Windows 10: New laptop doesn't sign in to Microsoft account

Discus and support New laptop doesn't sign in to Microsoft account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just got an HP 15.6" laptop, and it has updated to Windows 10 1803. I opened the laptop with my local account, but now when I try to change to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wondermuse, Dec 13, 2018.

1. New laptop doesn't sign in to Microsoft account

I just got an HP 15.6" laptop, and it has updated to Windows 10 1803. I opened the laptop with my local account, but now when I try to change to my Microsoft account it won't.

I go to Accounts and then click on Sign in with a Microsoft account. Everything is fine. It accepts my log in, but then it asks for my password 'one last time', that's when I get a message saying the password is 'incorrect'; even though it was just accepted.

I have tried several times. I have even changed my Microsoft account password, but it still does the same thing at confirmation of password; password is 'incorrect'.

Oops! So sorry. I see now it says "Current Password", and it wants my local password.

Sorry for the bother.

Thanks.

:)

wondermuse, Dec 13, 2018

2. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Creating or signing in to microsoft account

Hi Gloria,

The error code that your are getting when adding an account is usually caused by the following:

• Your phone has an incorrect date and time set.
    • You do not have a data connection.
    • Your phone is in a "bad state."
    We suggest that you follow the steps on this link to set up your Microsoft
    Account on your device.

Keep us posted for further assistance.

Regards.

Marcel Dio, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Teokute Win User

New laptop doesn't sign in to Microsoft account

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. New laptop doesn't sign in to Microsoft account :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

New laptop doesn't sign in to Microsoft account

1. New laptop doesn't sign in to Microsoft account - Similar Threads - laptop doesn't sign

2. Unable to sign in to new laptop with a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign in to new laptop with a Microsoft account: Hi Team, Trying to set-up a new laptop with a new microsoft account. Have set up a new hotmail account but unable to sign-in . The laptop asks to setup a PIN and when I try to, its says - something went wrong and try again or set-up later. When I click “skip for now” it just...
  3. Unable to sign in to new laptop with a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to sign in to new laptop with a Microsoft account: Hi Team, Trying to set-up a new laptop with a new microsoft account. Have set up a new hotmail account but unable to sign-in . The laptop asks to setup a PIN and when I try to, its says - something went wrong and try again or set-up later. When I click “skip for now” it just...
  4. Unable to sign in my Microsoft account in my new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign in my Microsoft account in my new laptop: I ma unable to sign in my microsoft account in my new laptop. It keeps on telling that there is no such account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-sign-in-my-microsoft-account-in-my-new/cf341b3e-3a07-441b-8b19-d1429b0618ec
  5. Unable to sign in my Microsoft account in my new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to sign in my Microsoft account in my new laptop: I ma unable to sign in my microsoft account in my new laptop. It keeps on telling that there is no such account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-sign-in-my-microsoft-account-in-my-new/cf341b3e-3a07-441b-8b19-d1429b0618ec
  6. Sign on new computer with microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign on new computer with microsoft account: Hello,I have a new computer. I signed in using a pin. I want to sign in using my microsoft account like I did on my old computer. How do I do this? Last time a support person took over my computer and set it up so that when I signed in I had a choice, to use my pin or to use...
  7. Signing in my account on new laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Signing in my account on new laptop: Hello, I recently bought a new laptop, the Dell Inspiron 14 5000 series. The sellers opened the laptop to set up some of the software. When I got back a local account was already made. When I try signing in to my account, the first two steps go well. However, in the...
  8. New Laptop unable to sign into Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    New Laptop unable to sign into Microsoft account: I recently bought a new laptop and I'm trying to set up the local account to be linked to my Microsoft account. However, I am unable to sign into the computer using my Microsoft account. When it prompts me for my Windows account password for the second time, it says that "the...
  9. Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant doesn't work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant doesn't work: I couldn't sign in my microsoft account from windows 10, the sign in window doesn't pop up and asks me to find an app in the microsoft to continue and there was no app shown as well. The account sign in assistant was enabled from service.msc, but the sign in window still...
  10. Account doesn't sign in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Account doesn't sign in: When I sign into my microsoft account, instead of getting my usual desktop, I get what looks like the visitors desktop, all the settings are reset back to normal, but there are some shortcuts on the desktop from my original account and my wife's account. I get a blue box...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window account on laptop doesnt sign in

2. sign in to microsoft account for new dell laptop