Windows 10: New laptop : Microsoft Link Phone with PC screen failure

Discus and support New laptop : Microsoft Link Phone with PC screen failure in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Setting up a new laptop. I cannot move past the screen which wants to link my phone and PC. Have tried putting in my mobile number and installing the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by FrancesFancourt, Aug 16, 2020.

1. New laptop : Microsoft Link Phone with PC screen failure

Setting up a new laptop. I cannot move past the screen which wants to link my phone and PC. Have tried putting in my mobile number and installing the phone app without success it asks me to 'Send Notification' from the PC, but I cannot get past the previous screen to do this: I have also tried moving past without linking phone and PC by clicking "Do it Later". Neither will work. Any ideas?

:)

FrancesFancourt, Aug 16, 2020

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Aug 16, 2020
  3. Tetsujin Win User
    How can I un-link my current Microsoft account that is tagged to my Windows activation license and link it to a new Microsoft account?

You don't make a new account & try to move your entitlements to it, you change the email address associated with the original account.

From Microsoft Support - Change the email address or phone number for your Microsoft account

Tetsujin, Aug 16, 2020
  4. SM03 Win User

New laptop : Microsoft Link Phone with PC screen failure

Enable or Disable Phone-PC Linking for Continue on PC using Local Group Policy Editor

oh OK then effective for what precisely? Also, is there any reg tweak for excluding this PC to phone linking step from the OOBE screen?

Thema:

New laptop : Microsoft Link Phone with PC screen failure

1. New laptop : Microsoft Link Phone with PC screen failure - Similar Threads - laptop Microsoft Link

2. Phone Linked to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Linked to PC: Hello,I received an email that I got a single-use code to my Microsoft account that I never requested. So I logged into my account and find that an unknown number is linked to my pc.Where it says “Phone Linked to PC” there is a number I have never seen before. Does that mean...
  3. Phone Linked to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Linked to PC: Hello,I received an email that I got a single-use code to my Microsoft account that I never requested. So I logged into my account and find that an unknown number is linked to my pc.Where it says “Phone Linked to PC” there is a number I have never seen before. Does that mean...
  4. phone link "the new"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    phone link "the new": you changed the phone link app, i was able to connect then 2 or 3 days later i wasnt paying attention to time may have been a couple more but then on 4/4 i lost connection error msg said it was on your site now i cannt get any response trying to load...
  5. phone link "the new"

phone link "the new": you changed the phone link app, i was able to connect then 2 or 3 days later i wasnt paying attention to time may have been a couple more but then on 4/4 i lost connection error msg said it was on your site now i cannt get any response trying to load...
  6. Link new laptop to Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Link new laptop to Microsoft Store: Hi, I just bought my son a new laptop he has an xbox with GamePass Sub. We want to play certain games together like Ark, Sea of Thieves etc on our laptops. My laptop connects to the Microsoft store without problems as does his Xbox, but his new laptop is not linked. I see I...
  7. Your Phone App: Link your phone to PC not working on new laptop

Your Phone App: Link your phone to PC not working on new laptop: Hi, I just got a new lenovo flex 14 laptop with Windows 10 Home. I am trying to link my phone to my pc but whenever I click "Link Phone", i get an error saying "Something went wrong". I tried restarting my computer, resetting the app, and uninstalling and reinstalling the app...
  8. New phone link to PC option not working for me

New phone link to PC option not working for me: My Phone is the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. I've tried several times to link my phone with my PC. At the end of the process it tells me my phone is successfully linked with my PC but it's not. My phone is not listed under the phone settings but it does have the option to...
  9. New phone link to PC option not working for me

New phone link to PC option not working for me: My Phone is the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. I've tried several times to link my phone with my PC. At the end of the process it tells me my phone is successfully linked with my PC but it's not. My phone is not listed under the phone settings but it does have the option to...
  10. link phone to pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    link phone to pc: on pc showing some setting hidden or managed by organiza tion of how to link phone to pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/link-phone-to-pc/d9b54741-4343-43f7-8a11-420c45973154