Windows 10: NEW LAPTOP-NEW FILE EXTENSIONS & PICTURE FILE THUMBNAILS & ERRORS IMPORTING CONTACTS

Discus and support NEW LAPTOP-NEW FILE EXTENSIONS & PICTURE FILE THUMBNAILS & ERRORS IMPORTING CONTACTS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have recently bought a new laptop with Windows 10 and purchased Office 365 Home. It has been a VERY FRUSTRATING EXPERIENCE. 1st I downloaded all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CindyShawCA, Mar 27, 2019.

1. NEW LAPTOP-NEW FILE EXTENSIONS & PICTURE FILE THUMBNAILS & ERRORS IMPORTING CONTACTS

I have recently bought a new laptop with Windows 10 and purchased Office 365 Home. It has been a VERY FRUSTRATING EXPERIENCE. 1st I downloaded all my files from an external hard drive. All my pictures and documents have the (2019_03_15 16_15_59 UTC) on the file extension. I have to delete all my files and upload them again to get rid of the extension. Please give me instructions to do that. 2nd: When I go to my pictures the ICONS are showing and NOT THUMBNAILS. Believe me I have gone to all the tutorials to change this setting and none of them have worked. I DO NOT WANT TO change them one by one.

3RD, I have tried 10 times to import my contacts from Yahoo mail and import to Outlook and "translation error" pops up.

Moved from: Office / Outlook / Windows 10 / Office 365 Home

:)

CindyShawCA, Mar 27, 2019

2. File extensions in thumbnails

Super thanks for your reply. I really appreciated.

so is there a way to see file extension in the thumbnail? I know all other steps that you guys mentioned and again i really appreciated.

sherkhansherkhan, Mar 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 27, 2019
  4. NEW LAPTOP-NEW FILE EXTENSIONS & PICTURE FILE THUMBNAILS & ERRORS IMPORTING CONTACTS

File extensions in thumbnails

How do I view Windows 10 file extensions in thumbnails? Like in video thumbnail it should also show a small “mp4”.

sherkhansherkhan, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

NEW LAPTOP-NEW FILE EXTENSIONS & PICTURE FILE THUMBNAILS & ERRORS IMPORTING CONTACTS

1. NEW LAPTOP-NEW FILE EXTENSIONS & PICTURE FILE THUMBNAILS & ERRORS IMPORTING CONTACTS - Similar Threads - LAPTOP FILE EXTENSIONS

2. A common file extension .svg is missing from my new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A common file extension .svg is missing from my new laptop: So, I just got a new laptop yesterday, and in the process of installing my apps and testing them out, I found that .svg files, "Scalable Vector Graphics", aren't being recognized properly.I can open them, but not directly. I can't double-click a file to open it, or any other...
  3. thumbnail pictures to show what is in the file

thumbnail pictures to show what is in the file: Hi peeps, please can you tell me if there is a way to save the actual picture in the file/folder, NOT the date and number or the description a thumbnail of each picture? I need to be able to see them all, so I just click on the picture to quickly file them or attach them.I...
  4. Transferring important files and apps to new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring important files and apps to new computer: Does anyone have a procedure for transferring files and apps from a previous upgraded Windows 11 computer to a new one using an external hard drive? I've heard that PC files that are synched to One Drive will not copy over with an automated transfer but don't know that for...
  5. Transferring important files and apps to new computer

Transferring important files and apps to new computer: Does anyone have a procedure for transferring files and apps from a previous upgraded Windows 11 computer to a new one using an external hard drive? I've heard that PC files that are synched to One Drive will not copy over with an automated transfer but don't know that for...
  6. Importing Photos Into Pictures File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing Photos Into Pictures File: 12/18/2020 - Did a recent Microsoft update change the way photos are grouped when downloading from my digital camera? Previously, I would download my photos, they would go into a folder showing the date taken, and I would rename the folder to show the subject matter of the...
  7. Picture thumbnails not showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Picture thumbnails not showing in File Explorer: Hi, I installed a Preview program for 3D files and now for some reason JPEGs aren't showing a preview. I installed SageThumbs, didn't work. Changed the thumbnail options in Folders, didn't work! How can I reset the image previews for files? Or at the very least JPEGs?...
  8. New Canon RP file extension cr3 is not showing thumbnails in file explorer

New Canon RP file extension cr3 is not showing thumbnails in file explorer: New Canon RP file extension cr3 is not showing thumbnails in file explorer. I have the updated firmware for my Canon camera, but after downloading to my computer and opening file explorer it shows Icons only and not a thumbnail of the picture. I have made sure that the...
  9. How does File Explorer know if an imported Iphone Picture is NEW?

How does File Explorer know if an imported Iphone Picture is NEW?: I import my Iphone Pics to my Laptop via file Explorer in Windows 10. I had to replace my hard drive and could not Image the old one. I now have 6,000 pics on my Iphone but only the last week had not been imported. I assume there is something like an ini file that keeps track...
  10. File extensions in thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    File extensions in thumbnails: How do I view Windows 10 file extensions in thumbnails? Like in video thumbnail it should also show a small “mp4”. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-extensions-in-thumbnails/60c16d23-78a2-4f20-8d0b-919f35e4679e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. importing yahoo contacts to outlook translation error

2. why are file extensions (2019_03_15 18_41_36 utc)