Windows 10: New laptop Hard Hang while gaming

Discus and support New laptop Hard Hang while gaming in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Received the laptop back from service centre, where I asked them to Fix for Event viewer error; Event ID 13, ACPI error and Event ID 37, Speed Of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by IAmNotThe1, Sep 17, 2018.

1. New laptop Hard Hang while gaming

Received the laptop back from service centre, where I asked them to Fix for Event viewer error; Event ID 13, ACPI error and Event ID 37, Speed Of Processor X in Group 0 is being limited by System Firmware. They changed the whole motherboard for me and when i got back those errors are still there...and they told me it's safe to ignore it.

So I tried gaming with it but I noticed everytime it Hard Freeze when i'm playing games like Dota 2. The image on the screen was stuck as the last frame, mouse and keyboard no response, pressing caps lock doesn't lit the "caps lock light" either. The icon HDD light on the laptop is OFF, battery light on, power indicator light (light bulb icon) on. But for some weird reason the airplane mode light is ON. The fan is still spinning on Overboost though, but there's no sound at all. All I could do is to long-press the power button to hard restart it (Did try to wait for 30mins+ but still the same...).

And it produces a Event ID 41, Kernel-Power critical error everytime i did that (Did check ahead of time before the Kernel-Power error occurred to see what happened just before that, but there wasn't any log file in the event viewer before that). Tried all sorts of methods, mem test, chkdsk, sfc/scannow, DISM fix, windows troubleshooting, changing advanced power plan to max performance and turn off Hard disk sleep etc, unselected allow the computer to turn off this device to safe power for USB and wireless, updated bios, drivers but still cant fix it. Searched for ways online to generate an error log or something similar but seems that It only works if it's BSOD and you will get a dump file after that. Did also try to change the wirte debugging info to Small Memory Dump, but after the Hard Hang, could not find the .dmp file.

The hard freeze occurred randomly, ranging from 5mins after gaming and to 3hrs. I'd noticed that when i changed to intel graphic card to play say dota 2, it goes on 4hrs+ without freeze or hang (Is it because intel graphic card does not use as much power compared to Nvidia ones?). But the cases where it had hard freeze, all of them were when i'm using my Nvidia GPU to play games. The temperature of the nvidia GPU when the laptop freeze was around 70-80++ degrees C. CPU around 60-70++ degrees C. I'm totally baffled as why this happened because if the system overheats, wouldn't it be like auto restart? instead of Hard Hang?

New laptop 2weeks+ old, sent to service centre for 5 days and they replaced the motherboard but not fixing the Event viewer Error issues. Did not Overclock or undervolt or stuffs.

Asus TUF Gaming FX504GM
    i7-8750H 2.20Ghz
    GTX 1060 6GB
    16GB RAM

*I did find 2 .dmp files inside LiveKernelReports folder. First one which is 1.46GB and the other .dmp file which is 724kb with the exact same name and date modified is inside a folder called win32k.sys
    The date modified both showing Sept 13, 12:45pm. But I've had Hard Hang since then until now so, could this dump file be of any use to show what had caused my laptop to Hard Hang?

:)

IAmNotThe1, Sep 17, 2018

2. Laptop hard drive upgrade

To replace a hard drive on a laptop is a little more troublesome than a desktop. 1st as most people here suggest you will need some sort of a backup disk just in case. Also be sure when buying the new Hard Disk is compatible with your model. And i would strongly suggest you install a new system and start from scratch because there are far too many problems that can occur when transferring system files.

scoutingwraith, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Cortana hangs on setting up a new HP 15t Laptop

I just received my HP 15t Laptop today and was following the Cortana setup screens. I got the latest updates, connected to my WiFi and created a PIN. When it came time to set up One Drive, Cortana hangs up. It will not proceed to the next step. I
    have powered down and restarted the set up process, but regardless if I choose One Drive, or store to my local drive - Cortana hangs.

I can do NOTHING until this is resolved. I can't escape or ctrl-alt-delete out of Cortana, so my new laptop is completely non functional.

Suggestions?

GB

GaryBorders, Sep 17, 2018
  4. n-ster Win User

New laptop Hard Hang while gaming

n-ster, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

New laptop Hard Hang while gaming

1. New laptop Hard Hang while gaming - Similar Threads - laptop Hard Hang

2. Laptop hangs while power is pulled in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop hangs while power is pulled in: Hello, I am facing a problem with my hp pavillion laptop, whenever I plug in the power the laptop starts hanging and crashing. My old adaptor had broken and after that I bought a new one with same power rating but still my pc keeps crashing after power is plugged in. What...
  3. Laptop hangs while power is pulled in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop hangs while power is pulled in: Hello, I am facing a problem with my hp pavillion laptop, whenever I plug in the power the laptop starts hanging and crashing. My old adaptor had broken and after that I bought a new one with same power rating but still my pc keeps crashing after power is plugged in. What...
  4. Laptop hangs while power is pulled in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Pc hangs while gaming

Pc hangs while gaming: Hello! I am a windows 10 pro user and my name is Aryan. Recently, my pc hangs while I click on my game. I play asphalt 9 and it hangs for a while, making my pc almost dead!! One reason that I noticed is that the disk usage goes to 100% while gaming in my pc. I contacted...
  6. Laptop hangs while in screen saver

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop hangs while in screen saver: I have an HP Spectre x360 15-ch0xx. Windows 10 Pro, version 20H2, OS build 19042.746. Since it was new, it's had a very annoying problem: it hangs while in the screen saver. I'll walk away from my desk for a while (an hour, overnight, whatever), and I come back to an...
  7. New laptop crashing and hanging up

New laptop crashing and hanging up: My new ASUS Vivobook 15 keeps hanging up and, briefly, crashing just a few days after purchase. When I ran a troubleshooter, it said there was a liver kernel event, error code 193, and that it was a hardware failure. I primarily use this computer to surf the internet and do...
  8. Laptop Hard Hang

Laptop Hard Hang: Hey Microsoft, I just got a very Hard Computer Hang, the kind of hang where the caps lock button won't light up when you press it. So I had to press the power button to start it again. I checked my event viewer to see what happened but I didn't found any.....
  9. New laptop Hard Hang while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop Hard Hang while gaming: Received the laptop back from service centre, where I asked them to Fix for Event viewer error; Event ID 13, ACPI error and Event ID 37, Speed Of Processor X in Group 0 is being limited by System Firmware. They changed the whole motherboard for me and when i got back those...
  10. Windows 10 Hanging while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Hanging while playing games: Whenever i try to launch a game on windows 10 i can play normally for 3-20 minutes before Windows hangs (perm Freeze) and i have to restart. I am having this problem on all the games i have tried (roblox, besiege, terraria, minecraft, team fortress 2) except pokemon tcgo,...