Windows 10: New Laptop not recognizing old monitor

Discus and support New Laptop not recognizing old monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; 've been looking for a cheap way to set up a monitor so that I can view better. I purchased a HDMI to VGA converter, but for some reason the monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Susan Nilsson, Jan 25, 2019.

1. New Laptop not recognizing old monitor

've been looking for a cheap way to set up a monitor so that I can view better. I purchased a HDMI to VGA converter, but for some reason the monitor is not "detectable."

:)

Susan Nilsson, Jan 25, 2019

2. Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the laptop is unable to recognize only the external monitor or other external devices also.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Windows 10 refuses to boot without the old monitor.

Hi,

To address your issue with connecting a new monitor, please perform these steps:

• Plug in the old monitor.
    • Uninstall the video driver, go to Device Manager > right-click on the video driver >
      Uninstall.
    • Unplug the old monitor, then connect the new one.
    • Turn on the computer, and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
    Update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Jan 25, 2019
  4. Igal_1234 Win User

New Laptop not recognizing old monitor

Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Original Title: Igal

Hi,

I am using Samsung series 5 Ultra laptop. installed windows 10 and upgraded to office 2015.

my laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor (HDMI connection). checked on a few different cables and monitors but nothing happens.

anyone has any suggestion how to fix this problem?

Thanks

Igal_1234, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

New Laptop not recognizing old monitor

1. New Laptop not recognizing old monitor - Similar Threads - Laptop recognizing old

2. Laptop recognizing its own monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop recognizing its own monitor: Hello, my laptop recently stopped recognizing its own screen as a monitor. The only way to use it is to plug it into a secondary external monitor via an hdmi cord. I checked an ensured that the drivers were up to date and tried booting it in safe mode to no avail. So, I'm...
  3. Win10 doesn't recognize new monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 doesn't recognize new monitor: Hi MicrosoftI bought a new monitor https://www.power.dk/computere-og-tablets/monitorer-og-skaerme/pc-skaerme/msi-optix-g273qfw-27-gamingskaerm/p-1173633/?q=G273QFW and plugged it in and everything was working perfect. 2560x1440 and 165hz. Happy me.I unplugged my setup to set...
  4. Win10 doesn't recognize new monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 doesn't recognize new monitor: Hi MicrosoftI bought a new monitor https://www.power.dk/computere-og-tablets/monitorer-og-skaerme/pc-skaerme/msi-optix-g273qfw-27-gamingskaerm/p-1173633/?q=G273QFW and plugged it in and everything was working perfect. 2560x1440 and 165hz. Happy me.I unplugged my setup to set...
  5. Win10 doesn't recognize new monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. New laptop won't recognize old HP printer

New laptop won't recognize old HP printer: My new Jumper laptop with Windows 10 won't recognize my old HP Desktop 1660 printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-laptop-wont-recognize-old-hp-printer/e1d0074c-9bb7-4c78-80cf-d85acfa5a130
  7. my new monitor is not recognized by pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my new monitor is not recognized by pc: I’ve bought a monitor MSI g27c2 but my computer does not recognise it. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-new-monitor-is-not-recognized-by-pc/9e3424aa-27f4-4fb7-ab30-ed99f84c67a4
  8. External monitor "no input"; worked with old laptop and intermittently with new laptop

External monitor "no input"; worked with old laptop and intermittently with new laptop: For nearly one year I've been using an external monitor to extend my display. Over the year my set up has stopped working three times and I get the message on the external monitor "no input" when I plug in the cable to my laptop. I have worked with Dell's IT support on this...
  9. External monitor "no input"; worked with old laptop and intermittently with new laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    External monitor "no input"; worked with old laptop and intermittently with new laptop: For nearly one year I've been using an external monitor to extend my display. Over the year my set up has stopped working three times and I get the message on the external monitor "no input" when I plug in the cable to my laptop. I have worked with Dell's IT support on this...
  10. New monitor, old computer?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New monitor, old computer?: I have an older computer that I haven't updated in a long time. I recently bought a monitor that connects to the computer via DisplayPort or an HDMI. Plugged the DisplayPort cable into the computer and the monitor says no input connected. My guess is the video card is...