - Corsair ICC profile - Viewer showing wrong colors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photo App - Corsair ICC profile - Viewer showing wrong colors: Hello community,i am struggling with this issue since some time now.I started my journey here where i asked why my Photo Viewer app is showing broken...
  4. ICC color profile doesn't work on printer Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ICC color profile doesn't work on printer Win11: Hello everybody,I got an ICC color profile for my printer and assigned it to my printer using Windows' "Color Management", but there is no change in the printout. My printer driver HP MFP479 doesn't have built-in options to apply color profiling. But as far as I know, when I...
  5. ICC color profile doesn't work on printer Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ICC color profile doesn't work on printer Win11: Hello everybody,I got an ICC color profile for my printer and assigned it to my printer using Windows' "Color Management", but there is no change in the printout. My printer driver HP MFP479 doesn't have built-in options to apply color profiling. But as far as I know, when I...
  6. ICC Profile for Monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ICC Profile for Monitor?: I’ve never used an ICC Profile before and I’ve successfully added a profile as default but nothing changed on the monitor. I looked at my monitor’s picture setting and nothing has changed there. Am I missing something? When I added the ICC profile I figured it would change my...
  7. laptop doesn't boot or display anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop doesn't boot or display anything: I got blue screen, when i plucked out usb connecting my raspberry pi. the laptop didnt restarted after getting to 100%. so i pressed the power button and when I switched it again, the screen is blank, the keyboard isn't working cant access the bios but the fan's working.. Im...
  8. ICC colour profiles

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ICC colour profiles: I want to remove a yellowish tint from my laptop screen - LG Display LP173WF4-SPF5 I have added a few ICC profiles but the colours look exactly the same, is this possible with laptop screens or is it just for monitors?...
  9. Win 10 - Colour change on Laptop display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 - Colour change on Laptop display: I have HP Spectre laptop. Have just taken it on holiday and find the display has appeared to change the colour calibration of all the photos I have downloaded from camera. The sky has gone purple and the yellows gone green Reds appear to have changed slightly . I use Autocad...
  10. Using Two ICC Colour Profiles With Two Displays

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Two ICC Colour Profiles With Two Displays: Hi, I have 2 monitors hooked to my r9 380x, the main in my desktop Its for photography work and the second (Its an lcd tv actually) Its mainly used for watching movies and gaming. The thing Is I have my "working" monitor calibrated and profiled (with an x-rite i1 Display...