Windows 10: New Laptop, how long to get set up?

Discus and support New Laptop, how long to get set up? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I've recently acquired a new laptop and am in the midst of setting it up. It comes with windows 10 and is doing the windows 10 set up.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Serdudds, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Serdudds Win User

New Laptop, how long to get set up?

Hello,

I've recently acquired a new laptop and am in the midst of setting it up. It comes with windows 10 and is doing the windows 10 set up. After verifying location and keyboard layout, I connected it to my internet as requested. It now in the midst of spinning a circle and says "Now we have some important set up to do. " I'm assuming it is patching and upgrading windows, but there has been no request for additional information nor is there any sort of progress bar. So my question is: How long is does this typically take? It's already been going for about an hour with no change that I can tell.

Thanks!

:)

Serdudds, Aug 20, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 20, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Aug 20, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

1. New Laptop, how long to get set up? - Similar Threads - Laptop long set

2. New laptop set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New laptop set up: Hi I have just bought a laptop for my son, I am using my Microsoft account for 365 etc as am allowed 5 devices.The problem is all my information ie, one drive etc..So he can see bank details etc very private stuff. I don't want him seeing all this and want a empty laptop for...
  3. How to set up a new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set up a new laptop: Hello,I'm setting up a new laptop for the first time and don't want to bring any of my other linked computer apps or documents to it.When I log into my Microsoft account or OneDrive account it automatically connects the two.Is there a way to set it up independently under the...
  4. How to set up a new laptop

How to set up a new laptop: Hello,I'm setting up a new laptop for the first time and don't want to bring any of my other linked computer apps or documents to it.When I log into my Microsoft account or OneDrive account it automatically connects the two.Is there a way to set it up independently under the...
  5. setting up new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    setting up new laptop: hi. I have a windows 10 laptop that uses my Microsoft account and email. When my wife bought her laptop we set it up with my Microsoft account and added her email to it. Now we are buying her a new laptop with windows 11 and when we set it up, can she set it up with her own...
  6. setting up new laptop

setting up new laptop: hi. I have a windows 10 laptop that uses my Microsoft account and email. When my wife bought her laptop we set it up with my Microsoft account and added her email to it. Now we are buying her a new laptop with windows 11 and when we set it up, can she set it up with her own...
  7. how to set up Outlook on new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to set up Outlook on new laptop: Need help setting up Outlook on new laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-up-outlook-on-new-laptop/025b1486-e37c-4f36-b664-c43167cb6ec7
  8. how to set up Outlook on new laptop

how to set up Outlook on new laptop: Need help setting up Outlook on new laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-up-outlook-on-new-laptop/025b1486-e37c-4f36-b664-c43167cb6ec7
  9. Set Up New Laptop

Set Up New Laptop: When setting up new laptop, windows account is not recognised, when windows account entered into create account 'you cannot log in with work account' message is received? Other colleagues at same company do not have this issue....
  10. Set up of new school laptops getting stuck

Set up of new school laptops getting stuck: We are trying to set up a number of new school laptops. It is getting stuck on the 'Setting up your device for work' page while doing the initial setup. I've tried resetting the device back to factory settings and also re-installed windows completely twice, but I'm unable to...