Windows 10: New laptop not having volume and brightness indicators show up ?

Discus and support New laptop not having volume and brightness indicators show up ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My volume and brightness are gone ! They work but I cant see what level they are, is there a way to fix this issue ? I have a a Hp laptop i got used :/... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shineynickel444, Oct 15, 2020.

1. New laptop not having volume and brightness indicators show up ?

My volume and brightness are gone ! They work but I cant see what level they are, is there a way to fix this issue ? I have a a Hp laptop i got used :/

submitted by /u/shineynickel444
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shineynickel444, Oct 15, 2020

2. No volume bar when changing volume level and changing brightness causing lag

Hi Trawel,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

The option for brightness and volume indicator will automatically show on the Windows graphical user interface.

If you face the issue with volume and brightness indicator settings, it may have caused because you are using the ASUS system utilities. I suggest you to open the ASUS system utilities and disable the volume and brightness
    indicator and any other Windows related functionality. It is better to disable the ASUS system utility temporarily and check if it is the cause to the issue.

Please be informed that Microsoft has changed level for volume to show as
    horizontal level bar not as vertical bar in Windows 10. Click "speaker icon" on taskbar and volume level will appear.
    I hope the above information helps.

Kindly try the below steps to repair any corrupted files of Windows components and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select the
      command prompt (admin).

• Type the following commands one by one and hit Enter key.

Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Sfc /scannow

Note: If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details
    are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)”
    to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 15, 2020
  3. trawel Win User
    No volume bar when changing volume level and changing brightness causing lag

Hi!

I've got few problems I'd say.

First of all is that when I change brightness, there is that indicator in top left corner that shows how it is changing but when I try to change brightness level again it does nothing for like 5-10s and then it appears and changes. At the same time there
    appears this animation that ASUS have during changing these values.

Second thing is that when I change my volume level, there is no indicator like it is when changing brightness, there is only that animation from ASUS utilities. Is there any possiblity to have that enabled?

Firstly, I wanted to have only one indicator when changing brightness or volume or doing other actions (turning on wifi/BT, disabling touchpad, etc) (better would be provided by my system, not by laptop manufacturer utilities). Second thing would be a question
    how to disable that lag (it happens when increasing brightness mostly). Thirdly would be, how to enable that indicator while changing volume level and other options (turning on wifi/BT, disabling touchpad, etc).

Thanks for help

This is how brightness indicator looks like, but when changing volume level, there is nothing like that.

New laptop not having volume and brightness indicators show up ? fa9fe87b-db02-49dd-9cb5-8b21117d1dd5.png

trawel, Oct 15, 2020
  4. trawel Win User

New laptop not having volume and brightness indicators show up ?

No volume bar when changing volume level and changing brightness causing lag

Hi!

I've got few problems I'd say.

First of all is that when I change brightness, there is that indicator in top left corner that shows how it is changing but when I try to change brightness level again it does nothing for like 5-10s and then it appears and changes. At the same time there
    appears this animation that ASUS have during changing these values.

Second thing is that when I change my volume level, there is no indicator like it is when changing brightness, there is only that animation from ASUS utilities. Is there any possiblity to have that enabled?

Firstly, I wanted to have only one indicator when changing brightness or volume or doing other actions (turning on wifi/BT, disabling touchpad, etc) (better would be provided by my system, not by laptop manufacturer utilities). Second thing would be a question
    how to disable that lag (it happens when increasing brightness mostly). Thirdly would be, how to enable that indicator while changing volume level and other options (turning on wifi/BT, disabling touchpad, etc).

Thanks for help

This is how brightness indicator looks like, but when changing volume level, there is nothing like that.

New laptop not having volume and brightness indicators show up ? b31cf523-cd62-4b47-a44b-376a91f54db2.png

trawel, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

New laptop not having volume and brightness indicators show up ?

1. New laptop not having volume and brightness indicators show up ? - Similar Threads - laptop having volume

2. Volume and brightness indicator on screen does not show up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume and brightness indicator on screen does not show up.: After updating to the latest windows today, the volume and brightness indicator on screen does not show up when I try to increase or decrease. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks....
  3. Volume and brightness indicator on screen does not show up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume and brightness indicator on screen does not show up.: After updating to the latest windows today, the volume and brightness indicator on screen does not show up when I try to increase or decrease. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks....
  4. Windows 11 22H2 New Volume/Brightness Level Indicator completely gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 New Volume/Brightness Level Indicator completely gone: Since updating my volume and brightness indicator - bottom middle of screen when adjusting either of them - is completely gone. Restarts do not change anything.Get it together Microsoft... TEST your releases before you put them out in the wild... stuff like this happens...
  5. Windows 11 22H2 New Volume/Brightness Level Indicator completely gone

Windows 11 22H2 New Volume/Brightness Level Indicator completely gone: Since updating my volume and brightness indicator - bottom middle of screen when adjusting either of them - is completely gone. Restarts do not change anything.Get it together Microsoft... TEST your releases before you put them out in the wild... stuff like this happens...
  6. Windows 11 22H2 New Volume/Brightness Level Indicator Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 New Volume/Brightness Level Indicator Location: I hate the new location, I'm using a Surface Go 2, and when using the Type Cover my hand blocks seeing the level while adjusting.Not that I paid much attention to it when they were in the upper left corner, usually I'd go by ear or eye. But now that I can't see it I don't...
  7. Windows 11 22H2 New Volume/Brightness Level Indicator Location

Windows 11 22H2 New Volume/Brightness Level Indicator Location: I hate the new location, I'm using a Surface Go 2, and when using the Type Cover my hand blocks seeing the level while adjusting.Not that I paid much attention to it when they were in the upper left corner, usually I'd go by ear or eye. But now that I can't see it I don't...
  8. NEW VOLUME INDICATOR NOT WORKING

NEW VOLUME INDICATOR NOT WORKING: I installed new windows 11 update dev channel 22553. But when i click the volume keys on my laptop instead of the new volume indicator, It restart the windows explorer.exe but the volume indicator didn't come....
  9. NEW VOLUME INDICATOR NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NEW VOLUME INDICATOR NOT WORKING: I installed new windows 11 update dev channel 22553. But when i click the volume keys on my laptop instead of the new volume indicator, It restart the windows explorer.exe but the volume indicator didn't come....
  10. Volume/Brightness OSD late to show up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume/Brightness OSD late to show up: Hello everyone, as you can see from the title, my volume/brightness OSD's are late to show up. For example, whenever I press the volume/brightness keys, it takes approximately 4 seconds for the overlay to show up. I'm using a Lenovo IdeaPad C340 and I've only recently...