Windows 10: New Laptop has invalid Windows 10 pre-installed

Discus and support New Laptop has invalid Windows 10 pre-installed in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Last night i spent 2 hours with a Microsoft tech trying to resolve being unable to activate my Windows 10 that came preinstalled on a brand new laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GuyMD, Dec 26, 2018.

1. GuyMD Win User

New Laptop has invalid Windows 10 pre-installed

Last night i spent 2 hours with a Microsoft tech trying to resolve being unable to activate my Windows 10 that came preinstalled on a brand new laptop.

In the end, activation failed and the tech told me i had a pirated copy of Windows when he checked the product id.

Annoyed is an understatement.

The laptop is this one:

YEPO 737A Laptop 13.3 inch Ultrabook Laptops IPS Intel Celeron J3455 Notebook Computer With 6GB RAM 256GB SSD

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/b7kToXMk

Sold by the 'official Yepo store' on AliExpress.

I raised it with Yepo who directed me to download a zip file that contains a batchfile that my Bitdefender spat the dummy at and quarantined.

I am insisting on a new product key from Yepo.

Will give them a couple of days before raising a dispute with AliExpress.

Anyone else had an experience like this or have any advice?

:)

GuyMD, Dec 26, 2018
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Dec 26, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 26, 2018
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

1. New Laptop has invalid Windows 10 pre-installed - Similar Threads - Laptop has invalid

2. Windows Pre installed laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Pre installed laptop: Why don't the 2022 and 2023 laptops pre-install Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-pre-installed-laptop/0c68892a-47f1-44b2-8834-fd31afee24d4
  3. Windows Pre installed laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Pre installed laptop: Why don't the 2022 and 2023 laptops pre-install Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-pre-installed-laptop/0c68892a-47f1-44b2-8834-fd31afee24d4
  4. Installing Windows 10 on a brand-new laptop that has Windows 11 pre-installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Windows 10 on a brand-new laptop that has Windows 11 pre-installed: Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows if this is possible. I need to buy a new laptop, but I waited a few weeks too long and now Windows 11 is pre-installed on most of the laptops I've been considering. Aside from all the issues I've been hearing about with Windows 11, I can't...
  5. Installing Windows 10 on a brand-new laptop that has Windows 11 pre-installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Windows 10 on a brand-new laptop that has Windows 11 pre-installed: Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows if this is possible. I need to buy a new laptop, but I waited a few weeks too long and now Windows 11 is pre-installed on most of the laptops I've been considering. Aside from all the issues I've been hearing about with Windows 11, I can't...
  6. Pre-installed windows that come with new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pre-installed windows that come with new laptop: I buy a new laptop that come with pre-installed window. I reset this with another windows by bootable pendrive, Now I want the previous version of windows that came with my new laptop....
  7. Is pre-installed windows 10 limited to the laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is pre-installed windows 10 limited to the laptop?: My current laptop came with pre-installed windows linked to my microsoft account. I've changed my HDD once and after signing in, windows got activated. Now, I'm buying a new laptop. If I login using the same microsoft account, will it get activated? submitted by...
  8. Laptop with pre-installed windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop with pre-installed windows 10 Home: Hello I bought laptop with pre-installed windows 10 Home. How can I make bootable USB stick to legaly reinstall system if something will be broken in my laptop? Thank you for answer....
  9. New Windows 10 pre installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New Windows 10 pre installed: Do I or will I need to register my Windows 10 64 bit pro, pre installed on my New Computer? How do I check to see if my registration matches my Microsoft account?...
  10. Windows 10 Home pre-installed on laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home pre-installed on laptop: Hi, Recently when I started my laptop message "Your Windows license will expire soon". Laptop was bought with Windows 10 Home pre-installed so I don't know where the problem may be. Tried this help from forum:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win activation failed pre installed