Windows 10: New laptop keeps having internet connection issues

Discus and support New laptop keeps having internet connection issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Like the title says, my laptop keeps having issues connecting to the internet and I'm at a loss.A little over a month ago, I moved into a new apartment... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MaxW15, Sep 15, 2021.

1. MaxW15 Win User

New laptop keeps having internet connection issues

Like the title says, my laptop keeps having issues connecting to the internet and I'm at a loss.A little over a month ago, I moved into a new apartment with a new wifi network and for whatever reason my laptop just does not seem to want to connect to it. It will be connected for maybe 30sec up to a minute or two before it "disconnects". From what I can see, it's still connected to the wifi network, but there's no actual internet connection. Occasionally it'll fix itself and reconnect, but most of the time I have to turn the wifi on my laptop off and on again. If I disable and then re-enabl

:)

MaxW15, Sep 15, 2021

2. Have a Toshiba laptop and will not stay connected to the internet

Hi Sharon,

There are different possible reason as to why your laptop is not able to connect to the internet. For use to resolve your concern, kindly answer the following questions below:

• How do you connect your laptop to the internet? Are you using WiFi or a Ethernet connection?
    • Were there any error messages when you attempt to connect your laptop to the internet?
    • When was the last time your laptop connected to the internet?
    • Were there any recent changes made in you laptop?

Also you can refer to this article:
    Fix network connection issues in Windows 10
    for troubleshooting steps you can try.

We look forward to your response.

Jordan Dom, Sep 15, 2021
  3. Internet Connectivity Issues

So heres the deal. My brother who is behind the opposite wall of me is having internet issues. The router is here in my room and his internet is plugged into the Linksys E2000 via a wire going from it to an ethernet wall socket going to his room and into his computer.

He has been having iffy internet for the past 2 days. Fixed it yesterday by rebooting now the problem has resurfaced.

What we have tried:
    • Testing the ethernet cables with a tester. Passed
    • Tested onboard ethernet with known working cable (computer hooked up using my connections in my room) Passed
    • Checked to make sure there was no static IP address in IPv4 settings. Passed
    • Made sure the Network Connection wasnt full on disabled. Passed
    • Swapped the cable leading from the router to the wall outlet in my room. Passed and worked for a few minutes.
    With regards to that last bullet point, the computer is no longer getting internet again despite working for a few minutes. Testing the new cable again, tells us that pins 1 and 2 are "open". That is the second cable in a row that the tester is spitting this message out on.

Any ideas guys? Im out of them.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Sep 15, 2021
  4. altae Win User

My internet keeps dropping out!

I suggest you connect your laptop to the router with a ethernet cable. If the wired connection is stable you know that there is nothing wrong with the internet connection itself and with your LAN. Next step would be to go to the website of your laptop manufacturer and look for the latest WLAN drivers. Install them and test whether it improves the reliability of your WLAN connection. Then post back the results.

altae, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

1. New laptop keeps having internet connection issues - Similar Threads - laptop keeps having

2. I have internet connection issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have internet connection issue: When I uninstall all of Wan Miniports in the device manager, My internet speed become 10 times fasteras well as my WiFi speed, but these Wan Miniports come out when I restart my pc, I know that I shouldn't uninstall these Miniport drivers but how can I fix my internet speed?...
  3. I have internet connection issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have internet connection issue: When I uninstall all of Wan Miniports in the device manager, My internet speed become 10 times fasteras well as my WiFi speed, but these Wan Miniports come out when I restart my pc, I know that I shouldn't uninstall these Miniport drivers but how can I fix my internet speed?...
  4. I have internet connection issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. New laptop will not connect to internet on setup.

New laptop will not connect to internet on setup.: I am trying to help a friend set up their HP Pavilion. They get stuck on the screen "Let's Connect You To A Network"Every time they try to connect to their network, it says "Can't connect to this network"they think they are installing windows 10 but they are not totally...
  6. Laptop having issue with internet driver & connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop having issue with internet driver & connection: My laptop is having trouble with internet connections, it shows that I'm connected but I'm not even able to ping my router 192.168.0.1. I have used an Ethernet cable and it still does not work.I have tried the usual ipconfig flush, winsock reset, windows troubleshooting, sfc...
  7. Laptop having issue with internet driver & connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop having issue with internet driver & connection: My laptop is having trouble with internet connections, it shows that I'm connected but I'm not even able to ping my router 192.168.0.1. I have used an Ethernet cable and it still does not work.I have tried the usual ipconfig flush, winsock reset, windows troubleshooting, sfc...
  8. Laptop having issue with internet driver & connection

9. New laptop seems to be having internet connection issues after windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New laptop seems to be having internet connection issues after windows 10 update.: I bought a laptop around the beginning of last month. I used it almost daily but only for a few things so far (like 96% of the time it's reddit, discord, youtube, and 1 video game). It was working amazing until after some windows updates. I used to get around 98-130fps on an...
  10. Anyone having issues with internet connectivity with the new windows update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone having issues with internet connectivity with the new windows update?: Ive recently updated my pc to the latest windows update and now whenever i launch my pc and go on game launchers they'll say i'm off line but i'm clearly online, its not just game launchers, youtube says i dont have a connection but when i refresh the site it will play the...