Windows 10: new laptop. driver updates

Discus and support new laptop. driver updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi all, I have just got a new dell inspiron which has got windows S on it. the problem is I need some dell driver updates. I downloaded the dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fridge41, Oct 22, 2019.

1. fridge41 Win User

new laptop. driver updates

hi all,

I have just got a new dell inspiron which has got windows S on it. the problem is I need some dell driver updates. I downloaded the dell support assistant from windows store but this must be out of date because it tells me there is a mismatch issue. ihave tried updates through windows update to no avail. so I tried to download the assistant from dell but windows S will not let me because its not from the store. also tried to manually download the drivers from dell but gain S will not let me download. so I have a brand new laptop that needs a wifi driver that I cannot download unless I get rid of S. yes I suppose S in principal is a good idea but sometimes you have to download things from other places than windows store. should I just get rid of S????

:)

fridge41, Oct 22, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Oct 22, 2019
  3. CJCerny Win User
    Laptop driver/reformat question

This is excellent advice. Writing down the list of installed devices prior to re-formatting will save you a lot of heartache. With that list, you won't have to try to figure out exactly which wireless card or web cam driver you need since there will likely be several to choose from.

CJCerny, Oct 22, 2019
  4. new laptop. driver updates

Black Screen During Driver Update new laptop. driver updates :(

I reinstalled my laptop back to factory settings, and I wanted to update the GPU drivers. But when I try, the screen turns black during the update, but the computer is still running. I was forced to turn off the computer and turn it back on. I used system restore, so now I'm using the default drivers that came with the laptop. Can you guys suggest anything?

mrpubnoobz, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

new laptop. driver updates

1. new laptop. driver updates - Similar Threads - laptop driver updates

2. Laptop very noisy since new driver update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop very noisy since new driver update: hey windows team!i might have a serious problem. i did an optional update in my windows settings and restarted my laptop. when i turned it on and signed in, it immediately went from no sound to very very loud in about 5-7 seconds so i immediately shut my laptop down. I...
  3. Laptop very noisy since new driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop very noisy since new driver update: hey windows team!i might have a serious problem. i did an optional update in my windows settings and restarted my laptop. when i turned it on and signed in, it immediately went from no sound to very very loud in about 5-7 seconds so i immediately shut my laptop down. I...
  4. Is there a new updated way to install precision drivers on my HP laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a new updated way to install precision drivers on my HP laptop?: I have tried ways according to many of the older posts but nothing seems to work. Is there any way i can do it?? submitted by /u/thatguysss102 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hsu50u/is_there_a_new_updated_way_to_install_precision/
  5. New Firmware and Driver Updates for Surface Laptop 2 - Jan. 24

in Windows 10 News
    New Firmware and Driver Updates for Surface Laptop 2 - Jan. 24: The following updates are available for all Surface Laptop (1st Gen) devices running Windows 10 April 2018 Update, version 1803 or greater: Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Surface – System – 3.0.10.1 Surface Pen Firmware Update – System devices 3.0.10.1...
  6. New Firmware and Driver Updates for Surface Laptop - Jan. 11

in Windows 10 News
    New Firmware and Driver Updates for Surface Laptop - Jan. 11: The following updates are available for all Surface Laptop (1st Gen) devices running Windows 10 April 2018 Update, version 1803 or greater: Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Intel – Cooperation – Display 24.20.100.6293 Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 24.20.100.6293...
  7. New Firmware and Driver Updates for Surface Laptop 2 - Jan. 11

in Windows 10 News
    New Firmware and Driver Updates for Surface Laptop 2 - Jan. 11: The following updates are available for all Surface Laptop 2 devices running Windows 10 April 2018 Update, version 1803 or greater: Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Intel - Cooperation - Display - 24.20.100.6294 Intel - Cooperation - Extension- 24.20.100.6294...
  8. New Firmware and Driver Updates for Surface Laptop 2 - Oct. 23

in Windows 10 News
    New Firmware and Driver Updates for Surface Laptop 2 - Oct. 23: The following updates are available for all Surface Laptop 2 devices running Windows 10 October 2018 Update, version 1809 or greater: Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Surface – System – 3.0.10.1 Surface Pen Firmware Update – System devices 3.0.10.1 resolves...
  9. Latest update forces me to buy a new laptop/ATI drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Latest update forces me to buy a new laptop/ATI drivers: Hi, I've got an Acer laptop with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 that was state of the art back in 2010 and I can still play games like Diablo 3 and Sims 4 on it. Now I use it as a media center and it's been parked right by my TV for the last couple of years. When Windows...
  10. New Surface Laptop Drivers and Firmware Update Oct. 18

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Laptop Drivers and Firmware Update Oct. 18: October 2017 updates Oct 18 release The following updates are delivered to Surface Laptop devices on Windows 10: Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. driver update for Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter Marvell AVASTAR...