Windows 10: New laptop; newly installed programs immediately close when I open them

Discus and support New laptop; newly installed programs immediately close when I open them in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just bought a new laptop and it arrived today. I set it up and installed Chrome however when I tried to open it, the window showed for a split second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KindoNints, Jul 9, 2021.

1. New laptop; newly installed programs immediately close when I open them

I just bought a new laptop and it arrived today. I set it up and installed Chrome however when I tried to open it, the window showed for a split second and immediately closed. So, I tried installing Opera browser instead to see if that would work but that does that same thing as Chrome does. Microsoft Edge and other programs that came with the laptop work so it seems to be something that's only happening to newly installed programs.I'm really quite concerned considering this is a brand new laptop.

:)

KindoNints, Jul 9, 2021
  2. DSG2013 Win User

Programs I open immediately close

I have Windows 10. It was fine but then a few months ago my mouse started acting weird and now whenever I open a program, if it opens that is, most of them immediately close. Or they don't close but reset.

Examples:

In browser, I search for something and go to look at an answer, immediately the tab refreshes to the Google Search homepage.

When I open Documents, I click through 1 or options and back to the Documents homepage.

I've ran virus checks, and when those don't close out, it says everything is fine and up to date.

Then there's the mouse, when that started glitching on me, it kept having me have to double click stuff. Highlighting doesn't always work, and sometimes if I'm in a documents, when I'm trying to highlight something, it ends up moving what the text out of
    order.

Any suggestions?

DSG2013, Jul 9, 2021
  3. BETA. Win User
    GPU-Z 0.8.1 closes immediately after opening

I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 and I was using version 0.8.0 of GPU-Z(which was working fine) until it prompted me to update to 0.8.1 and grabbed the update but ever since I opened it, it immediately closes and now even the older version of GPU-Z closes immediately.

BETA., Jul 9, 2021
  4. gra007 Win User

New laptop; newly installed programs immediately close when I open them

windows edge opens then closes immediately

Edge works fine in my account with administrative privilege but on my account without the administrative privilege it closes immediately even after applying the fix listed in the answer. My computer is brand new.

gra007, Jul 9, 2021
Thema:

New laptop; newly installed programs immediately close when I open them

1. New laptop; newly installed programs immediately close when I open them - Similar Threads - laptop newly installed

2. Startup programs opening then closing immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup programs opening then closing immediately: When I start Windows 10, a bunch of programs are supposed to start with it, but none do. A bunch of them go to the system tray they're supposed to, and when I open the system tray, I see all their icons. However, when I hover over each icon, they disappear. In Task Manager ->...
  3. Startup programs opening then closing immediately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup programs opening then closing immediately: When I start Windows 10, a bunch of programs are supposed to start with it, but none do. A bunch of them go to the system tray they're supposed to, and when I open the system tray, I see all their icons. However, when I hover over each icon, they disappear. In Task Manager ->...
  4. Startup programs opening then closing immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Almost every program and app closes immediately when opening them

Almost every program and app closes immediately when opening them: Hello!So I just got this issue out of nowhere that almost every program, app and game I try to open closes immediately. This even affects programs like Edge Chromium, Sound, Notepad, Troubleshooter, Event Viewer and so on so I can't check what might cause the issue because I...
  6. Almost every program and app closes immediately when opening them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Almost every program and app closes immediately when opening them: Hello!So I just got this issue out of nowhere that almost every program, app and game I try to open closes immediately. This even affects programs like Edge Chromium, Sound, Notepad, Troubleshooter, Event Viewer and so on so I can't check what might cause the issue because I...
  7. Almost every program and app closes immediately when opening them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Program Opening and Closing Immediately

Program Opening and Closing Immediately: Over the last week, I have the above window open and close immediately every ten minutes on the dot, usually before I can see what the window says. Only reason I was able to get the above screen shot was that I just happened to turned my PC on at one of the 10 minute...
  9. program opens and closes immediately

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    program opens and closes immediately: Before the latest update to Win10, my program Jigsaw Mania was working fine. Now it opens but closes within a few seconds and is unusable now. Is there a way to fix this? I reinstalled the Jigsaw Mania program but had the same result. joe...
  10. All web browsers immediately close when I attempt to open them

All web browsers immediately close when I attempt to open them: Date: December 19, 2019. Last week, on December 9, 2019, I encountered a problem with Mozilla Firefox. As soon as I would click to open the browser, it would immediately open and then close itself. After multiple reinstallations failed to fix the problem, I gave up on...