Windows 10: New laptop mishap - Please help

Discus and support New laptop mishap - Please help in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, My new, much anticipated laptop arrived on Wednesday. I bought the Office 365 Personal and McAfee Total Protection with the laptop. On Wednesday... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Louise0210, Mar 27, 2020.

1. New laptop mishap - Please help

Hi,

My new, much anticipated laptop arrived on Wednesday. I bought the Office 365 Personal and McAfee Total Protection with the laptop. On Wednesday evening I started to set up the laptop, entering all the necessary details and connecting to my BT internet possibly where I went wrong I then tried to redeem the Office 365 voucher using the web address on the back of the card with came with the laptop. I came up with an error message saying that the code had been redeemed however could not download.

I clicked on the Live Chat option on that page and was told that someone would call me. I waited for 35 mins and eventually went back on the live chat and asked if I should down load the McAffee voucher while I waited. I was pinged a link for this and so followed the instructions and download this voucher to.

I eventually called the UK number on the error page as an hour had now passed. I spoke to an Asian man who treated me like a child and explained that I now had a virus or something in my laptop that was stopping everything working including the download of my Office 365.

He explained that I would have to allow remote access to let a technician to work on the pc for approx. 60 mins to remove the virus/blockage

He did tell me that name of what was causing the issue, I can't remember it though New laptop mishap - Please help :eek:

When I switch on the laptop there's only a black screen and when I go into settings to try and click on 'update and security' the screen disappear. It won't let me click on any of the icons.

I'm completely devastated and desperate to try and fix this. They were trying to get me to pay £99.99 to repair it for me.

Can anyone help??

Louise

:)

Louise0210, Mar 27, 2020
  2. SunnyK Win User

New Laptop Help, Please.

What about MSI GS60 or Lenovo Y50? THey are light, portable and powerful... also both are 15" and in your budget. *Toast :toast:

SunnyK, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

http://support.dell.com/?~ck=mn

Namslas90, Mar 27, 2020
  4. New laptop mishap - Please help

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

New laptop mishap - Please help

1. New laptop mishap - Please help - Similar Threads - laptop mishap Please

2. New Laptop restart with Bluescreen Error Please Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Laptop restart with Bluescreen Error Please Help: I bought a new Laptop 1 week ago. Yesterday this Laptop restart with Blue Screen Error. I don't know why. ? Recently Changes In Laptop. 1. Install Microsoft Office 2007 So today I uninstall this Microsoft Office 2007 It's a genuine version. The bluescreen file attached here -...
  3. New Laptop restart with Bluescreen Error Please Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Laptop restart with Bluescreen Error Please Help: I bought a new Laptop 1 week ago. Yesterday this Laptop restart with Blue Screen Error. I don't know why. ? Recently Changes In Laptop. 1. Install Microsoft Office 2007 So today I uninstall this Microsoft Office 2007 It's a genuine version. The bluescreen file attached here -...
  4. Drive sharing mishap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive sharing mishap: I have a windows 11 pc I built, and I have a drive with videos on it. I have and old windows vista laptop I wanted to connect to it. I set 40/56bit encryption, no password, and full control for the host drive. and clicked apply But when I connect to the drive on the laptop,...
  5. Drive sharing mishap

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive sharing mishap: I have a windows 11 pc I built, and I have a drive with videos on it. I have and old windows vista laptop I wanted to connect to it. I set 40/56bit encryption, no password, and full control for the host drive. and clicked apply But when I connect to the drive on the laptop,...
  6. Mishap. Help recover missing thumbnails.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mishap. Help recover missing thumbnails.: Hello, I've been having trouble using Window Photos so I decided to download a new app for photos One Photo Viewer but in doing so my PSD files lost their thumbnails. i uninstalled One Photo Viewer and put back Windows Photo with no help to the problem. so I went online and...
  7. New PC help please.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New PC help please.: Bought a friends PC off of him and everything was working fine. The moment I swapped out the old GPU for a new one (GEFORCE 1660 super). I have been constantly getting BSoD errors. I have cleaned installed windows around 6-7 times. Updated chipset drivers from amd and have...
  8. New computer, please help

in Windows 10 Support
    New computer, please help: am brand new to Windows 10 and can not transfer a photo from Picasa 3 to a disk or memory stick. I have tide a million times but when I click copy nothing happens. Also it doesn't matter how many times I put a disk in or a memory stick I don't see any little couloured things...
  9. New compuer, please help

in Windows 10 Support
    New compuer, please help: am brand new to Windows 10 and can not transfer a photo from Picasa 3 to a disk or memory stick. I have tide a million times but when I click copy nothing happens. Also it doesn't matter how many times I put a disk in or a memory stick I don't see any little couloured things...
  10. new computer please help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    new computer please help: HI. How do I find my network DVR in Network and sharing center? 24806