Windows 10: New laptop now has two W10 Home installations - HELP please

Discus and support New laptop now has two W10 Home installations - HELP please in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently purchased an Acer Aspire 5 Slim (A515-54) It shipped with W10 Home on a 500G NVME SSD. The W10 Home key is apparently set in the BIOS. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by teckneeculler, Nov 17, 2020.

1. New laptop now has two W10 Home installations - HELP please

I recently purchased an Acer Aspire 5 Slim (A515-54)
    It shipped with W10 Home on a 500G NVME SSD. The W10 Home key is apparently set in the BIOS.
    It also has a space to hold a second (regular) SSD, and came with a bracket\ribbon for this purpose.
    I installed the second drive, a 250G Apacer, without problems.
    My intention was to install W10 Pro on the second SSD, so I downloaded the ISO from Microsoft and purchased a Pro key.
    However, when I installed the ISO, it seems to be activated as another W10 Home.
    How can I change the second installation to W10 Pro?

:)

teckneeculler, Nov 17, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 17, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Installing W10 on this Laptop

HP Stream 11 under Windows 10 - Touchpad not recognized.

Are you making sure you are trying the correct driver for the WiFi... They list Broadcom, Intel, and/or Realtek.

Also, try to run the installer as an administrator install.

If that fails... try extracting the files and manually install the driver.

95Viper, Nov 17, 2020
  4. rk3066 Win User

New laptop now has two W10 Home installations - HELP please

Installing W10 on this Laptop

Wifi works but where's the link he mentions in the link above? not seeing it

rk3066, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

New laptop now has two W10 Home installations - HELP please

1. New laptop now has two W10 Home installations - HELP please - Similar Threads - laptop has W10

2. New laptop now has two W10 Home installations - HELP please

in Windows 10 Support
    New laptop now has two W10 Home installations - HELP please: I recently purchased an Acer Aspire 5 Slim (A515-54) It shipped with W10 Home on a 500G NVME SSD. The W10 Home key is apparently set in the BIOS. It also has a space to hold a second (regular) SSD, and came with a bracket\ribbon for this purpose. I installed the second drive,...
  3. Reinstalled W10 on my laptop that originally came with Pro version and now it has Home.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalled W10 on my laptop that originally came with Pro version and now it has Home.: As the title states, I recently reinstalled W10 on my laptop and just realized that it now has Windows 10 Home edition. How can I upgrade it? I don't have any product key. I thought that the licence was associated to the hardware and I didn't need to enter any key....
  4. How to install W10 on new laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install W10 on new laptop?: Hi there! Just bought a new ssd, so I gotta install the OS from scratch. How do I download it, I have a licence but have no idea how it works - do I need to find a key somewhere, can I just download it from here someplace? I am familiar with then putting the installation...
  5. New laptop mishap - Please help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New laptop mishap - Please help: Hi, My new, much anticipated laptop arrived on Wednesday. I bought the Office 365 Personal and McAfee Total Protection with the laptop. On Wednesday evening I started to set up the laptop, entering all the necessary details and connecting to my BT internet possibly where I...
  6. Stuck are INSTALLING for 2 weeks now - two different W10 Updates !!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stuck are INSTALLING for 2 weeks now - two different W10 Updates !!: I'm stumped - the 2 UPDATES below have never installed in over 2 weeks. They continue to stay at "INSTALLING". There are 8 other updates in the queue now stuck behind these "WAITING TO INSTALL". Why is this happening???? How can I get it kicked to restart ?? I've rebooted...
  7. New install of W10

in Windows 10 Support
    New install of W10: Have just installed Windows 10 dual boot with Windows 7, so it uses Windows 7 credentials. What a pig's ear Microsoft has made of this. Can't install Firefox, can't set up my Hotmail account, can't install Tweekbit, in fact, can't install anything. Keeps wanting me to part...
  8. Please HELP! Changed HP laptop active partition W10 now can't boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Please HELP! Changed HP laptop active partition W10 now can't boot: Hello, The problem is also more complicated because the laptop cannot see any bootable USB sticks so I can't access anything except the Bios. The problem is self created. I was trying to clean up a multi partitioned drive and then merging the partitions. There were 4...
  9. Install W10 Home OEM on to two drives - is it allowed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install W10 Home OEM on to two drives - is it allowed?: I have a W10 Home OEM DVD, and used it to install this OS on to an SSD. Unfortunately, I'm having some trouble with this SSD, so I bought another one. It's the same capacity, but made by a different manufacturer. Can I install the OEM OS on to the new drive OK? Or will MS...
  10. New W10 installation

in Windows 10 Support
    New W10 installation: Installed a couple hours ago seems to work quite well, but how do I find my computer as in win 7 , my drives etc??? 13512