Windows 10: New laptop has some issues with my headset.

Discus and support New laptop has some issues with my headset. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I connect my headset, sounds play through it and the mic works fine, but the headset does not show up in playback or recording devices. I'm not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EllieHatesYou, Apr 13, 2019.

1. New laptop has some issues with my headset.

When I connect my headset, sounds play through it and the mic works fine, but the headset does not show up in playback or recording devices. I'm not sure what could be causing this. How do I fix it? Thanks

:)

EllieHatesYou, Apr 13, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue New laptop has some issues with my headset. :p

cadaveca, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Headset not working

Hi Mathieu,

We need to know if the issue is with the computer or headset. To isolate the concern, provide us the following information:

• Are you using a laptop or a desktop?
    • If you're using a laptop, does the built-in speaker works?
    • Are you using a USB headset or does your headset has a 3.5mm jack?
    • Do your headset works on other devices?
    • Have you tried using other headsets on your computer?
    In the meantime, follow the troubleshooting steps found on this link. The link provided different troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the issue.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Jay Jap Win User

New laptop has some issues with my headset.

Headset microphone not working in windows 10

Thank you for the feedback. Since you have tried all the troubleshooting steps in the article, it's possible that the issue lies with the hardware or it's driver. To assist you further, please provide the following information:

• Have you tried the headset on a different Windows 10 computer?
    • Have you tried connecting a different headset on your PC?

We suggest that you contact the manufacturer of your PC to check the headset jack for issues. Also try to reach out to the manufacturer of your headset to
    check if they have a new driver for the recent Windows 10 updates.

Keep us posted.

Jay Jap, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

New laptop has some issues with my headset.

1. New laptop has some issues with my headset. - Similar Threads - laptop has issues

2. MS Paint On Windows 11 Has Some New Issues...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Paint On Windows 11 Has Some New Issues...: I've been using MS Paint for YEARS now. I've never come across any issues from it until recently. There's TWO new issues, actually:When using the shapes tool Like the circle or square, when dragging one side, the opposite side also changes. This has been very annoying when...
  3. My laptop is having some issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is having some issues: Hello! I am here to ask if anyone can help me with the problem I am having. I was watching some content on YouTube, and I paused the video to take a shower. There was nothing wrong until I came back from the shower. Before, my audio worked, but when I tried after, I could not...
  4. My laptop is having some issues

My laptop is having some issues: Hello! I am here to ask if anyone can help me with the problem I am having. I was watching some content on YouTube, and I paused the video to take a shower. There was nothing wrong until I came back from the shower. Before, my audio worked, but when I tried after, I could not...
  5. My laptop is having some issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Audio issues with new headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio issues with new headset: Hello, so I recently got a new pair of headphones and I am having some audio issues when I open certain applications.I did some testing by using the troubleshooter and seeing if my drivers are updated or not but they have not worked.It also seems that whenever I open an...
  7. Audio issues with new headset

Audio issues with new headset: Hello, so I recently got a new pair of headphones and I am having some audio issues when I open certain applications.I did some testing by using the troubleshooter and seeing if my drivers are updated or not but they have not worked.It also seems that whenever I open an...
  8. Audio issues with new headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio issues with new headset: Hello, so I recently got a new pair of headphones and I am having some audio issues when I open certain applications. I did some testing by using the troubleshooter and seeing if my drivers are updated or not but they have not worked. It also seems that whenever I open an...
  9. Audio issues with new headset

Audio issues with new headset: Hello, so I recently got a new pair of headphones and I am having some audio issues when I open certain applications. I did some testing by using the troubleshooter and seeing if my drivers are updated or not but they have not worked. It also seems that whenever I open an...
  10. My windows has some weird issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My windows has some weird issues: Hey there ! My windows started acting all weird lately i can't open personalize or Display settings and when i try to open them a CMD window appears and then disappears really fast and i noticed that my security center is empty like this and it says that i don't have any...