Windows 10: New Laptop freezes, gets black screen and fan works loud ? Sleep mode and lack of some...

Discus and support New Laptop freezes, gets black screen and fan works loud ? Sleep mode and lack of some... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey. I have an unusual problem I guess. I noticed that from time to time during browsing the internet or regular working on the laptop, it freezes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OnePerson1, Apr 17, 2021.

1. New Laptop freezes, gets black screen and fan works loud ? Sleep mode and lack of some...

Hey. I have an unusual problem I guess. I noticed that from time to time during browsing the internet or regular working on the laptop, it freezes completely, screen gets suddenly black, the fan works very loud in a rhythmical way like there are moments it doesnt work loud on the charger, or when I unplugged it during this 'freezing' it works very loud without any moment of silence. The only thing that works then is to turn off the laptop with the power button. I know that the laptop is working somehow - backlit keyboard. I don't understand why it happens during reading article or so. It's not happening often, that's for sure but I don't know what's the reason of weird freezing. The laptop is i5-11gen. During the freezing, I waited if it would work again thought about sleep mode or whatever but it didn't. I would like someone to tell me what to do? Might it be that the laptop is still pretty new? Or the problems are drivers? Updated through device manufacturer, also tried with Windows Update Or maybe in the next update for Windows 10 it will work well? I must admit I have done all updates. The other point is that it goes into sleep mode by itself, even if I turned off the option, it goes into this mode every 10-15 minutes I guess when I don't use it. The touchpad then sometimes hangs during wake up. The next, other thing is that I realised that this laptop doesn't have all settings in battery options like for example "power of the processor" which should be. Windows Defender Offline is also an option unavailable. It's weird because I even updated this laptop with Media Creation Tool and still lot of settings are missing especially in battery management. I don't know if the fix will be available in the Spring Update? Maybe that's the point the laptop doesn't work well? Might it be that the system doesn't have all options in the battery? I know all drivers are updated. Would be glad if someone would let me know or suggest me some options. And please - read the whole post :

:)

OnePerson1, Apr 17, 2021
  2. peter079 Win User

Windows 10 - Laptop freezes when I enter sleep mode

HP Pavilion 15-p008tx had the same issue of freezing up before sleep mode. The power button led stays on and the fan keeps running but the screen is black and the laptop is frozen. Hard reset was needed every time by holding power button down.

Downgrading to version 9.5.24.1790 of the Intel Management Engine Interface solved the problem.

Thank you for your help.

peter079, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Frank_S_R Win User
    Black screen after sleep mode

Hello.

I updated windows last Saturday 19th September 2020 and after leaving it in sleep mode it doesn't work anymore. The computer is running, but the screen is black. I have already tried to press ctrl+shift+windows+B, but it doesn't work. When I force it to
    shut down by pressing the power button and something weird happens: if I'm not charging the laptop, it shuts down but as soon as I turn it on again, it only shows the black screen and the computer is on; if being off I start charging it, it automatically turns
    on with the black screen. It seems that if it is charching I'm unable to force it to shut down. I have also tried to run it with another os in an USB stick and still it doesn't work.

I have read that this is due to the las update in September. In some places it is suggested to use ctrl+shift+windows+B, but it doesn't work for me. They also suggest changing some settings in the computer, but I am not able to even access any settings because
    the laptop is still in the "running mode" with black screen.

Is there any solution for this? Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Frank_S_R, Apr 17, 2021
  4. Nova Win User

New Laptop freezes, gets black screen and fan works loud ? Sleep mode and lack of some...

