Windows 10: New Laptop Login settings

Discus and support New Laptop Login settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I go to login with a Microsoft account, it has me enter my email address and the password, when it comes up with the screen asking to enter in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kellylynnd, Mar 28, 2020.

1. New Laptop Login settings

When I go to login with a Microsoft account, it has me enter my email address and the password, when it comes up with the screen asking to enter in the password one more time, it keeps telling me the password is wrong but it's not. The only way I could login to my PC was through the "other user" option. Is there a trick to this?

:)

Kellylynnd, Mar 28, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Ender Win User
    Setting the default input method for the Windows 10 login screen

I had the same question but with French being the default on Windows 10 rather than the one I wanted so I ended up here.

HoD is very close. I was able to use his suggestion to find the solution for me. This solution uses your current display and input language to change the Welcome screen and possible for new user accounts if you want. So make sure you have the display and input settings while logged in that you want to apply to the login screen before doing the steps:

1. Click the language on the Taskbar.
    2. Then click Language preferences.
    3. At the bottom under "Related settings," click "additional date, time, & regional settings" which opens the control panel
    4. Click the "Region" option
    5. Then go to the far right tab "Administrative". (HoD's step 2)
    6. In the "Welcome screen and new user accounts" click copy settings. (HoD's step 3)
    7. Tick "Welcome screen and system accounts" (and "new user accounts" if you want it to be applied to those as well). (HoD's step 4)
    8. Click Ok. (HoD's step 5)

I was able to use HoD's suggestion to find the solution here. It's for Windows 8.1, but works on 10 so far.

Hope it will help you, too!

Ender, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

New Laptop Login settings

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

New Laptop Login settings

1. New Laptop Login settings - Similar Threads - Laptop Login settings

2. New laptop set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New laptop set up: Hi I have just bought a laptop for my son, I am using my Microsoft account for 365 etc as am allowed 5 devices.The problem is all my information ie, one drive etc..So he can see bank details etc very private stuff. I don't want him seeing all this and want a empty laptop for...
  3. setting up new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    setting up new laptop: hi. I have a windows 10 laptop that uses my Microsoft account and email. When my wife bought her laptop we set it up with my Microsoft account and added her email to it. Now we are buying her a new laptop with windows 11 and when we set it up, can she set it up with her own...
  4. setting up new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    setting up new laptop: hi. I have a windows 10 laptop that uses my Microsoft account and email. When my wife bought her laptop we set it up with my Microsoft account and added her email to it. Now we are buying her a new laptop with windows 11 and when we set it up, can she set it up with her own...
  5. setting up new laptop

6. New PC settings cannot login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    New PC settings cannot login: I just received a new PC computer. It seems I did something wrong when I was setting it up. I thought I followed the prompts correctly, but was distracted by a customer call in the middle of the process. It went to a login screen for Windows and when I enter my email and...
  7. New PC settings cannot login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC settings cannot login: I just received a new PC computer. It seems I did something wrong when I was setting it up. I thought I followed the prompts correctly, but was distracted by a customer call in the middle of the process. It went to a login screen for Windows and when I enter my email and...
  8. New PC settings cannot login

9. Set Up New Laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Set Up New Laptop: When setting up new laptop, windows account is not recognised, when windows account entered into create account 'you cannot log in with work account' message is received? Other colleagues at same company do not have this issue....
  10. Windows login fails on new laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows login fails on new laptop: Windows Hello failed and offered signon with PIN which I did not have. Now it's locked up from too many tries. Windows logon still works on home pc. May be corrupt on new device. Also locked out of reinstalling Windows. Solutions?...