Windows 10: New Laptop for Student?

Discus and support New Laptop for Student? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good morning all and I apologize if there is a more appropriate subthread: I'm looking for recommendations for a student laptop. Currently I am looking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by drkmoore1, May 4, 2021.

1. drkmoore1 Win User

New Laptop for Student?

Good morning all and I apologize if there is a more appropriate subthread: I'm looking for recommendations for a student laptop. Currently I am looking at the below three units. My typical usage is internet, moderate coding, and moderate video editing. Between the processor and RAM, I am not sure which would be expected have better performance, or if the thinkpad will last significantly longer than the ideapad justifying the price difference between the two lines. Otherwise any additional recommendations would be greatly appreciated as well. Lenovo ThinkPad T490 (Intel i7-8665U Processor, 8 GB RAM 2400MHz) Lenovo ThinkPad T14s (AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 4650U Processor, 8 GB RAM 3200MHz) Lenovo Ideapad 5 14 (AMD Ryzen 5 4500U Processor, 16 GB RAM 3200MHz) Thank you for your help!

:)

drkmoore1, May 4, 2021
  2. TChen4 Win User

Help!!! Broke our new laptop and need to transfer Office Home & Student to new laptop

Help!!!

Broke our new laptop recently and need to transfer Office Home & Student 2019 to a new laptop.

Can anyone help provide simple steps to transfer?

Thanks!

TChen4, May 5, 2021
  3. Jaylob4 Win User
    New Laptop for Student?

Hi,

My 2 pennyworth.

I know little of brands or which might be better then the other and in any case most of those opinions would be subjective.

I know your a student and having to cart this laptop around but video editing on a 14 inch screen, is it really that much more cumbersome to carry a slightly larger laptop?

I see your choices have plenty of USB 3 ports, can't have enough of those and at least 2 HDMI ports if at all possible that way you can attach a spare larger monitor or TV.

I am an AMD fan although my aging laptop is an intel 3rd gen iCore 5 affair and my PC is antique yet both still going strong.

When buying my laptop I got a bit carried away with specs and didn't consider battery life, fully charged my laptop, an ACER, 2&1/2 hours max from new so I would say battery life is and important consideration in a students life and laptop.

If my children and grandchildren are anything to go by, internal storage, what do they do with it, I would say any self respecting student can make short work of a 550gb SSD, so the more internal the better but a 2TB external backup is a must.

My LT and PC chug along happily on 4 & 8 GB of ram but 16gb of ram I think is a minimum for a students laptop although 8gb is just fine.

CPU brand and type, that debate is ceaseless but as I wrote, I like AMD and Ryzen are doing so much better then anyone ever thought but won't knock Intel but suspect my PC would come to a standstill with anything that suggests intensive so sgo for the best CPU and gen' your budget allows.

For your laptop I note you have not included a cooling stand or mat, get one.

Your choices look great, I'm not a Lenovo fan but then I'm not a Dell fan either. *Smile

Jaylob4, May 5, 2021
  4. New Laptop for Student?

Is it a good laptop for students??

Hello, recently i am looking for a laptop for myself, this sep, i will go to college. I will use it for som games, music, searching infor and so on.Do you have a good recommendations?
    My budget is under $1000.
    My friend suggested me go for this Hp 15.6" Pavilion , the price looks great. What do you think about it ? Is it suitable for our students? Is it good ?

fairytale00, May 5, 2021
Thema:

New Laptop for Student?

1. New Laptop for Student? - Similar Threads - Laptop Student

2. Hello I am a student and I need help with my Wi-Fi of my laptop because it won’t connect to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello I am a student and I need help with my Wi-Fi of my laptop because it won’t connect to...: Hello I am a student and I need help with the Wi-Fi of my laptop because it won’t connect to my phone’s hotspot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-am-a-student-and-i-need-help-with-my-wi-fi/8646364f-2de9-49ef-b7b9-e71e0cf5560f
  3. Hello I am a student and I need help with my Wi-Fi of my laptop because it won’t connect to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello I am a student and I need help with my Wi-Fi of my laptop because it won’t connect to...: Hello I am a student and I need help with the Wi-Fi of my laptop because it won’t connect to my phone’s hotspot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-am-a-student-and-i-need-help-with-my-wi-fi/8646364f-2de9-49ef-b7b9-e71e0cf5560f
  4. Hello I am a student and I need help with my Wi-Fi of my laptop because it won’t connect to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I can't add a student account to my laptop.

I can't add a student account to my laptop.: I am trying to set up a student account on my laptop and I keep getting blocked with this error message. I don't know what to check or uncheck to get this to work. I am using Windows 11 Home...
  6. I can't add a student account to my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't add a student account to my laptop.: I am trying to set up a student account on my laptop and I keep getting blocked with this error message. I don't know what to check or uncheck to get this to work. I am using Windows 11 Home...
  7. Hi I am a student working on an old laptop, I have windows 7 professional. How do I go...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi I am a student working on an old laptop, I have windows 7 professional. How do I go...: Hello, im a student working on windows 7 professional, I need to update my software so I can download some comptible software for doing my degree work, am I able to do this quickly?Any help would be appreciated....
  8. Hi I am a student working on an old laptop, I have windows 7 professional. How do I go...

Hi I am a student working on an old laptop, I have windows 7 professional. How do I go...: Hello, im a student working on windows 7 professional, I need to update my software so I can download some comptible software for doing my degree work, am I able to do this quickly?Any help would be appreciated....
  9. I am a student But I need a laptop because I can start my bussines so I can get ready For...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am a student But I need a laptop because I can start my bussines so I can get ready For...: I need a laptop because I am a student and still dont work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-a-student-but-i-need-a-laptop-because-i-can/2d7e3c7f-e8e3-4d38-bfdf-a2c64fe4129a
  10. I am a student But I need a laptop because I can start my bussines so I can get ready For...

I am a student But I need a laptop because I can start my bussines so I can get ready For...: I need a laptop because I am a student and still dont work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-a-student-but-i-need-a-laptop-because-i-can/2d7e3c7f-e8e3-4d38-bfdf-a2c64fe4129a