Windows 10: New laptop fails to show PP in correct aspect ratio on Epson projector

Discus and support New laptop fails to show PP in correct aspect ratio on Epson projector in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Asus Zenbook 14, Win 10, Office 2007 Epson EMP-S1 projector (only capable of 800x600 (max)) VGA cable from projector has HDMI converter at Zenbook.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tone Dialling, Apr 16, 2019.

1. New laptop fails to show PP in correct aspect ratio on Epson projector

Asus Zenbook 14, Win 10, Office 2007
    Epson EMP-S1 projector (only capable of 800x600 (max))
    VGA cable from projector has HDMI converter at Zenbook.

Using Control Panel I have chosen 'Extend these displays'; Display 2 as the projector and a resolution of 800x600 appeared automatically. The result is bleak. I have everything in sight on the laptop but only the Windows desktop on the projector. I've tried a few variations and had a look at the tutorial about multiple displays where my problem appeared not to be specifically addressed. Meanwhile in that tutorial, whenever a change of display parameter was needed, it showed a button labelled 'Apply'. No such button appeared on my Control Panel Display screen.

Clearly, I am out of my depth. Can anyone please help?
    Thanks in advance,
    Tony

:)

Tone Dialling, Apr 16, 2019
  2. YelrishUN Win User

Is there a way to correct the aspect ratio.

Is there a way to correct the aspect ratio on my computer. It is stretched sideways and everything is distorted. People look fat.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

YelrishUN, Apr 16, 2019
  3. BillLove1 Win User
    HP laptop connection to Epson projector

HP laptop connects by hardwire to Epson projector, but only my PC desktop background shows. The file I open and want to project does not show via the projector.

BillLove1, Apr 16, 2019
  4. New laptop fails to show PP in correct aspect ratio on Epson projector

Display aspect ratio

The third time through the procedure, the correct aspect ratio was restored.

Thank you.

ErnestBecking, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

New laptop fails to show PP in correct aspect ratio on Epson projector

1. New laptop fails to show PP in correct aspect ratio on Epson projector - Similar Threads - laptop fails show

2. Aspect ratio in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aspect ratio in games: I have a game on my pc that runs in a 4:3 aspect ratio and I accidentally launched it while another game that runs in a 16:9 ratio was open.Now whenever I open that latter game, it runs in a pixelated 4:3 ratio.How do I fix this. How do I set it back to 16:9....
  3. Aspect ratio in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Aspect ratio in games: I have a game on my pc that runs in a 4:3 aspect ratio and I accidentally launched it while another game that runs in a 16:9 ratio was open.Now whenever I open that latter game, it runs in a pixelated 4:3 ratio.How do I fix this. How do I set it back to 16:9....
  4. Monitor Aspect Ratio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Aspect Ratio: I'm running Windows 98 on an old Dell computer. The aspect ratio on the monitor appears to be 16:9 when I want it back to 4:3. How do I do this? Many thannks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-aspect-ratio/18bdf740-2b3e-47f9-9fe7-8bd472896925
  5. Monitor Aspect Ratio

Monitor Aspect Ratio: I'm running Windows 98 on an old Dell computer. The aspect ratio on the monitor appears to be 16:9 when I want it back to 4:3. How do I do this? Many thannks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-aspect-ratio/18bdf740-2b3e-47f9-9fe7-8bd472896925
  6. Aspect Ratio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aspect Ratio: I opened up Halo: Master Chief Collection and it first opened on my second monitor and shortly after I got it moved to my first monitor it screwed with my aspect ratio and made my icons on that screen bigger than they should be...
  7. Aspect Ratio

Aspect Ratio: I opened up Halo: Master Chief Collection and it first opened on my second monitor and shortly after I got it moved to my first monitor it screwed with my aspect ratio and made my icons on that screen bigger than they should be...
  8. Aspect Ratio Not Working Correctly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Aspect Ratio Not Working Correctly: I bought a new monitor recently that has a larger resolution than my previous one. It was 1920x1080 but now 2560x1440. Whenever I try to open a game that is able to use 4:3 aspect ratio, it used to give me black bars and place the program in the middle of my screen. Now, the...
  9. Epson Projector

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Epson Projector: When I plug my Dell laptop into the Epson EX3240 projector I can watch trailer fine. But when I click play to watch the movie the projector screen goes black and movie is only showing on laptop? I went to function key F8 and tried to switch display but it want change....
  10. Aspect Ratio (Windows10)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Aspect Ratio (Windows10): It seems that my screen is too wide for the display to not be distorted. I want to know if I can change the aspect ratio to accommodate the width of the monitor. I have already tried all the choices for resolution settings, and they are not really the problem....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. aspect ratio windows 10 to projector