Windows 10: New laptop hardware or software issues... or Operating System issues?

Discus and support New laptop hardware or software issues... or Operating System issues? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I just purchased a new HP pavilion gaming laptop, with windows 10. I don't like flashy, I don't use many features. I mostly am a competitive gamer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ElliottMuller1, Feb 11, 2020.

1. New laptop hardware or software issues... or Operating System issues?

So I just purchased a new HP pavilion gaming laptop, with windows 10. I don't like flashy, I don't use many features. I mostly am a competitive gamer and barely if ever even use the internet.f

The first thing when I loaded it up, I was stunned by how much bloatware in my mind is malware, completely useless and flashy junk there was that I didn't need, at all.

Now my problem isn't this, it's that when I load a game, or a game begins running, I am kicked out essentially by unusually long load times. I have a older laptop from 2008, with windows xp that runs every game perfectly, with no lag or any issues. This machine is brand new, with newer 'stronger' and 'faster' parts, but cannot even load some of the oldest games I play.

I'm wondering what the issue is here?

I've looked online and seen that there are forums and major companies cnet, Slashdot tearing up for additions like going to the windows key to open a file and finding there is nothing but 'store advertisements, the weather' and other bloat that pop up.

Is it really windows 10 that destroyed my brand new machine? I mean I just bought this thing, there's no reason why this thing shouldn't be able to handle games from the 90's is there?

:)

ElliottMuller1, Feb 11, 2020
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

New laptop hardware or software issues... or Operating System issues? [​IMG]

Jerry8A, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    either a hardware issue or a software issue

Hi,

This issue can be caused by driver problems or software that is not compatible with Windows 10.

For us to better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Can you still boot your computer normally?
    • Have you made any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What do you mean by "it will begin to give me the error reference by pointer"?
      Can you tell us the exact error message?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we recommend following the solution provided on this
    article to resolve Blue Screen errors on Windows 10.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

New laptop hardware or software issues... or Operating System issues?

either a hardware issue or a software issue

Thank you for the information.

REFERENCE_BY_POINTER error usually appears after installing a new hardware or software. You can also get this error if the device driver is incorrectly configured or corrupted.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we recommend running the System File Checker tool
    to scan and repair missing or corrupted system files on Windows 10.

We also suggest updating all the device drivers on your computer and see if the issue will persist. Click
    here for more information on how to update the drivers on Windows 10.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

*If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem."

Arjay Dom, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

New laptop hardware or software issues... or Operating System issues?

1. New laptop hardware or software issues... or Operating System issues? - Similar Threads - laptop hardware software

2. Is this a software issue or hardware issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this a software issue or hardware issue?: Recently built a new PC. Installed Windows 10 and ran updates. Once it was fully updated, it seemed to run fine for a few minutes. After a few minutes, I could not open simple windows like Task Manager, Device Manager, Settings, and type in the Search Bar. I could not even...
  3. Is this a software issue or hardware issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this a software issue or hardware issue?: Recently built a new PC. Installed Windows 10 and ran updates. Once it was fully updated, it seemed to run fine for a few minutes. After a few minutes, I could not open simple windows like Task Manager, Device Manager, Settings, and type in the Search Bar. I could not even...
  4. windows software or hardware issue, idk

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows software or hardware issue, idk: When I open any one of the application, they only are activated for a short time. They just close down and then I have to click on that app to activate it. I am not getting any error messages. I ran the troubleshooter, SFC scan as well as DISM scan. Nothing helps. Even for...
  5. Is this a software or hardware issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this a software or hardware issue?: submitted by /u/VerbNoun123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gwu5hq/is_this_a_software_or_hardware_issue/
  6. New hardware issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New hardware issue: So I just updated my motherboard and CPU and I made sure I purchased the correct version so that I would be able to change hardware at a later date when I first did this build. I even confirmed it with some research. However I just swapped out those two pieces of hardware and...
  7. Operating System Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Operating System Issue: Whenever I right click and try to click on "New" for creating New Folder or New file. operating system hangs. Facing this issue since I have upgraded to licensed copy of Windows 10....
  8. new hardware issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    new hardware issue: Just bought a new Windows Sculpt mouse and going thru the settings, it doesn't say how to set up a left scrolling action. I want to be able to backspace a page by tilting the scroll wheel to the left. Any suggestions?...
  9. Hardware or Software Issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    Hardware or Software Issue?: I built a box for a friend of mine, used it for a week and shipped it to FL - specs below. The box arrived safely, with the exception of one SATA cable, which had come loose. OR - it wasn't properly seated by me. After a day or so of use, he tells me the machine is very slow...
  10. Multiple BSOD's - hardware or software issue?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSOD's - hardware or software issue?: Hi! Had some issues with my laptop in december and eventually handed it in to the store which I bought it from. They sent it along to a workshop who changed the motherboard. I just got the computer back earlier this week, but I'm experiencing similar issues, though not as...