New laptop hardlock with black screen

I have a new notebook, running Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, which is randomly freezing, showing a black screen. System specs:

• intel core i5
    • HD is an SDD, 250GB
    • GPU: Intel HD graphics 620
    Symptoms:

• happens randomly, related to no particular reason, time of the day, and programs running
    • when freezes, the notebook screen is "active" (back light is on) but completely black; external monitor, connected via HDMI, is black as well
    • when freezes, no key input is responding. I tried to press "CAPS Lock", which has a led on it, and the led is not toggling
    • I noticed I can keep the PC on for several days, without any problem. It always freezes whenever I'm actively using it
    What I already tried:

• reinstall Windows from scratch (even starting from an external USB drive)
    • run windows in "clean boot" mode (all non-MS services disabled, all startup programs disabled)
    • update the BIOS, and all "relevant" drivers (GPU, System Firmware, network interface, bluetooth, ...) of the PC to the latest version
    • testing the memory with MemTest86+: no issues, after several steps
    • stressing the GPU with FurMark: reached quite an high temperature (70°), but no issues
    • stressing the CPU with IntelBurnTest: reached quite an high temperature (70°), but no issues
    Now, I would guess it's an hardware problem, but the strange thing is that we ordered 6 identical PCs, and this is happening on 4 of them. Therefore, for "statistical" reasons, we don't think it could be possible that all of them shows an HW issue... It only happens with a different rate from one PC to another (for instance, happens daily on my PC, and once a week on another)
    Any idea on how to investigate this issue further?
    Any test / improvement I can do?

Thema:

New Laptop freezes, gets black screen and fan works loud ? Sleep mode and lack of some...

1. New Laptop freezes, gets black screen and fan works loud ? Sleep mode and lack of some... - Similar Threads - Laptop freezes gets

2. Unresponsive Laptop with black screen and loud fans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unresponsive Laptop with black screen and loud fans: Unresponsive laptop with black screen, loud fan noise. I turned my laptop to update and shutdown after some time when i comeback i see a black screen and loud fans. I checked and it eas not overheated. I tried to restart and it isnt responding to me. It bas been 4hours into...
  3. Unresponsive Laptop with black screen and loud fans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unresponsive Laptop with black screen and loud fans: Unresponsive laptop with black screen, loud fan noise. I turned my laptop to update and shutdown after some time when i comeback i see a black screen and loud fans. I checked and it eas not overheated. I tried to restart and it isnt responding to me. It bas been 4hours into...
  4. Black Screen And Loud PC Fans When hitting the table.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen And Loud PC Fans When hitting the table.: I've used my PC for over a year now, I've had this problem before and I got it fixed by a computer repair technician. But It's happening again.I was in a middle of an competitive game and lost my temper and I smashed the table top. After I did, my screen would go black and my...
  5. Black Screen And Loud PC Fans When hitting the table.

Black Screen And Loud PC Fans When hitting the table.: I've used my PC for over a year now, I've had this problem before and I got it fixed by a computer repair technician. But It's happening again.I was in a middle of an competitive game and lost my temper and I smashed the table top. After I did, my screen would go black and my...
  6. Laptop is stuck on black screen - sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is stuck on black screen - sleep mode: My laptop hasn't been working since yesterday. I restarted the device for updates and I have been waiting for it to get done. I've tried to turn it off and on so many times but still doesn't work. Please help....
  7. Laptop is stuck on black screen - sleep mode

Laptop is stuck on black screen - sleep mode: My laptop hasn't been working since yesterday. I restarted the device for updates and I have been waiting for it to get done. I've tried to turn it off and on so many times but still doesn't work. Please help....
  8. Laptop is stuck on black screen - sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Loud laptop fan noise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loud laptop fan noise: I have an Asus laptop and it's a quite old model. It originally had a hdd and I changed it to ssd. It did improve the performance speed but the fan is making louder noise than hdd. The laptop also heat up faster especially the palm rest. The air come out from the cooling fan...
  10. Laptop fan suddenly loud

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop fan suddenly loud: The cpu usage is only high for a short timeafter boot, it is definetely not hot, randomly yesterday it just started to became loud (fairly new laptop) Asus x541u.When i shut down the pc the fan still goes for a bit,any ideas?(it’s not dust) 103801